YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > The Book Thieves March

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1543 comments Mod
Introduction:
Hello Team members, I'm the Team mod Joycedale, for this challenge you will be reading from the 2 series and 3 bonus books, one of which is chosen by your mod captain, below are the books and a set Genre each month, the point system below will explain to you how to earn points and how many you get for each complete book. You also earn points for writing reviews, doing buddy reads and commenting on the discussion threads for the series and Book of the month books below.
Good luck and if you have more questions feel free to ask your Mod Captain.

Team Members-
Capt: Joycedale
Vanessa
Amanda

Point system:

1. Series points:
Novellas: 1 point each
Books are based on the amount of pages:
100-200 = 3 points
201-300 = 5 points
301-400 = 7 points
401-500 = 9 points
501-600 = 11 points
and so on.

Finish a complete series is = 10 points
but if you have already read part of the series before starting the challenge it is worth 8 points

Reviews - 2 points for each review written for the series books

Discussion Thread - 1 Point for discussing the series books in the thread

Buddy Reads - 4 points for BR in this group, 2 points for BR in any other group.

2. Bonus books:
are worth 10 points each

Reviews - 2 points for a review for each book

Discussion Thread - 1 Point for discussing each book in the discussion thread

Buddy Reads - 4 points for BR in this group, 2 points for BR in any other group.

3. Genre Books:

Books you read in the Genre catagory are based on page number.
100-200 = 2 points
201-300 = 4 points
301-400 = 6 points
401-500 = 8 points
501-600 = 10 points
and so on.

4. Graphic Novels/Manga (Reminder: they must fit the month genre to count, can NOT be just any GN/Manga)
100-200 = 1 points
201-300 = 2 points
301-400 = 3 points
401-500 = 4 points
501-600 = 5 points
and so on.

Finish a complete series in genre category is = 6 points but if you have already read part of the series before starting the challenge it is worth 4 points

Reviews - 2 points for each review written for the genre books

Series:
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire Something Beautiful (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuire
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson

Bonus books:
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare
Lightning Kissed (Lucent #1) by Lila Felix

Genre:
Dystopian

message 2: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (last edited Apr 01, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

TEAM PTS 168

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Mar 26, 2016 06:25PM) (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments My Points: 57

Bonus Books
Lightning Kissed (Lucent #1) by Lila Felix 10 points
BR: 4 points

Series Books
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire 319 pages: 7 points

Genre Books
Dystopia
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass 339 pages: 6 points
Undertow (Undertow, #1) by Michael Buckley 384 pages: 6 points
Raging Sea (Undertow, #2) by Michael Buckley 384 pages: 6 points
Series Finish (for now): 6 points
Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff 337 pages: 6 points
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan 320 pages: 6 points

message 4: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (last edited Mar 24, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

My pts 63

Series
Something Beautiful (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuire 3pts
Review 2pts
Finished the series 8pts

Bonus
Lightning Kissed (Lucent #1) by Lila Felix 10 pts
Buddy read 4pts

Genre
Vengeance (Twenty-Five Percent Book 3) by Nerys Wheatley 6pts
Review 2pts
Finished the series 4pts
Red Hill (Red Hill, #1) by Jamie McGuire 6pts
The Scattered and the Dead (Book 0.5) by Tim McBain 2pts
Review 2pts
Countdown by Michelle Rowen 6pts
Review 2pts
The End Games by T. Michael Martin 6pts

message 5: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Mar 31, 2016 07:39PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) My Points: 48

Bonus Books

Series Books

Genre Books
Dystopia
Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone #1) by Annette Marie
Chase the Dark - 6 points (302 pages)
Review - 2 points
Buddy Read - 2 points

Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone #2) by Annette Marie
Bind the Soul - 6 points (304 pages)
Review - 2 points

Yield the Night (Steel & Stone #3) by Annette Marie
Yield the Night - 4 points (278 pages)
Review - 2 points

Reap the Shadows (Steel & Stone #4) by Annette Marie
Reap the Shadows - 6 points (304 pages)
Review - 2 points

Unleash the Storm (Steel & Stone, #5) by Annette Marie
Unleash the Storm - 8 points (432 pages)
Review - 2 points
Finished series - 6 points

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Joycedale, thank you for picking a bonus book that I could actually find! I'm never able to find the extra book, but this one's free on Amazon. Yay!

message 7: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

Figures it free, I paid for it on release day lol.
I'm glad it's free though, that way I know y'all can read it too.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Haha, of course. I'll be getting a few other books out of the way today (hopefully), but if you wanted to BR that, or anything, let me know!

message 9: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

I can! Just let me know when ya want to start

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments I can start today or tomorrow, I think! Going to take a nap right now, but since I finished the book I was working on, I'm free to start whenever.

message 11: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

I can start tomorrow. Want me to make the thread?

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Yes, that would be great!

message 13: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) Sorry for being MIA all week. I fell down a flight of stairs last Sunday and hurt my leg. I only got to one book while I was feeling crappy, and unfortunately it wasn't a dystopian book. I have some blog tours this month that I am doing, so I will probably be reading the bonus books later in the month. I hope to be able to get the the series books as well since they've been on my TBR list for a while now. =P

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Oh no, Vanessa! I hope you're okay. Take time to heal and all that, and get back to reading when you can. :)

message 15: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) Thanks, Amanda. I am starting to feel a little better. I am just thankful that I don't need surgery.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments That's good news!

Ugh, surgery. My husband has been off of work for an arm injury, and after many appointments they finally decided he needed surgery for an elbow replacement. Joy. Not looking forward to that. He goes in for his next appointment later this week. So I haven't had as much time to read as I normally would, either, since I've been dealing with that and spending more time with him. :)

message 17: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) Oh, that sucks. I initially fell in December when it snowed and hurt my knee. I went back and forth with doctors for two months and then I went back to work February 22 and worked for a week. Then my knee that I had injured in December gave out and that is when I fell down the stairs. It just made things worse. I can't believe that the doctor still doesn't think that I need surgery. It's been a nightmare so I hope that your husband gets his done and over with and that he starts to feel better.

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

Wow i just saw there was new comments. I'm sorry you ladies are going through so much. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.
It also makes me feel less guilty about not having got much read lol. I've just been worn out lately so when I'm not working or dealing with family I haven't been reading either

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Thank you! Going to talk to the Surgeon and hopefully set up the surgery this Thursday. So moving right along! Just hope they don't schedule it months from now. Not that he wants the surgery, but it's gotta be done. :(

Of course none of the books I've been reading fit the genre. Going to see if I can read some more things to fit soon. :)

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) I've been a little worn out too. After I hurt my leg, I immediately got a respiratory infection that has lasted over a week. The luck of the Irish is not with me this year. =P I have read some things, but they haven't been dystopian unfortunately. =/ I plan on reading a couple of the bonus books at the end of the month though.

message 21: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

I read Countdown because I swear I needed it for another challenge. Have no idea now what it was but it works for this one lol

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (zmobie) | 251 comments Haha, of course. I know I'll get a couple of dystopians read this weekend.

We can count it as a full series if only two of three books is published, right?

message 23: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

Right

message 24: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) Finishing up the Steel & Stone series this week for the dystopian category. I am loving this series so much!

message 25: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

The Book Brigade - 12pts
The Book Thieves - 168pts
The Book Owls - 0pts