Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Winner Chosen - Group Read for April 2016

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to read in April 2016?

Two nominations to a person, please.

Can't remember what we've already read? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group reads" shelf in the group's bookshelf (link to it is on the right side of the page).

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 15 comments The Temptation of Elizabeth Tudor Elizabeth I, Thomas Seymour, and the Making of a Virgin Queen by Elizabeth Norton
"The Temptation of Elizabeth Tudor" is a fact based historical anthology of the early relationship between Thomas Seymour and Elizabeth Tudor, following the death of King Henry VIII. It is written by Elizabeth Norton, a British historian who specializes in the Queens of England and the Tudor period. Her writing, while non fiction, reads like a novel and is quite engrossing. I read this book a few weeks ago and gave it a (rare for me) 5 stars. I HIGHLY recommend this book!

message 3: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (eab2012) Dark Fire Dark Fire (Matthew Shardlake, #2) by C.J. Sansom

or

Mary Queen of Scotland and The Isles by Margaret George Mary Queen of Scotland and The Isles (I'm hoping this counts since Elizabeth and Mary had such an interesting relationship. I have had it on my shelf forever it seems.)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments Those both look great, Gretchen - Mary Queen of Scots is fair game.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine | 34 comments Elizabeth wrote: "The Temptation of Elizabeth Tudor Elizabeth I, Thomas Seymour, and the Making of a Virgin Queen by Elizabeth Norton
"The Temptation of Elizabeth Tudor" is a fact based historical anthology of the..."

Wow that book sounds great!

message 8: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 19 comments I would like to nominate Anne of Cleves by D. Lawrence-Young

message 9: by Anna M. (new)

Anna M. (mee-kuh) I would like to nominate:
The Other Boleyn Girl

I just absolutely love it despite it being very romanticised and not too historically accurate.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments I think I'll nominate The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir, and I, Elizabeth, by Rosalind Miles.

And that looks like a good number of nominations, so I think I'll close that and open a poll.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments The poll is open here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

And it's also on the front page of the group, near the bottom of the page.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments And the winner: Dark Fire, by C.J. Sansom. We'll be discussing it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .

message 13: by Janina (new)

Janina Good choice, I read this some time ago along with the rest of the Shardlake series , have a good read everyone your in for a treat .

message 14: by Mahair (new)

Mahair Atif "The Nine Day Queen"

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1948 comments We've already chosen a book for April, Mahair, but please remember to nominate it for May.