UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > ** Maureen Stuart's Birthday - Still missed**

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Still missed, even though the years have passed.

Still have her on Facebook and Friended here. Can't bring myself to change that.

RIP.

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Happy Birthday Maureen.

Still think about her from time to time. I would love to know how her wee boy is doing now, I bet he is a real wee character if her stories are anything to go by

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "Happy Birthday Maureen.

Still think about her from time to time. I would love to know how her wee boy is doing now, I bet he is a real wee character if her stories are anything to go by"

I still remember him cleaning the bathroom with the toilet brush.

message 4: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Oh yeah! Haha, gross

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) wrote: "And the talc incident."

with the dog? wasn't it?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Yup. Achingly funny when she described it.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Aw!!! I think of Maureen often. Her face often comes up to recommend books to on here.
I did ask her friend how little Daniel was but didn't get a reply unfortunately.
RIP xx

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments It always saddens me to see that she was reading American Gods when she died and never finished it.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments lovely lady, happy birthday Maureen .

message 11: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Daniel, I couldn't remember his name :o(

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "Daniel, I couldn't remember his name :o("

Yes, of course, Daniel.

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments I have just been searching through old posts and found this

Morning! May 27, 2012 03:51PM

In the big scale of things, nothing horrible at all Patti. Just one of those days. All trivial and boring.

It started this morning when Daniel was supposed to be eating his breakfast at the kitchen table while I was hoovering the lounge. Only he wasn't eating breakfast. When I finished hoovering and got back to the kitchen he was lathering his hair with washing-up liquid. That disaster over, I decide to get him changed out of his PJ's and into shorts and t-shirt. While I am changing him, I discover I have no wipes and have to go find some. While I was doing that, he decided to cover his hair in the sun cream I had sitting out ready to put on him before he went outside (baring in mind I have just newly washed out the washing-up liquid he had "applied" to his hair not 10 minutes before).

So he is dressed now and ready to go outside and play in the yard. While I am collecting his PJ's/dirty nappy for the laundry/trash, he decided to give Delilah (the dog) a Pancake from the cupboard. Delilah runs upstairs to bury her stash in the bed covers I have just newly laundered yesterday. While I am cleaning up that disaster, Daniel decides to take the dog water bowl outside, empty it on the step to make a puddle and sit in said puddle in his shorts I have just changed him into.

We've been up for less than an hour and I've had no coffee yet. Result: I did not start the day in the best of moods.

The rest of the day continued in this same fashion.

Like I said, no major disasters. Just a series of small disasters and enough to confince me I needed some retail therapy tonight ;-).

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol!! Oh dear! That was a typical day for her huh?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Good search, Janet. He was a real handful. Still makes me chuckle.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments I miss Maureen, but her memory will always be alive with us.

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Still much missed Maureen but remembered with love and laughter.
I often wonder how Danial is, shame you didn't get a reply Emz.
Well done finding that Janet, put a smile on many a face that day.

RIP Sweetheart X X

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I sometimes re-read our private messages. I do miss our chats.

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Too young.

message 20: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Happy birthday Maureen and I sincerely hope you are resting in peace.
The day we met up was hilarious, she was every bit the character she was online and possibly even funnier, we giggled so much as we chatted about Daniel, dogs and putting the world to rights. Whenever I visit Ayr we call into Nero's and raise our cups to her memory.
Smiling as I recall the look of shock Phil's face as she gave him the biggest hug and then snatched the dog from him and knelt on the pavement playing with her. Priceless!

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Aw! What a lovely memory. I had forgotten that you met up with her. She was just fab and we do miss her xx

message 23: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments That's a lovely memory Sarah, she was a lovely lady.

message 24: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Maureen was one of the first people to make an impression on me in the early days of my time here. She really was lovely.

message 25: by Elle (last edited Mar 02, 2016 06:29PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments A very happy birthday to you Maureen, wherever you are. I like to think you are somewhere up there reading as much as you want.

One of the last books I remember her talking about was The Night Circus and I haven't been able to bring myself to read it as every time I even look at it a tear comes to my remembering her.

message 26: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I didn't know you met her Sarah! How lovely :o)

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Elle wrote: "A very happy birthday to you Maureen, wherever you are. I like to think you are somewhere up there reading as much as you want.

One of the last books I remember her talking about was The Night Cir..."

That's the last book I was talking about with Maureen too. I keep it in my best book collection on my kindle and often think of her when I see it there.

Read it Elle, she would want you to enjoy it.

message 28: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I still have her mobile no. in my contact list same with other friends and family who have died. Thank goodness memories can't be deleted.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Her Facebook page is still there too.

message 30: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Anita wrote: "Elle wrote: "A very happy birthday to you Maureen, wherever you are. I like to think you are somewhere up there reading as much as you want.

One of the last books I remember her talking about was ..."

I'll definitely read it someday but I think I need to feel a bit stronger before I do that!

message 31: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments I've just seen this :( so sad :(

message 32: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments We'll always be here for you should you need a bit of moral support when you do decide to give it a go, Elle :o)

message 33: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Philip (sarah) wrote: "I still have her mobile no. in my contact list same with other friends and family who have died. Thank goodness memories can't be deleted."

I'm the same Sarah, it seems wrong to erase them, so final. It is a good job that you can't erase memories.

You must read it when you are ready Elle, like Jud said we are here for love and support when you do.

It is so sad Katy, she was a lovely lady and much missed by a lot of people.