Raven Cycle Read Along discussion

The Raven Boys-Spoilers > Spoil away!!!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ellis (michellislife) | 66 comments Mod
I can't wait to see what you re-readers find. I bet we missed a ton of stuff on the first read through.

message 2: by Jody (new)

Jody (that_one_girl_who_reads) Chapter 4, after meeting Declan's girlfriend, Noah informs her that his hands are cold because he's been dead for 7 years... I must have read this as joke the first time because I don't remember it at all. Anyone else not notice this until re-reading it?

message 3: by carol (new)

carol (ravenwanderer) Jody wrote: "Chapter 4, after meeting Declan's girlfriend, Noah informs her that his hands are cold because he's been dead for 7 years... I must have read this as joke the first time because I don't remember it..."

Me! Well, I noticed it the first time I re-read, a while ago, but it make me giggle.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

I like how as readers we just dismiss it the first time around. I can't wait to see what else we are going to catch.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Damn... Knowing who killed Niall Lynch and hearing about his murder is rough. Its weird knowing that I love Ronan's father's murderer. I look forward to seeing him in book three.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Damn... Knowing who killed Niall Lynch and hearing about his murder is rough. Its weird knowing that I love Ronan's father's murderer. I look forward to seeing him in book three.

message 7: by Margrethe (new)

Margrethe (meggiijo) | 2 comments I just finished chapter 7. It's so fun reading this again, and there's so many things I've forgotten! Can't wait to read more :D

message 8: by Green.T. (new)

Green.T. Love this description of the raven boys:

They filled the hallway to overflowing, somehow, the three of them, loud and male and so comfortable with one another that they allowed no one else to be comfortable with them. They were a pack of sleek animals armored with their watches and their Top-Siders and the expensive cut of their uniforms.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Green.T. wrote: "Love this description of the raven boys:

They filled the hallway to overflowing, somehow, the three of them, loud and male and so comfortable with one another that they allowed no one else to be ..."

steifvater's descriptions are amazing. They are so vivid and hilarious.

message 10: by Jody (new)

Jody (that_one_girl_who_reads) She is amazing at describing things poetically but not overboard, I love it!

message 11: by Green.T. (new)

Green.T. Jody wrote: "She is amazing at describing things poetically but not overboard, I love it!"

She is!

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (Bookishlove85) (mandy_mcdonald) | 6 comments Jody wrote: "Chapter 4, after meeting Declan's girlfriend, Noah informs her that his hands are cold because he's been dead for 7 years... I must have read this as joke the first time because I don't remember it..."

I wondered if this was a preview of something to come but brushed it off. Clever, clever!

message 13: by Petrucha (new)

Petrucha (petrafreedom) | 12 comments Haha, I remember that Noah moment! I noticed it the first time I read it and I´m a naturally paranoid person, so I stopped there and was like "he´s dead! and nobody´s shocked or saying anything about it!" and then when they do, my friends were texting me "noah´s dead! can you believe that?" and I was like "well, yeah, he said it in the beginning.." friends: "what? where?" :D

I find that every time I read the Raven cycle again, the words make more sense. It feels like every single word has its purpose and everything comes together as an amazing picture.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Maggie is amazing at putting the picture in front of you and letting you work through your own thought process to figure it out. She's amazing.