Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Mods - Currently Reading..

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 684 comments Mod
Hi guys!,

This is basically just a thread to let you guys know what us, the mods, are currently reading. As well as what we plan on reading in the next few days/or weeks and to let you know what our thoughts are.

Please feel free to include your thoughts on any of the books we are reading or have read and let us know if you're reading the same or would like to join us for a buddy read for any of them.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (last edited Mar 02, 2016 05:54AM) (new)

I have just finished reading Looking for Alaska by John Green.
(I absolutely loved this. It made me so very emotional.)

I am currently reading:
Bridget Jones; The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding. Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones, #2) by Helen Fielding
The Amulet by Alison Pensy. The Amulet (Custodian Novel, #1) by Alison Pensy

Then I will be reading:
Bridget Jones; Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding (to finish the series) Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3) by Helen Fielding
The rest of the series by Alison Pensy. The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel # 2) by Alison Pensy The Cypher Wheel (Custodian Novel, #3) by Alison Pensy The Ice Diamond Cuff (Custodian Novel, #4) by Alison Pensy

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm reading Ink and Bone by Rachael Caine right now. Pretty good so far. Once you get past the prologue.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'm reading The Wrath and the Dawn and hope that I can finish it today.

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Finished Ink and Bone. The beginning was a bit rough, but I actually enjoyed it a lot later on.

Now I'm reading The Dragon Reborn, which is the third Wheel of Time book. Excited to see where this series goes. It's not my favorite, but fairly enjoyable.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Going to start Ink and Bone soon. Hope I like it.

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hope you do too, Jackie! I really think you will.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yeh, I'm going in blind to this one so let's see how that goes. Usually I read a summary.

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I really like going into books with the barest details. So even when I've read a synopsis or something, I'll wait a while before actually reading the book.

message 10: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I like going into books not knowing much about them as well. I like not knowing what's going to happen.

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments It makes it more interesting for me. Because I feel like I have to discover what the story is about, instead of expecting certain things.

message 12: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I have just finished reading Bridget Jones; the edge of reason and I am now moving on to the amulet by Alison Pensy.

The second book in the Bridget Jones trilogy was okay. I rated it three stars as it was better than the first. It has however taken me a while to get through it. Hopefully the third book will be better. Which I will be reading after the Amulet.

I'm also currently about 22 books behind on my reading challenge for this year so I am going to continue with The Grimm Diaries Prequels by Cameron Jace. Then hopefully moving on to the actual Diaries.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'm exciced to see how I like going in blind.

message 14: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I have managed to get my reading challenge from 22 books behind to 16 so hopefully within the next couple of weeks I should be able to get back on track.

I am really enjoying the Grimm Prequels at the minute and I am currently on number 15.

I am also quite enjoying the Amulet by Alison Pensy. The first 25% was a little slow going but now that something is finally happening its picking up a little. I'm hoping to have this book finished by the weekend.

Next I will be continuing the Amulet series by Alison Pensy and reading the last book in the Bridget Jones series - Bridget Jones; Mad about the Boy.

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm still reading the third Wheel of Time book right now. Should finish in the next day or so. Not sure what I'm starting next. I have some picked out for the month though.

I'm also going to be reading Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. It's a buddy read with my sister, so I'm excited.

message 16: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I've completed the first book in the amulet series so I am currently reading the second.

I'm also reading the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia - the Magicians Nephew. :)

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I've never read all of the Chronicles of Narnia books. My brother told me I should read them in publication order though, so starting with The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. So that's the only one I've read.

message 18: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I have a big book with them all in and they're in the order that the author said they should be read in and it starts with the Magicians Nephew so I'm just going to read it in that order:)

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yeah, that's the one my brother has. :)

message 20: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I love the Chronicles of Narnia, it's got to be one of my most favourite series. :)

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm about to finish Chime by Franny Billingsley. It's...odd. I like some things about it, but others just bug me. I've liked it more as I've continued though.

Also reading Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. My sister and I are buddy reading this. Only a chapter in so far but it seems promising.

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I don't know what to read next! I'm reading Keeping the Moon with my sister, but I want to start another book too. I just don't feel like reading the books I had planned. :/

message 23: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I hate it when that happens I keep going into really bad reading slumps lately. :/

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I've never actually had a reading slump. Not in the way that most people do. I did start the next Wheel of Time book, so we shall see what I think.

message 25: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Shadow Rising is one of my favorites in the series.

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments So far I'm liking it. Dragon Reborn was a bit of a let down, overall. Hoping this one picks back up.

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments What did you think of keeping the moon

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Still reading it. We're going slowly, my sister isn't as much of a crazy reader as I am. I'm really liking it though.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Nice. Let me know what you think in the end. That's one Dessen book I've yet to read. It looks really cute though.

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I think you would like it. Will definitely let you know once I've finished. I was worried because it's one of her older ones, but I'm really enjoying it.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yeah, I find that I don't like some of her older ones as much, but I'll pick it up over the summer.

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments That Summer...her first book. Ugh. Did not like. Someone Like You was much better. Still not great. Lock and Key is my favorite of the ones I've read.

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Have you read The Truth About Forever?

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Not yet. I have it though.

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Definitely recommend it as its one of my favourites

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'll have to get to that one. So far Lock and Key has been my favorite of hers.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yeh, it's one of my favourite books of hers too

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How many of her books have you read? I think Keeping the Moon is my seventh.

message 39: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments We just finished reading Keeping the Moon. I enjoyed it a lot. I would definitely pick it up, Jackie.

message 40: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I've read seven of her books as well.

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Courtney wrote: "We just finished reading Keeping the Moon. I enjoyed it a lot. I would definitely pick it up, Jackie."

Thanks. Might pick it up this month as it fits for book written by a female.

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Jackie wrote: "Courtney wrote: "We just finished reading Keeping the Moon. I enjoyed it a lot. I would definitely pick it up, Jackie."

Thanks. Might pick it up this month as it fits for book written by a female."

And it's super short. Only like 225 pages.

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Finished Quintessence by David B. Patterson yesterday and am starting Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas today.

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Really, that's nice. I know I've read books of her that are about 400 pages. Plus, the length means I could maybe read it in a weekend/a couple of days.

message 45: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Jackie wrote: "Really, that's nice. I know I've read books of her that are about 400 pages. Plus, the length means I could maybe read it in a weekend/a couple of days."

Her earlier books were generally shorter. Yes, I would definitely say you could do this in a couples of days. It would probably take no more than 4-5 hours to read it, depending on how quickly you read.

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'll be finishing up The Shadow Rising over the next couple of days. My sister and I are going to buddy read This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen since we've finished Keeping the Moon. Not sure when we'll start.

message 47: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Ooh, I've been meaning to read that. Do you know how long it is?

message 48: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments It's about 345 pages.

message 49: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Just finished The Shadow Rising. Will be starting This Lullaby tomorrow and probably The Dragon Hunter and the Mage.

message 50: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Well, I finished This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. Pretty good book. Not my favorite but still enjoyable.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.