IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Iggle Reading Challenges > March 2016 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Hello Lovely Iggles!!
It's March and you know what that means!! It's Birthday month over at IGGPPC as we turn 3!! I still can't believe this amazing geeky community has been around for 3 years!!
I don't know about you, but when I think "Birthday" the first thing thats pops into my head is CAKE!! All that yummy goodness... mmmmmm... I want cake...

So your challenge for this month is to read a book with cake on the cover! It can be any kind of cake, but it must be cake!

Here are some lists to help you out or you can have a gander at your local book store or library and see what you can find.
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6...

As always, here are your rules!

Rules are:
-It has to be a new book/comic for you, one you haven't read before
-It must be different than our other book picks, so it can't be the same main, comic book, manga or series we are reading that month
-You have to read it within that month to get the achievement***.
-Check in with us once you've read your book, you can do that here, on twitter, the IGGPPC forums or our Instagram page, I love seeing covers so take a picture and share with us!

Now as you may have noticed there are stars by the achievement rule. I believe the IGGPPC are phasing out achievements. I am going to find out more info and will see if they will be replaced with something else or if we will get another code for March but I will let you know as soon as I find out! :)

Happy reading Iggles!!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Ooh, this one is proving hard to find. If anyone has any ideas for none chick-lit books could you post them here. Thanks! :-)

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsatreat) | 19 comments Jennifer, I read Laini Taylor's "Night of Cake and Puppets" if you are a fan of her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. This one is still pretty romantic, though, with the elements of magic found in the series.

message 4: by Elena (new)

Elena (alostgeek) Jennifer, do you like mysteries? If you don't mind reading a book that's already a bit old, one of Agatha Christie's murder mysteries has a cake on the cover: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
The cake is missing in the newest edition though.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thank you! I'll definitely look into that one :-)

message 6: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts @Jennifer The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake isn't Chick Lit. it's a quick read with a layer of whimsy and a real marmite book but definitely not Chick Lit. I'm struggling with this one too :-(

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments I am reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake."

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate C | 65 comments Mod
The only book I could find in my local library was this murder mystery Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M.C. Beaton

Not normally my cup of tea, but fairly enjoyable and an easy read.

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments I just finished "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. "

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments I finished Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic for this challenge

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments oh my gosh you guys!! I totally didn't realize it's a new month!! I'll be adding a new challenge later tonight!! Sorry for being so late!