St. Nacho's (St. Nacho's, #1)
This topic is about St. Nacho's
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Zuzana, ~Melissa~ & Ezinwanyi - St. Nacho's

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 3 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5573 comments Mod
Zuzana, ~Melissa~ & Ezinwanyi - St. Nacho's

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Hey guys - not sure when we want to fit this one in. Let me know your thoughts.

Ezi - I may stalk your Hostile Ground by Aleksandr Voinov thread to see if it's good :)

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16215 comments Mod
~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey guys - not sure when we want to fit this one in. Let me know your thoughts.

Ezi - I may stalk your Hostile Ground by Aleksandr Voinov thread to see if it's good :)"

Please do :D (view spoiler)

message 4: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey guys - not sure when we want to fit this one in. Let me know your thoughts."

Anytime in the second half of the month is fine with me. :)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Can we push this to June? I know I won't get to it in the next few days :)

I'm hoping June is better for reading than May was.

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Can we push this to June? I know I won't get to it in the next few days :)

I'm hoping June is better for reading than May was."

May was rough for me. i agree!

message 7: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Can we push this to June? I know I won't get to it in the next few days :)

I'm hoping June is better for reading than May was."

Oh thank you, it would be perfect. I had so many books planned for May and this one just didn't fit in with the rest.

message 8: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Any plans for Cross & Crown (Sidewinder, #2) by Abigail Roux ? It's coming out in June. ;)

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zuzana wrote: "Any plans for Cross & Crown (Sidewinder, #2) by Abigail Roux? It's coming out in June. ;)"

Yep, there will be a thread for us

message 10: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Great. I pre-ordered the book from Riptide. I hope they'll release it before the official publication date like they usually do. I got Ball&Chain a week earlier. That was nice.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I finally started this yesterday. I'm not that far in but I'm already confused? Maybe it explains back story later in the book??

@Ezi - you've already read this one, yes?? (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I'm at chapter 11. I've enjoyed the book until this point for the most part. Kind of confused in the beginning about Cooper. Have since learned some of the back story. We've met Shawn and the town of Santo Ignatio. Shawn and cooper together are really sweet.
Now here's what's happened (view spoiler)

message 13: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Melissa, I haven't started yet but I have a question which state the story is set in? GR only says United States. And Google insists that Santo Ignatio is in Belize. ;-)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Yeah no sorry - small (coastal?) town in California I think. Definitely not Belize,lol.

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

@Melissa, yes you will get the entire back story in the 2nd half of this book. I'm in a reading funk too

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments @Ezi different question/comment (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Did you finish The Price of Dick by Dan Skinner ? I'll try to get to that this week as well as the second Animal Attraction book

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Did you finish The Price of Dick by Dan Skinner? I'll try to get to that this week as well as the second Animal Attraction book"

Nope. I'll get to it sometime next week, I had to finish Bingo books

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I'm re-reading Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7) by Abigail Roux for SS :)

message 20: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

We won and I'm still recovering from pulling an all nighter. I have read books that didn't wow me so I need something for me. I'm leaning towards IAD #10

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I still need to get to IAD #9 - I have it on audio

Nice job winning SSS!!

message 22: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "I still need to get to IAD #9 - I have it on audio

Nice job winning SSS!!"

Thanks

message 23: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Congrats, Ezi! Great job!

message 24: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Yeah no sorry - small (coastal?) town in California I think. Definitely not Belize,lol."

LOL! So California? Less exotic but still nice.

message 25: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I'm re-reading Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7) by Abigail Roux for SS :)"

I liked that one. I remember I wanted to kick Ty and/or Zane for their behavior but overall it was a good book.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Yep - it's a re-read for me. :) I don't have a different 7 or 9 to read for SS. So I picked a series I like

message 27: by Zuzana (last edited Jun 27, 2014 01:27PM) (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Finally started. After two chapters: I wonder what's up with Cooper. Dark past alert! ;)

Just something I noticed. Shawn is very tactile and I mean very. I get that part of it is being deaf but I still think it's potentially dangerous to do it with strangers. I know a few guys who would totally freak out and react hostilely with him being so in the face.

message 28: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zuzana wrote: "Finally started. After two chapters: I wonder what's up with Cooper. Dark past alert! ;)

Just something I noticed. Shawn is very tactile and I mean very. I get that part of it is being deaf but I..."

