Play Book Tag discussion

February 2016: World War II > The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hahtoolah (last edited Mar 02, 2016 03:35PM) (new)

Hahtoolah | 404 comments The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah (2015) 5 Stars

The Nightingale is the story of two French sisters who, each in her own way, survive the Nazi occupation of France during World War II.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4849 comments Good review! What is your star rating?

message 3: by Cora (new)

Cora (corareading) | 1283 comments Glad you finally were able to post.

message 4: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2706 comments I'm glad you were able to post, Hahtoolah. And this is a great review. But you might want to mark your review for spoilers. I doubt that anyone could be surprised at what happens to Jewish character or the likelihood of an SS officer committing an atrocity ..... but maybe they might not want to know before reading.

message 5: by Anita (last edited Mar 02, 2016 03:30AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6249 comments Jgrace wrote: "I'm glad you were able to post, Hahtoolah. And this is a great review. But you might want to mark your review for spoilers. I doubt that anyone could be surprised at what happens to Jewish characte..."

So glad you can post now!! And that you loved the book! I just finished it too and also enjoyed it.

Yes, did you know you can use html code to hide spoilers here? I do think you have a couple that may need this treatment.

To do it, place <*spoiler> at the beginning of the text you want to hide and <*/spoiler> at the end of the text you want to hide. You need to leave out the asterisks when you actually do it.

It will look like this:

(view spoiler).

That way those of us who have read the book already (me, me) can enjoy everything you have written, while those who have not can still be surprised!!!

message 6: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2706 comments I'm going to bookmark those instructions, Anita. It's a nice feature at GR.
But I have to admit that it's much more fun to type a long line of

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> or
................................................................................................................... or

a big SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Than it is to type in the code.

message 7: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Jgrace wrote: "I'm going to bookmark those instructions, Anita. It's a nice feature at GR.
But I have to admit that it's much more fun to type a long line of

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..."

Lol, Jgrace! At least the code is easy to remember.