Baby You're So Classic discussion

23 views
Pride and Prejudice > P&P, Getting Excited !

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Hi guys! I'm so glad P&P is our first book (March/April). It's my favorite classic and I can't wait to see some of your reactions when you pick it up for the first time. I am also so happy to reread it. I'll be posting more discussion topics soon, but for now I just want everyone to get excited about reading this great novel.

Share your thoughts! Are you excited to read this book? Why? What themes do you hope the book has? What do you know about the book? Do you know anyone who has read it and what was their reaction? Have you seen the movie? Let's start a discussion to get us all ready to start reading!


message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I can't wait to read this book! I must order my copy now straight away :) I love the new vintage classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I've heard a lot of people really enjoyed this book, but I know practically nothing about it. I know nothing about any classic really. I haven't even read the blurb or anything for this book yet either so I'm just going to go into it as a surprise :)


message 3: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) This book was assigned reading in school two years ago. My experience with assigned reading had been really bad in the past, so I was a little apprehensive. But, I loved this book! Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy became one of my favorite couples of all time! And, I've re-read it two times since! I've also seen the movie BTW! Loved it too!


message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8 comments Mod
All I know is Mr. Darcy lol


message 5: by Josefa (new)

Josefa Ruz⁷ (josefaruzginouves) I've never read Pride and Prejudice or seen the movie but I'm very excited! I'm only familiar with Mr. Darcy. I've always wanted to read Jane Austen so this is perfect ;-)


message 6: by Breanna (new)

Breanna (breanna-reads-berks) | 6 comments Mod
I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Knightly). I watched it when I was younger but wasn't too pleased with it. I know most classic book readers are in loooove with Mr. Darcy, but in the movie he just seems to be uptight and will ruin other peoples happiness to have his own. I reallllly hope he's more loveable in the book. Just ordered my copy Sunday, ready to read along with everyone!


message 7: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Breanna wrote: "I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Knightly). I watched it when I was younger but wasn't too pleased w..."

I will let your opinion about Mr. Darcy form itself. But, it's really hard to be quiet and not tell you already. If I do that, I'll give away a lot of spoilers. So, I'm just gonna stop right here and shut my mouth!


message 8: by Breanna (new)

Breanna (breanna-reads-berks) | 6 comments Mod
Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Knightly). I watched it when I was younger but wasn..."

I see the appeal of him, he's brooding, handsome and mysterious. If he were a vampire in a YA novel, he'd have even more admirers swooning at his feet. I'm interested in if I'll fall in love with the book version of him VS his movie character. :)


message 9: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Breanna wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Knightly). I watched it when I was ..."

Well, actually, the handsome and mysterious aspects of him never influenced my opinion of him. Brooding, yes. But, I think, it was more of what he was like as a person after love changed him. I don't think I should write another word because you're gonna hate me for the spoilers I'm gonna give away.


message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "I can't wait to read this book! I must order my copy now straight away :) I love the new vintage classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I've heard a lot of people really enjoyed this ..."

That copy is so pretty. I've had my eye on those classic editions. They have all her books with similar covers I think!


message 11: by sarah (new)

sarah  (bookie_wookiee) I'm so excited that Pride & Prejudice is the first pick. Coincidentally I am re-watching the 90s miniseries (with Colin Firth) at the moment. This will be my third time reading this book and I'm considering listening to the Audiobook narrated by Rosamund Pike.

Want a cool cover? Have you seen the Pulp Classics?

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Elena wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I can't wait to read this book! I must order my copy now straight away :) I love the new vintage classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I've heard a lot of people really..."


Ya they do! They look so pretty :)


message 13: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Elena wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I can't wait to read this book! I must order my copy now straight away :) I love the new vintage classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I've heard a lot of..."


My copy is a splinter classic lines one but I've seen so many beautiful ones. I want to start a collection one day because my goodness so pretty! Here's my copy:
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice...


message 14: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "I'm so excited that Pride & Prejudice is the first pick. Coincidentally I am re-watching the 90s miniseries (with Colin Firth) at the moment. This will be my third time reading this book and I'm co..."

omg that is hilarious XD


message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Elena wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Elena wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I can't wait to read this book! I must order my copy now straight away :) I love the new vintage classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I've ..."


Your copy is really pretty too!! I think they just release all these pretty ones so we'll be compelled to buy them all :p


message 16: by Breanna (new)

Breanna (breanna-reads-berks) | 6 comments Mod
Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Knightly). I watche..."

Okay, last night I finished the movie and Mr. Darcy grew on me....

now I'm excited to read! Haha. Will be interesting to compare the book vs the movie.


message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8 comments Mod
I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen and I really want the vintage classics version!


message 18: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Heather wrote: "I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austenand I really want the vintage classics version!"

Me too! I want that the vintage classic version NOW! *runs to Amazon*

BTW yours is pretty cool too! =)


message 19: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Breanna wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Breanna wrote: "I've never read Pride and Prejudice but I did start watching the movie last night (my second time watching it, the one with Keira Kni..."

Told you so. That's, according to me, the best part of Austen's books- the way an unlikable character develops that the reader gradually starts loving him!


message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8 comments Mod
Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austenand I really want the vintage classics version!"

Me too! I want that the vintage classic version NOW! *runs to Am..."


It's boring to me though lol


message 21: by Drishti (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Heather wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austenand I really want the vintage classics version!"

Me too! I want that the vintage classic version ..."


Just read the synopsis of your edition. Now THAT'S what is boring! Lol!


message 22: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) I can't wait to read this! It will be my first Jane Austen book, and I was convinced to vote for this book by my English teacher. Can't wait to read:)


message 23: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austenand I really want the vintage classics version!"

Me too! I want that the vintage ..."


It makes it sound like the type of romance book that comes out today lol


message 24: by Drishti (last edited Mar 04, 2016 05:15PM) (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Sean wrote: "I can't wait to read this! It will be my first Jane Austen book, and I was convinced to vote for this book by my English teacher. Can't wait to read:)"

That's a great English teacher you have there! :-)


message 25: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) Elena wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "Drishti wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have this cover of the book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austenand I really want the vintage classics version!"

Me too! I want t..."


Exactly! Lol!


message 26: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Drishti wrote: "Sean wrote: "I can't wait to read this! It will be my first Jane Austen book, and I was convinced to vote for this book by my English teacher. Can't wait to read:)"

That's a great English teacher ..."


Lol. She is pretty awesome.


back to top