Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

MOVIE NIGHT: ARCHIVED > #7: Fabulous Fictionaries

Comments Showing 1-50 of 174 (174 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 03, 2016 08:00PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments description

Movie Night #7
Team 3

Team Leader: Ashlyn
Team Members:

description Leah
description Drishti
description Vicki
description Dolce

message 2: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Hi team! Checking in! :-)

message 3: by Drishti (last edited Mar 01, 2016 05:52PM) (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I'm not that good at team names. But, I have some suggestions: Reading divas, Fictionaries, Read-a-nistas and Genre Geniuses.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Howdy y'all!! Great ideas, Drishti!!

I'm just checking in but I'll try coming up with some names too when I have a little time.

message 5: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm really excited about this challenge! I'm really bad at names, but I can try to come up with some.

message 6: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Suggestions for Team Name: Bookworms, Hooked on Books, Reading Lovers

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2661 comments I'm checking in.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I find Fictionaries cute! Haha, I'm not very good at coming up with names...

message 9: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments All the members are checked in! Awesome! I think it's time to select a team name as well as team leader now!

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Does anyone want to be leader? We have to submit our movie choices tomorrow so we need a leader right away. I bow out & do not want to be leader.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Btw I also like fictionaries but I love alliteration so how about Fabulous Fictionaries or Fabulous Five Fictionaries or Fantastic Fictionaries etc.?

You guys get the idea but I'm in class & students are about done with journal writes so I need to go.

I love our group!!!

message 12: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "Does anyone want to be leader? We have to submit our movie choices tomorrow so we need a leader right away. I bow out & do not want to be leader."

Neither do I!

message 13: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "Btw I also like fictionaries but I love alliteration so how about Fabulous Fictionaries or Fabulous Five Fictionaries or Fantastic Fictionaries etc.?

You guys get the idea but I'm in class & stude..."

I'm not able to decide, actually. No idea which one to choose...... Man, I'm really bad at the final selections. So, let's see what the others say.

message 14: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments If no one else wants to be the leader, then I can be. But if someone else does then they should be.

I like the Fabulous Fictionaries.

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I like Fabulous Fictionaries too. It flows better to me.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have my non-book based movie so as soon as we have our leader, I'll PM her with the title. I am not very good at researching movies like that. LOL But I found one decent one, I think.

I vote for Ashlyn to be leader since she has volunteered to be. But if anyone else wants to be please speak up. We need to have our movie suggestions in to Gis tomorrow via our leader.

message 17: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "I like Fabulous Fictionaries too. It flows better to me."

Fabulous Fictionaries then! :-)

message 18: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "I have my non-book based movie so as soon as we have our leader, I'll PM her with the title. I am not very good at researching movies like that. LOL But I found one decent one, I think.

I vote fo..."

That reminds me that I haven't thought of a movie yet! Will do that ASAP! And, I nominate Ashley for team leader too! :-)

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, Ashlyn, that is 3/5 votes for you to be our leader. :o)

message 20: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Okay, Ashlyn, that is 3/5 votes for you to be our leader. :o)"

I think that was only 2/5.

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Your vote counts too. LOL

message 22: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Your vote counts too. LOL"

I didn't vote for myself though. :)

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I thought you basically wanted to be leader unless someone else wanted to also. I still vote for you. LOL

message 24: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Lol well I can be the leader if no one else says they want to in the next couple of hours.

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds good, Captain!! :)

message 26: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I guess I will be team leader, so please message me your movie choice tonight. I will let Gisbelle know tomorrow morning what they are.

message 27: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I still need to think of a movie. *sighs*

message 28: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments If you have not already done so, please message me your movie suggestion. I will be sending them in about two hours.

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I sent mine to you yesterday, so I assume you got it.

message 30: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Yes, I just haven't heard anything from Leah or Dolce.

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, maybe you could try PMing them if you haven't already. They both checked in so they do know to be checking this thread.

I think this is going to be a blast! I loved this challenge so much last time.

message 32: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Okay, maybe you could try PMing them if you haven't already. They both checked in so they do know to be checking this thread.

I think this is going to be a blast! I loved this challenge so much l..."

I sent a PM to Leah, but Dolce's profile is set to private, so I just sent a friend request.

I also love this challenge. I haven't played in awhile, but this is one of my favorites.

message 33: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments We haven't had this one in a while. But I love the team effort! It draws us closer, at least for me.

message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2661 comments I just sent my suggestion.

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Woo hoo! Cool, Leah! :)

message 36: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I will be sending Gisbelle the suggestions now.

message 37: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Ashlyn!

message 38: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "We haven't had this one in a while. But I love the team effort! It draws us closer, at least for me."

If you ask me that's the best part of team challenges! The bonding you develop with your teammates! :-)

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Exactly right, Drishti! And through challenges like this and even some buddy reads I have gotten really close to some of the members in this group.

message 40: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "Exactly right, Drishti! And through challenges like this and even some buddy reads I have gotten really close to some of the members in this group."

Oh, yes! Buddy reads too! They and team challenges are some of my favorite things on Goodreads!

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I agree! We have some really good people in this group!! I'm so glad I found it!!

message 42: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Me too!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Gah, sorry I wasn't around for the voting. :( I just finished studying for an exam which didn't turn out to be all that bad after all... still, I slept for 10 hours straight when I got home! Hahaha!

Anyway, pleased to meet you guys too, ehe.

message 44: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Dolce wrote: "Gah, sorry I wasn't around for the voting. :( I just finished studying for an exam which didn't turn out to be all that bad after all... still, I slept for 10 hours straight when I got home! Hahaha..."

I can empathize there. My exams start on Tuesday, so studying is driving me crazy too!

message 45: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Hey, guys! The movie has been posted!

WEEK 1

Weekly Requirements

Genre: Action or historical fiction
Cover: A man or a weapon
Plot: Slavery
Title: Gladiator
Name: Ridley, David, Russell, Joaquin, & Connie
Setting: Italy or Published 2000

Hidden Words: blood, revenge, famous, leg and horse.

message 46: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Thanks for posting the requirements. I will look when I get home later tonight.

message 47: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I think this one would work well. I will calculate the points when I get home. The Gladiator by Carla Capshaw

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments In this challenge I can't remember if we all read the same book or not.

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "In this challenge I can't remember if we all read the same book or not."

No. It's Blind Date challenge that partners need to read the same book.

message 50: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, thank you, Gis. :o)

« previous 1 3 4