Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Dagger and Coin > Dagger and Coin #3. The Tyrants Law/ spoilers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda ╰☆╮ , In Memoriam (new)

Brenda ╰☆╮    (brnda) | 343 comments Mod
Discuss The Tyrant's Law here.

message 2: by Margret (new)

Margret 'Twas good, definitely a middle book setting up for bigger things. That ending though! So exciting!

message 3: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
I am about 3/4s of the way through and eating it up! I love that it all makes a kind of sense....very believable story!

message 4: by Vera (new)

Vera M. | 37 comments This one seems a lot of planning and set up of what's to come. It was still interesting enough to read through. It was well done for a middle book.
I can really picture the world and the people around it. I feel like it is done in such a subtle way. Not overly descriptive, but there.

message 5: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
wowsie on the ending. I was not seeing that coming at all!

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen I finished this on Friday, 22.4, and I'm not really loving this series. It's alright, I like most of the characters and the plotline is interesting but it's just not being my socks off :(

message 7: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
I’m reading this series years after the group did, but just want to share my thoughts. First, I didn’t think it suffered “middle book syndrome”—I felt like there was quite a bit of action, certainly some big changes for many of the characters. Cithrin has grown from being mostly a whiny brat into a smart, usually confident woman. Clara continues to wow me with her courage and strategizing. Geder is just appalling but not as appalling as Basrahip, although Master Kit’s comments about his time in the temple do help me make some sense of the priests. All the characters have such depth!
And yes, that ending! Wow!