Contemporary Lovers discussion

Questions/Comments/Suggestions > Have a question?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Giselle (new)

Giselle (itsmegiselle) | 32 comments Mod
Do you have a question about the read-a-long, the books we're reading or the liveshow? Ask it here and we'll do our best to answer it.

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny How does it work? I'm new to this

message 3: by Jay (last edited Apr 30, 2014 01:07PM) (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "How does it work? I'm new to this"

Hey Jenny! So basically every month will be themed.. roadtrip, summer, boarding school, male POV, etc. we will make a poll of 5 different books for the theme chosen and will let everyone vote on it. Since we just started, we picked a "new release" book without voting or anything. But from now on, we'll see what you guys are suggesting, then pick a theme the five of us running this group agree on and 5 different books. We do a poll, vote, then voila a book is chosen. We will announce the book before the month is over so we can start on the 8th of the next month, right after the liveshow for the previous month's book. During the readalong, you can discuss the book (non spoiler!) using the hashtag #contemporarylovers and also in this group. We'll divide the book into sections so you are able to discuss with spoilers if you've read up to a certain section. Then comes the liveshow after the month long readalong. That's where we will discuss the full book with spoilers.. Ask for your input through the chatting option and just make it as interactive as possible for everyone. We don't want to just talk to each other while everyone else just watches.. Giselle expressed how she didn't want that at all! :) this first month is a test run and we'll see how it goes and what we need to change for EVERYONE to have fun and be a part of this

itsrainingbooks | 9 comments Will you tell us the theme, then have us recommend book choices, then have the poll? or will you do it another way?

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Rose wrote: "Will you tell us the theme, then have us recommend book choices, then have the poll? or will you do it another way?"

We created a forum where everyone can make suggestions but in the end we'll choose a theme, and then 5 books from the theme that we'll put in a poll so everyone can vote and the one with the most votes will be chosen.

So we aren't doing it in order.. When we're deciding on a theme or books we'll look through the suggestions of both themes and books and pick a theme and 5 books. I guess we'll see how that works out, we can always try changing it up :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hoppyfroggy77) | 3 comments For the liveshow, can anyone be in it? Like, I can can join and be on screen with you guys? Or do you just want us to chat and ask questions?

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hoppyfroggy77) | 3 comments Also, can we suggest a book, we've already read? I mean, can I suggest a good book I already read that I think everyone else will like?

message 8: by Jay (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "For the liveshow, can anyone be in it? Like, I can can join and be on screen with you guys? Or do you just want us to chat and ask questions?"

The liveshow is the five of us onscreen.. There are too many people to include everyone! But we're trying to make everyone as much a part of it as possible through the chat and interacting with everyone through Q/As and such

As for the suggesting, suggest away!! I actually also have a couple of books that I love that I also want to suggest :D

message 9: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 23, 2014 04:12AM) (new)

Rebecca (rebeccabec) Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering when the live show date and times are announced? Is it announced on each youtube channel? I have to work out my time zone difference each month and I really don't want to miss this! I'm looking forward to the next one :D

message 10: by Jay (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering when the live show date and times are announced? Is it announced on each youtube channel? I have to work out my time zone difference each month and I real..."

We still haven't gotten this right but generally on the last 10 days of the moth. Right now the liveshow is going to be on the 29th of June (for what I thought was true) and we haven decided on a time because we still don't have a booktuber. But time is either 7pm EST or 2PM EST. We need to be more organized and choose the date/time earlier. Sorry for that and thanks so much for wanting to watch our liveshows!!

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccabec) Juhina wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering when the live show date and times are announced? Is it announced on each youtube channel? I have to work out my time zone difference each ..."

Thanks for the quick answer, no worries at all! I'm just excited to participate in a book club like this lol

message 12: by Jay (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "Juhina wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering when the live show date and times are announced? Is it announced on each youtube channel? I have to work out my time zone d..."

no problem! :) Glad to have you on board. Definitely tweet us your book updates on #contemporarylovers :D

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccabec) Hi again

I didn't know where to post this but I randomly stumbled across a tumblr page called "Book Tube News". It has an area with all the liveshow dates that booktubers are hosting. I thought it might be an idea to get them to add this group if you thought it was a good idea.

http://booktubenews.tumblr.com/bookclubs

I don't use twitter or tumblr and only found the group on blogloving (I don't even know how lol)

message 14: by Jay (new)

Jay | 68 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "Hi again

I didn't know where to post this but I randomly stumbled across a tumblr page called "Book Tube News". It has an area with all the liveshow dates that booktubers are hosting. I thought it..."

THANKS SO MUCH REBECCA! you are AWESOME :D