The Challenge Factory discussion

A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
This topic is about A Lot like Love
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elishia & ~Melissa~ - A Lot like Love & About That Night

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5265 comments Mod
Elishia & ~Melissa~ - A Lot like Love & About That Night

Elishia Hey Melissa do you still want to start this tomorrow? I have a different book for SS but i'll still read this.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I am planning on starting this tomorrow.

Not sure how much I will be able to 'talk' as I have a camping trip with my daughter and her GS group this weekend. I will definitely get on and let you know where I'm at when I get home Sunday. So no worries if you want to wait til next week as I may end up doing a 'whole' book spoiler type of update.

I've never been to the camp we are going to so unsure if we'll have wifi or not - I'm thinking not but you never know. I'm hoping for some just me downtime. I know I'm probably crazy :)

Elishia Lol no problem i'll check in with spoilers if I start before you comment.

Have fun camping always looks fun to me on TV especially in America ( I just want to try Smores really)but I don't want to sleep outside ☺

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'm lucky - her Girl Scout troop leader won't tent out!! So we always do cabin camping. That I can handle - don't ask me to pitch a tent. I'd rather just sleep in the back of our SUV at that point. Which hubby did for one camp out (read tent) where it down-poured :)

Elishia Haha i'd do the same thing. Anyway have fun.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Thanks! I'm sure I'll be bleary eyed by Sunday but it should be fun :)

Elishia I'm about half way i'm liking it. I can't remember hardly anything from the last book except the beginning so glad its not essential although it would be nice to remember the case as its linked to this one.
I find Nick and Jordans conversations so funny.

Oh and LOL at her brother I was expecting some really big crime but his was funny.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I confess - I got sidetracked by the Men of Honor series by S E Jakes and (view spoiler) I did get to some of this book. I'm at the part where Huxley is sick and can't make their "date" and Nick has to step in. Ok so far Nick is coming off as an ass. He's assuming to know this girl. I kind of feel bad for Jordan but not too bad as she seems to be able to hold her own. So far they've been kind of funny together. I have to agree - it's a good thing we don't have to remember that much about the first book. I was thinking maybe Jordan was some how related to the bad guy from #1 - thank goodness not. Yeah - what her brother did - kind of hilarious. I'll try to read more tonight and let you know where I'm at. I have to go shower and grocery shop. I survived our camping trip. Can I just tell you how much I dislike - some not all - middle school girls. Man they are a pain. I didn't like them when I was their age and I really don't like them now,lol. Some are so self absorbed it's sad. Our troop leader made them give up their phones to her Fri night *gasp* . (one of the girls) Mrs O'Brien - I'm going to have to 'block' everyone from leaving me messages. (Mrs)No - just turn your phone off. (girl)No really I have too. (Mrs) Yeah - no just turn it off and hand it over. (girl) *grumbles* I'm going to have like 500 messages waiting for me. (Me thinking) OMG really??!? This is why I could never be a troop leader. She was telling me > you have no idea how many times they have asked me for their phones back. I never want to relive my teen years. Unless I can go back knowing what I know now!

Elishia No worries i'm reading something else at the same time so keep switching between them but don't think i'm reading anymore tonight.

I have no idea what age group middle grade is ( we don't call it that here) but I would assume that their parents would tell them they had to have there phones of anyway and really 500 messages i wouldn't even expect that now so who on earth is texting her like that.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments it is grades 6-8th approx 12-14 yr olds.(tweens) I couldn't tell exactly what she would get all those messages from but it sounds like maybe she is part of an online community - maybe snapchat etc? no clue as my kids are just on instagram and that is only my son. Troop leader had told all the girls several different times prior to outing that phones would be handed in. Wouldn't you let all friends know that you're not available for the weekend??

Elishia i've finished I enjoyed it.
When you're reading this you don't need to use spoilers and i'll come and comment back.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I finished this one up. Nick sure had a lot of assumptions before ever meeting Jordan. They were funny together. You just knew something was going to happen to Huxley,lol. I so enjoy the writers getting to know the character stage of the book before anything really happens. It's kind of like a slow burn. Xander - what a 'douchebag' lol. Wonder if their will be a female FBI agent for Kyle - cracked me up how all the girls go gaga for him and it just grosses out Jordan. Loved the 'he shoved skittles up his nose and blew them out as target practice' sibling love at its finest.

Elishia I know i'm glad she held her own though.
I think thats what I enjoy that they're not instantly attracted to each other.
Xander really acted like he was doing her a favour by liking her even though he just wanted her inheritance.

I thought its got to be Kyle's story next because he was the only one introduced but I don't remember meeting any women, I guess they'll need his help with computers or something ( his is next btw I saw it at the end of the book).

Lol she said the skittle story so seriously as well, I actually thought that receptionist was really unprofessional especially when someones waiting to here if a relative is ok.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Elishia wrote: "I know i'm glad she held her own though.
I think thats what I enjoy that they're not instantly attracted to each other.
Xander really acted like he was doing her a favour by liking her even though he just wanted her inheritance.
I'm surprised he thought any one was good enough for him - gag me. Everyone is just so beneath him - ha - look where you are now :)

I thought its got to be Kyle's story next because he was the only one introduced but I don't remember meeting any women, I guess they'll need his help with computers or something ( his is next btw I saw it at the end of the book). yeah - I didn't read the next blurb yet. I thought maybe it was going to be Wilkins story but I guess not. I'm good if it's Kyle's story next.

Lol she said the skittle story so seriously as well, I actually thought that receptionist was really unprofessional especially when someones waiting to here if a relative is ok." yes that was totally unprofessional of the receptionist.

Did you find it funny that Nick couldn't handle it when the girl he likes doesn't jump at him, profess undying love and kind of treats him the way he's treated other women?? Maybe it was just me but your own medicine is always bitter going down.

I'm thinking I might do #3 next week with SS as we should be in the 30's - unless something gets called from MM Bingo that will work for both. I'll keep you posted.

Elishia Haha exactly. When he was saying you've ruined my life I thought really and you had nothing to do with it.

I read the blurb after briefly.I actually don't remember Wilkins formt he first book, i'm looking forward to Huxleys book though I think his will be funny.

Yes that made me laugh he finally got to feel how some of those women felt.

I dropped out of SS and don;t have any other weekly challenges so just let me know when you're ready.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Will do - hope all is good and you're just too busy for SS

Huxley's will be funny - although it may be funnier if both Wilkins and Huxley find their happy ever after in the same book since they kind of play off each other so well :)

Elishia Oh no i'm fine.

Well I actually wondered if they were gay at first but thats probably wishful thinking, now that would make a good book ☺

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Elishia wrote: "Oh no i'm fine.

Well I actually wondered if they were gay at first but thats probably wishful thinking, now that would make a good book ☺"

lmao - yeah I don't see this author writing that :D

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Elisha - I started About That Night (FBI / US Attorney, #3) by Julie James on Mother's Day. I totally forgot to come and update this thread. Sorry about that. I'm using it for my SS book. Couldn't put it down. I finished last night. This was really a cute read. I just had one issue. We'll see if you have the same issue. It's through out the whole book - so you'll have to read the spoiler when you finish.

(view spoiler)