Infinite Winter 2016 discussion

Discussion threads > WEEK FOUR & FIVE Discussion Thread: Pages 242-390

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Langhoff (tobiasvl) | 11 comments Welcome to the week four and five Infinite Jest discussion thread. We invite you to share your questions and reflections on pages 242-390 -- or if you're reading the digital version, up to location 8869 -- below.

How's everyone doing?

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph (saschup) | 5 comments Man, I'm so far behind! It's quite a book. Part of my problem is that I'm really studying it. If I come across a phrase or even a word that's interesting, I'll search for it via my ereader. More than half the time there is someone who has written at length about that particular item. It's sort of like finding easter eggs in movies. I don't always agree with what people say, but it helps me solidify my own interpretation.

On the other hand, I'm also reading the paperback when I'm not in the mood for the glowing screen -- based on a suggestion here from Johanna. I agree it's a different experience altogether. My second time around will be solely paperback, but I wouldn't want to miss all the vocabulary and additional content I'm getting the first time with my kobo.