What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about young girl caught up in Hitlers Master Race. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brennah (new)

Brennah Ladner | 4 comments I vaguely remember that this book was in first person and centered around a young girl. There was a family and German police came and got them and sent them to some center where they were inspected and the girl was pulled from her family because she fit the qualifications. She's put into a school gym with other teenage girls with blonde hair and blue eyes where they stay the night. And that's as far as I got when the book was taken from me.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32276 comments Mod
Brennah, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book.

What year did you read this book?

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 596 comments Drat...I think I just saw this the other day in my library. Was it a YA fiction with a picture of a blonde girl and swastika flags in the background?

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments I'm pretty sure it's "Wolf by Wolf" by Ryan Graudin.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin for the link.

message 6: by Brennah (new)

Brennah Ladner | 4 comments I read it around 6-7 years ago. It's YA.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
So it can't be "Wolf by Wolf" which was only published last fall.

message 8: by Brennah (new)

Brennah Ladner | 4 comments Correct. I'm pretty sure it might be the book Jenna is speaking of. It's been bothering me for YEARS because it was a fantastic book and I never finished. Everytime I go to ask in a store, no one knows how to help because they're not familiar with the topic!

message 9: by Brennah (new)

Brennah Ladner | 4 comments I FOUND IT! ITS CALLED SOMEONE NAMED EVA! Oh Gesh I'm so happy! Thank you all! Your comments really filled in the blanks!

message 10: by Kris (new)

Great, glad you found your book. Here's the link - Someone Named Eva by Joan M. Wolf

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments Glad you found your book! :D
So is Wolf by Wolf a rip-off, considering it has the exact same plot? And what a coincidence, the author's last name is the same as the title! Really weird.

message 12: by Andria (last edited Mar 03, 2016 07:48AM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
No, Wolf by Wolf has a TOTALLY different plot. It is an alternate history: "The year is 1956, and the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule. To commemorate their Great Victory, they host the Axis Tour: an annual motorcycle race across their conjoined continents. The prize? An audience with the highly reclusive Adolf Hitler at the Victor's ball in Tokyo. Yael, a former death camp prisoner, has witnessed too much suffering, and the five wolves tattooed on her arm are a constant reminder of the loved ones she lost. The resistance has given Yael one goal: Win the race and kill Hitler. A survivor of painful human experimentation, Yael has the power to skinshift and must complete her mission by impersonating last year's only female racer, Adele Wolfe. This deception becomes more difficult when Felix, Adele's twin brother, and Luka, her former love interest, enter the race and watch Yael's every move."

Someone Like Eva has no supernatural elements or motorcycle race as far as I can tell and is straight historical fiction: "In 1942, eleven-year-old Milada is taken from her home in Lidice, Czechoslovakia, along with other blond, blue-eyed children to a Lebensborn center in Poland. There she is trained to be a "proper German" for adoption by a German family, and all the while she struggles to remember her true identity."