Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Divide And Rule
This topic is about Divide And Rule
Book Cover Help > Cover and additional info needed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Hello, I have the hardback which has the same ISBN as this edition. I believe this is actually the original edition.

ISBN: 0722656203
Publisher: Kestrel Books, published by Penguin Books Ltd
Copyright: 1979 (not 1980 as in Goodreads record)
Number of pages: 246
Format: hardcover

Cover illustration uploaded to https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

The main edition that comes up for this book in a GR search is 0690040121 but that is not this original publication. Copyright page of my one says First published 1979 and copyright 1979, so 0722656203 is the first one.

message 2: by Jérémie (new)

Jérémie Moenne Loccoz | 300 comments The info you provided matches WorldCat's : update done.

However, the cover you provided is slightly different than the one from Amazon. Do you confirm your copy's ISBN is 0722656203 ?

message 3: by Pam (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Thanks for doing this.

If you mean the amazon link at Divide and Rule, that one hasn't had the background cropped from around it. The only problem with my photo is the dustjacket is a tiny bit curled at the top so it has reflected some light from it, but I cropped the background that the book was lying on. I took 5 pictures but this was the best one I could get. It doesn't help that the illustration is all in shades of brown and fades away towards the lower part (by design) so it isn't that clear anyway.

The ISBN of my copy is 0722656203

message 4: by Jérémie (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:42AM) (new)

Jérémie Moenne Loccoz | 300 comments Actually, the difference I noted lies in the color of the font used for the title. It is minor but I was wondering if that was an ACE.
Since you confirmed the ISBN we can keep the cover you provided :)

message 5: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Well spotted! There's another version on GR that doesn't have a cover and is by a different publisher, so maybe that's the one shown on Amazon.