Mathematics Students discussion

Is this group still active?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saman (new)

Saman (samanhabibi) | 3 comments It's so thick I can't start !

message 2: by Diner (new)

Diner Ismail (dinerismail) | 2 comments I'm halfway through, it's a fantastic book :) The MIT course is really good, it helps in checking that you haven't misunderstood some of the concepts

message 3: by Diner (new)

Diner Ismail (dinerismail) | 2 comments The book is about AI, even though it doesn't refer to it directly most of the time. But it comes from a symbolist perspective that was popular in the 80s - compared to connectionists or bayesians who have the most success these days (but maybe a combination between the approaches would yield better results?).
So, I wouldn't call it the "AI Bible", but it can definitely be part of an "AI Bible Suite" along with other important books :)

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Ramseyer | 25 comments There's a class? Great. :)

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Ramseyer | 25 comments I've started the book a few times, about to do so again. I get off track very easily. < not sure I understand this well enough, let me check some other resources - and I never/rarely get back! A class will help keep me on track.

message 6: by Kevin (last edited Jun 10, 2016 05:44PM) (new)

Kevin (kweatherwalks) | 5 comments I started reading this about a week ago. After finishing a couple of undergrad courses on abstract and linear algebra this past year, the time is right for me to dive in.

I just finished chapter two and the Sonata for Unaccompanied Achilles. Sad to say that it took me a while to get the riddle. But I really enjoyed the pq-System and discussion on isomorphisms.