Books2Movies Club discussion

The Martian (The Martian, #1)
This topic is about The Martian
Monthly Reads > The Martian - book and movie

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new) - added it

Zeljka (ztook) | 2939 comments Mod
Quite popular,The Martian, got a chance to be discussed in our club less than half a year of its release. One would say the proper order would be - read the book first then watch the movie! However, lack of free time last year forced me to watch the movie first (and I did enjoy it immensely!), but I hope I'll pick the book this weekend to redeem myself :)
I am sure many of you have seen the movie or read the book. Share your thoughts and impressions with us!

message 2: by Blueberry (last edited Mar 02, 2016 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 158 comments The book was a lot of fun but also included good tension.
I am like the millionth person on hold for it at the library.

message 3: by April (new)

April (aprilvoytkokempler) I really prefer to read a book first. I never judge a book by its movie, lol. But, with this one I saw the movie first. It made me curious to read the book, and it has been sitting on my TBR shelf for some time. So I must get to it and compare.

Summer (paradisecity) | 19 comments Overall, I think the movie was better than the book. The book was written by self-published author and it seemed unpolished to me. I'm guessing it didn't get a thorough round of editing when it was picked up by a major publisher, and I wish it had. The author's technical knowledge was great, though, and I did appreciate that.

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Dobson I did enjoy the book but loved how the movie brought it to life.

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments I read the book a few months before they announced the movie was coming out, and watched the movie as soon as it came out. I enjoyed both! The humor of the book but also the seriousness came out in the film, and I thought both did a great job. Not classic lit, for sure, but good clean fun!