Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

MOVIE NIGHT: ARCHIVED > #7: The Won Liners

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 11, 2016 04:52PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments description

Movie Night #7
Team 4

Team Leader: Sarah
Team Members:

description Natalie
description July
description Chelsea
description Julia

Week 1: 67

message 2: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all. I'll try to brainstorm some ideas for a team name, but I'm totally up for suggestions. :D

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Hi, I'm Natalie! Nice to meet you all.

I have no idea about a team name either. Maybe something both movie and book related?

message 4: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Yes, I like that idea!

Ok, I've been trying to come up with something using a pun and I came up with The Won Liners. Liners as in the lines of a book, and won instead of one because of the actors/actresses who have won awards for their films. Also because this is a reading challenge (and maybe we'll win? :P) Haha, I promise that I won't be offended if no one likes this.

Who knew coming up with a team name could be so hard! I was trying to come up with something using the word Hollywood, but came up blank.

message 5: by Chelsea (last edited Mar 01, 2016 08:17PM) (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Hi I'm Chelsea.

I'm up for anything for a team name. I think The Won Liners would be an interesting team name. I am not good with coming up with names myself.

message 6: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Does anyone want to volunteer to be the team leader? I have a lot of spare time, so I don't mind doing it if needed.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I don't mind who the team leader is... since this is the first time I am doing the Movie Night Challenge, I would prefer not being the team leader.

message 8: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Ok, no problem! I don't mind doing it as long as there are no objections from the other group members. :)

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments I'm totally fine with that name and you being the leader. I have work and uni so I'll be grateful to finish each reading in a week.

message 10: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 32 comments Hello girls! I'm July :)
I think the name is great!! Though I'm also new to this challenge so I think I won't be the best leader xD

message 11: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Ok, sounds good! I'm also new to this challenge, but hopefully I'll figure it out along the way haha. We just have to choose our movies now. If you are able to send them to me by tomorrow, I will send them to Gisbelle. :)

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 14 comments Hello team!:)
The name is great and the choice of leader as well. So, how many movies do we need to send?

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments can i pick now you see me for the movie? how many do you have to submit?

message 14: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I believe everyone just private messages me one, and I send the list to Gisbelle.

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Sarah wrote: "Ok, sounds good! I'm also new to this challenge, but hopefully I'll figure it out along the way haha. We just have to choose our movies now. If you are able to send them to me by tomorrow, I will s..."

I think the movies are all supposed to be in tonight, according to the thread that we all signed up on.

message 16: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Yup, they are! I wrote that last night, so I meant tomorrow as in today. Sorry for the confusion! :)

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Sarah wrote: "Yup, they are! I wrote that last night, so I meant tomorrow as in today. Sorry for the confusion! :)"

It was my fault lol, I didn't look at what time it was posted!

message 18: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Thanks everyone for sending me your movie choices. I've sent them to Gisbelle.

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments I'm so excited. I'm thinking we brainstorm some books with lots of points once they post the movie.

message 20: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Yes, I agree! :D

message 21: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 32 comments Great :D I'm so excited!!

Oh girls, I know I'm not the leader, though I post our name (The Won Liners, right? to the thread. So I think that's our name :)

message 22: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Oh, oops! I forgot to do that. Thank you, July! :D

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments guys! first movie has been posted!

Gladiator

Weekly Requirements

Genre: Action or historical fiction
Cover: A man or a weapon
Plot: Slavery
Title: Gladiator
Name: Ridley, David, Russell, Joaquin, & Connie
Setting: Italy or Published 2000

Hidden Words: blood, revenge, famous, leg and horse.

message 24: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Woah! This one is going to be a hard one, I think. Haha

message 25: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Haha agreed, doing my research now.

message 26: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Fight for Freedom I found one that fits. The title is in the series title, so I'm not sure if that counts. It hits quite a few of the other points, too. But I have to admit, it is not a book I would usually want to read lol. I'll keep looking.

message 27: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Ok, I think I found my book choice. It's part of a series that I have always meant to finish.

Torrent (River of Time, #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren

It fits genre, cover, setting, and hopefully the hidden words. I will definitely still keep looking around for everyone else, though! :D

message 28: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Does it have to be YA? If not Angels & Demons. You could get the points for genre, cover, and setting.

message 29: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments As far as I know, it doesn't have to be YA. So that book is an option too!

message 30: by Chelsea (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:49PM) (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments The His Fair Assassin Series fit the genre and cover with possibly the hidden words.

Another book that fits the genre and cover are Legacy of Kings. Sword and Verse fits cover and plot.

message 31: by Chelsea (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:59PM) (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I found a book that fits the genre, plot, and setting: Cleopatra's Daughter.

Another book that could be used is Changeling. It fits cover, genre, and setting.

message 32: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments If anyone needs an ebook I can most likely find it as well.

message 33: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I found a book that I think I will be reading. It's called Lily of the Nile.

message 34: by Natalie (last edited Mar 04, 2016 10:52PM) (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I've decided to read this.
Name: David (5 points)
Setting: First published in 2000 (6 points)
Hidden words: blood, revenge, famous, leg and horse. (5 points)

Total: 16 points + if I finish it within the time frames. (so potential for 19 points total)

message 35: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Speaking of the bonus points, do we count from the day the first week challenge starts (March 7), or from the day the movie was given to us? I'm assuming the first day of the challenge. That way it allows us enough time to find a book, right?

message 36: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I would assume that for the bonus points, it starts on the 7th

message 37: by Julia (new)

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 14 comments What should I do if I found a perfectly suits book, but it is not in goodreader's library?

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Is there an amazon link or something? I'm sure that's fine.

message 39: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Also I finished my book and reviewed it.

message 40: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments That was fast! Good job! Just leave a message on here with your points breakdown and a link to your Goodreads review. I have to copy it over to another thread at the end of the week. :)

message 41: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Name: David (5 points)
Setting: First published in 2000 (6 points)
Hidden words: blood, revenge, famous, leg and horse. (5 points)

Total: 16 points + 3 bonus = 19

message 42: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #1) by Stephanie Dray
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Genre: Historical Fiction +1
Setting: Italy +6
Hidden Words: Blood, Famous, Leg, and Horse +4

Time Bonus +3

message 43: by Julia (last edited Mar 07, 2016 08:56AM) (new)

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 14 comments Помпеи. Любовь восстанет из пепла by Наталья Павлищева

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Genre: Action & historical fiction
Cover: A man
Plot: Slavery
Setting: Italy
Hidden Words: blood, revenge, famous, leg and horse.

PS I got no idea how many points there are for each paragraph. Could anyone help me?

message 44: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments Yup, no worries! I'll add them up for you.

message 45: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments So I did my calculations wrong because I thought the bonus points were individually, but its if everyone on the team finishes them within the time period, so I only have 11 points.

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 14 comments Where do you got all this information from? I'm like an alien. :D

message 47: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I totally thought the same thing, Chelsea! Darn it. Haha

Here is the link with all the rules, Julia. :D https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 48: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 255 comments Oh boo I thought it was that as well.

message 49: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I just want to let you know that I'll be finishing my book today. I'm almost done :D. July, have you chosen a book yet?

message 50: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 32 comments Yeah, I also finished my book. I'll be adding the review at the end of the day :)

« previous 1 3