Space Opera Fans discussion

Previous BOTM Threads > STARDOC by S.L. Viehl

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Mar 02, 2016 08:01AM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Greetings Space Opera Fans!

Ooh! A doctor with a specialty in alien xenobiology with a SECRET! I wonder what it is? That's the premise in Stardoc by S.L. Viehl

Stardoc cover

Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) by S.L. Viehl S.L. Viehl

Dr. Cherijo Grey Veil leaves Earth and accepts a position as a physician at Kevarzanga-2's FreeClinic. Her surgical skills are desperately needed on a hostile frontier world with over 200 sentient species--and her understanding of alien physiology is nothing short of miraculous. But the truth behind her expertise is a secret which, if discovered, could have disastrous consequences between human and alien relations...

ARE YOU READING STARDOC? Shout it out in the discussion thread below, find a Book Buddy, and share your impressions as you read along. Just remember to be kind and use the spoiler .html so you don't ruin the fun for someone who isn't as far along.

Be epic!

Anna Erishkigal
SOF Borg Queen

message 2: by John (new)

John Abbott | 73 comments oooh I physically have this! I hope to finish the book I am on to get this one in.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Carabella (jdcarabella) | 3 comments I've already read this - have the whole series. Have to go see the other books ;)

message 4: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2317 comments Mod
I remember reading this when it was first out in paperback, and liking it then. I read one or two more in the series then lost interest. I'll try to find my copy of it.

message 5: by Fiannawolf (new)

Fiannawolf | 163 comments Hmmm...what was I doing in the year 2000.....because this seems oddly familiar. I think its because I was reading dune and mccaffrey books at the time. Ahh yes, high school. Books saved me during HS.

Ill have to investigate the book attic to see if my dad still has a copy of this floating around somewhere.

message 6: by Jon (new)

Jon Abbott | 48 comments I'm looking forward to reading this again.

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Kurdziel I remember reading this and loving it, but I ended up hating where the series went. I don't know if I can face the disappointment again.

message 8: by R. (new)

R. Billing (r_billing) | 196 comments Read it, loved it, was once on a discussion group with SLV.

message 9: by Shawnie (new)

Shawnie | 4 comments I love this series!

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason Braida | 51 comments I'm up for this one. I won't get to it until later in the month, however. Two books to get out of the way first.

J

message 11: by John (new)

John Abbott | 73 comments I am a little over half way with this and I am really liking it so far. For me it's kind of an interplanetary ER soap opera thing! lol.

In any case it's pretty good. Once I finish I'll put in my review.

message 12: by Jon (new)

Jon Abbott | 48 comments John (message 11) and I, Jon, both have the same last name. However, as you see we have variants of our common first name. So, should you really intent to address one of us, be careful of the use of the "h."

Perhaps easier to remember, I use the New Mexico flag as my avatar.

message 13: by John (new)

John Abbott | 73 comments Jon wrote: "John (message 11) and I, Jon, both have the same last name. However, as you see we have variants of our common first name. So, should you really intent to address one of us, be careful of the use o..."

New Mexico cousin!

message 14: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliabaldwin) | 41 comments Started this today!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stardoc (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

S.L. Viehl (other topics)