The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, #2) The People of Sparks discussion

What IS the ruined city?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited Jul 23, 2009 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Allison It occurs to me that Sparks and Ember are most likely located somewhere in the real world (given the book's mention of many real things, like airplanes, trucks and even Harry Potter) and that the real city is based on a real city in existance today, like Boston, NYC, or Chicago. I'm not entirely finished with People of Sparks yet, but I was wondering if anybody had a guess where the story takes place.

Leann Well, of course it's NYC, hello, the movies make sure we know it, nothing interesting or worth listening to ever happens to anyone anywhere else. Only kidding, no idea which city. I emailed the author from the contact on her website after I finished reading all her books and she actually emailed me back so maybe you should ask her, she could definitely give you an answer. :) BTW, don't quit, the remaining two books are excellent.

message 3: by Richard (last edited Oct 06, 2015 09:41AM) (new)

Richard Lee It's San Fransisco, since there's a bay and Ember is in California according to the third book.

Amelia Rodriguez I read all the books but I haven't watched the movies. Are they good?

Laura Guilbault Amelia wrote: "I read all the books but I haven't watched the movies. Are they good?"

I'm pretty sure that there's only one movie... And yes, I liked it very much.