We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

The Books > Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels #2) by Lisa Kleypas

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 01, 2016 11:53AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments

Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Marrying Winterborne The Ravenels #2, by Lisa Kleypas

Expected publication: May 31st 2016 by Avon.

A ruthless tycoon...

Savage ambition has brought common-born Rhys Winterborne vast wealth and success. In business and beyond, Rhys gets exactly what he wants. And from the moment he meets the shy, aristocratic Lady Helen Ravenel, he is determined to possess her. If he must take her virtue to ensure she marries him, so much the better…

A sheltered beauty...

Helen has had little contact with the glittering, cynical world of London society. Yet Rhys’s determined seduction awakens an intense mutual passion. Helen’s gentle upbringing belies a stubborn conviction that only she can tame her unruly husband. As Rhys’s enemies conspire against them, Helen must trust him with her darkest secret. The risks are unthinkable…the reward, a lifetime of incomparable bliss. And it all begins with…

message 2: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Reserved.

message 3: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments Just by reading the blurb (and no, I hadn't read the first book yet), I get this feeling that the premise, not the characters (since, again, I hadn't read the first book yet) feels similar to Tempt Me at Twilight. Just a feeling.

message 4: by Chill (new)

Chill | 23 comments I'm super excited and impatient for this book. Can't wait!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Chill wrote: "I'm super excited and impatient for this book. Can't wait!"

Me too, Chill.

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Me, three.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Yay!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 630 comments I can't wait for this! I made the mistake of reading an excerpt of the first few chapters. Such a mistake. I think I am going to love this more than the first book.

message 9: by Chill (new)

Chill | 23 comments This I think will be similar to Dreaming of You (Sara and Craven's book) which is my favourite LK book. So looking forward to it.

message 10: by ♥ℳelody (new)

♥ℳelody (melodiousimagination) | 314 comments Lisa posted this on Facebook today:

Hello dear friends! If anyone wants to read that long-awaited kiss between Rhys and Helen, I just saw that you can get the first two and a half chapters of "Marrying Winterborne" as a free sample in iBooks! XOXO

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Thanks, Melody!

message 12: by binter (new)

binter | 3 comments ♥ Melody wrote: "Lisa posted this on Facebook today:

Hello dear friends! If anyone wants to read that long-awaited kiss between Rhys and Helen, I just saw that you can get the first two and a half chapters of "Mar..."

Does anyone know if these first two & a half chapters can be found anywhere for those of us who don't have i-things? I know the book is due out soon but gah!

message 13: by Chill (last edited May 22, 2016 08:53AM) (new)

Chill | 23 comments There is another excerpt here, not the 2.5 chapters but later in the book.
http://happyeverafter.usatoday.com/20...

message 14: by Elaine (new)

Elaine And me!

message 15: by binter (new)

binter | 3 comments Chill wrote: "There is another excerpt here, not the 2.5 chapters but later in the book.
http://happyeverafter.usatoday.com/20..."

Thank, Chill. Can't wait for release day.

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andrea-booksandtea) Read it an LOVED this book. So sweet and gave me all the warm fuzzies.

message 17: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 848 comments Chill wrote: "This I think will be similar to Dreaming of You (Sara and Craven's book) which is my favourite LK book. So looking forward to it."

I agree with Chill about the similarity, but I liked Dreaming of You better than Winterbourne, altho I liked Marrying Winterborne more than Cold-Hearted Rake. Hope I haven't confused anyone! Just read MW last month and gave it 4*

message 18: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Listening to this now. I'm liking it. I do still have a little hesitancy about Winterborne, given his actions in the first book. But, I'm warming to him.

message 19: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments I liked Winterborne in Cold-Hearted Rake, when Helen was the only one that could calm him down. And at the end, when he returned the orchid in perfect condition. I really liked both books, actually. I think you will love Winterborne by the end of his book!