Blogger Lift discussion

Help: Blogging 101 > GFC vs Google+ Followers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazzie (new)

Jazzie (jazzie_kings) | 29 comments Hey there! Sorry if I'm posting this question in the wrong folder. I recently added the G+Followers gadget to my blog after I got some feedback. I was wondering what the difference was between Google Friend Connect and Google+ Followers. Are they the same thing or if they're not, what's the difference? I didn't see a GFC gadget on my blogger layout.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Jazzie @ The Book Dancer

message 2: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Google friend connect is just another way to connect through Google. When you pull up blogger you'll see all the blogs you follow through Google Friend Connect. Google plus is sort of the same thing except they'll see your posts through your google profile when you share them.

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (hannahsophialin) | 337 comments GFC gadget is usually found in the additional gadgets (More). I think it's called Members?

But yes... Google+ is quite different from GFC, though they're the same company.

message 4: by Jazzie (new)

Jazzie (jazzie_kings) | 29 comments Thanks! I didn't look in the additional gadgets. I assumed since GFC was a Google gadget it would be under the regular gadget list. =)

message 5: by Jazzie (new)

Jazzie (jazzie_kings) | 29 comments Okay, I'm not intentionally being annoying with all my questions about GFC. (I feel like I've asked a lot.) But did I potentially miss some sort of hidden step when I added the GFC gadget? I mean the gadget itself is pretty straightforward and there's not much to it. I've had two people tell me it's not working on my page though. I've tried clicking it myself and all I get is a pop-up screen that says 'Page cannot be displayed.' It does work though if I click the two tiny overlapping squares in the top right corner of the gadget then click Follow but that's just overly complicated when it's supposed to work with just one click.

message 6: by Jazzie (new)

Jazzie (jazzie_kings) | 29 comments It took me a while but I figured out my problem. The GFC gadget is the one called "Followers" which is the last on the list after you click additional gadgets. The gadget called "Members" will set up an identical gadget but the Join this site link doesn't work properly. That was my problem but it's fixed now. =)

message 7: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (hannahsophialin) | 337 comments Jazzie wrote: "Thanks! I didn't look in the additional gadgets. I assumed since GFC was a Google gadget it would be under the regular gadget list. =)"

Ah yes! There's a duplicate. It used to be part of the main page but not anymore, which is really unfortunate. :(
Glad it's fixed! :)