OMG, I forgot about this one. thanks Z for reminding me

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I haven't picked it up again - need to get back to it - still worried about what will happen next..... And I need to finish the last Andrea Speed book by Monday :) - I better get reading...

message 30: by Zuzana (last edited Jun 27, 2014 02:06PM) (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments You're welcome, Ezi. :D

@ Melissa: And here I was thinking that you've finished this one weeks ago. (I skipped your spoilers as I'm not very far into the book yet)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Z my very first spoiler to Ezi was when I was at chap 5.
I just finished this one tonight. I found Stan to be a totally self absorbed pain in the ass. Loved cooper's sister. Jordan needs to deal with his issues instead of changing the facts to suit himself. I was much better once Shawn was back in the book.

message 32: by Zuzana (last edited Aug 14, 2014 04:11AM) (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Oh, I plan to crack this one by Sunday. Yes, I still haven't finished my May's and June's buddy reads. I am very ashamed of myself but lately I wasn't in the mood for romance books of any kind.

I was recommended Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1) by Delilah Marvelle and it was awful. This week I tried Forever Hold His Peace (The Crofton Chronicles #3) by Rebecca Cohen and it was the weakest of the series.

Romance books are very often hit or miss. And lately I wasn't very lucky.

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm actually on chapter 2 of Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2) by Z.A. Maxfield , the sequel and I still like this series

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 14, 2014 05:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've read a few that I liked: The River Leith by Leta Blake by Leta Blake and Slide (Roads, #1) by Garrett Leigh by Garrett Leigh

message 35: by Zuzana (last edited Aug 14, 2014 06:02AM) (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "I've read a few that I liked: The River Leith by Leta Blake and Slide by Garrett Leigh"

You were lucky, Ezi. I am actually looking forward to the second part of the Dirty Kiss series. I hope it's at least as good as the first part if not better. BUT first I need to finish several books I started. St. Nacho's being one of them and of course Cross & Crown.

I added The River Leith by Leta Blake to my TBR pile. The story sounds interesting and I liked your review. :)

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zuzana wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "I've read a few that I liked: The River Leith by Leta Blake and Slide by Garrett Leigh"

You w..."

I finished Cole's book 2 and it was better than Book 1. Cross & Crown....I can't talk about it. It hurts.

My TBR m-m books for August:
Take (Temptation, #2) by Ella Frank Rare (Roads, #2) by Garrett Leigh Bliss by Lisa Henry

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I keep getting recommended Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1) by Charlie Cochet by Charlie Cochet

message 38: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Cross & Crown....I can't talk about it. It hurts."

Now I'm scared.

message 39: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zuzana wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Cross & Crown....I can't talk about it. It hurts."

Now I'm scared."

You would like it more than I did because it was low romance. But then again, that mystery was so damn cheesy, you will roll your eyes at it.

message 40: by Zuzana (last edited Aug 14, 2014 12:27PM) (new)

Zuzana | 1059 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "You would like it more than I did because it was low romance. But then again, that mystery was so damn cheesy, you will roll your eyes at it. "

This just doesn't bode well. I find all of Abi Roux's mysteries/thrillers cheesy even those the majority of readers finds o.k. :(

I don't mind books heavy on romance I just don't like when the romance or angst are unrealistic to the point of being ridiculous. Which to be honest is the case in most of the current production of romance novels. What I really hate are too-stupid-to-live and/or whiny pathetic heroes/heroines (*cough* Sam from Special Delivery *cough*). Fortunately Abi doesn't write those. I like almost all of her characters with the exception of Cam from Warrior's Cross who's borderline for me (cutesy pie with no backbone and not exactly bright), I deal by ignoring him. ;-)

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

You won't have that kind of cheese in C&C.
I read Double Blind and disliked it. I don't like those kinds of kinks. It was weird and gross actually. It was way too much in book 2