Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2016 Archives > Epic Dark Fantasy: The Crown of Stones - What if you were born with an addiction to magic?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.L. (last edited Apr 11, 2016 06:52AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Welcome Fairgoers! Thanks so much for stopping at my booth!
I'm C.L. Schneider, author of The Crown of Stones Trilogy.

Heads up! The ebook of Magic-Price (the 1st book in the trilogy) is at a special convention price this weekend of only .99!

Magic-Price (The Crown of Stones, #1) by C.L. Schneider Magic-Scars (The Crown of Stones, #2) by C.L. Schneider Magic-Borne (The Crown of Stones, #3) by C.L. Schneider
Magic-Price Magic-Scars Magic-Borne

If you've stumbled in here looking for some adult epic dark fantasy-filled with magic, bloody battles, friendship, love, loss, betrayal, sex, torture, secrets, obsession, addiction, and danger-you've come to the right place. If you're looking for a new twist on magic-even better. If you're a sucker for a flawed hero-pull up a chair. Let me tell you about a man named Ian Troy, his addiction to magic, and his fight to bring peace to a war-torn world.

Whoa. Slow down! Are you always so impetuous? Before you dive into the dark world of Mirra'kelan, don't you want to know a little bit about your guide? I could be dangerous! I could be a sword-loving, word-obsessing, wine-swilling, sarcasm-throwing, zombie hunter wannabe for all you know.

Ok. *Blushes* I am. Well, maybe not the dangerous part. But I have a weakness for shiny weapons and I love stage combat. Yes, I'll watch a movie or TV show just for the fight scenes. Nothing inspires me more than a well choreographed scuffle.

And obsessed with words? As if! Just because when I'm not writing, all I think about is writing, doesn't mean I'm obsessed. Does it?

Wine? Yes.
Sarcasm? Another yes.
Zombie hunter wannabe? God yes.

But as long as you keep your hands inside the ride at all times, you'll be just fine.

Now, what were we talking about? Right, The Crown of Stones....

***THIS IS MY OPEN/CLOSED SIGN***
The Crown of Stones Booth is CLOSED.

If you wish to chat after the convention closes, come find me:
https://twitter.com/cl_schneider
https://www.facebook.com/CLS.Author/
http://www.clschneiderauthor.com/

Giveaway Results
Day 1 Giveaway Winner: Belinda Cemons
Day 1 Flash Giveaway Winner: Kylie Jude
Day 2 Giveaway Winners: Belinda Cemons & Ashley Martinez
Day 2/3 Flash Giveaway Winner: Virginia Gray
Day 3 Giveaway Winner: Tiffany Apan

Congrats! Thanks to everyone for playing! Winners will be notified today. Paperback winners, please allow 4-6 wks for delivery.

Map Tag #Fantasy

message 2: by C.L. (last edited Apr 11, 2016 06:40AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments *Pulls out megaphone*
Attention! Attention! Games & giveaways here! Gather around!

Hey! You there-come back here! Want to win some prizes?

Then chew your popcorn a little quieter and have a listen...

Ebooks! Paperbacks! Swag! This booth has it all!
But wait, don't run off yet! There's more...

72 HOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE GIVEAWAY- CLOSED
WINNER: Tiffany Apan!

What can you win in my giveaways? Here's a peek:

Scroll down for my other Giveaways.
Except for this one :)

Board the H.M.S. Slush Brain and follow the "Giveaway Hop!"

A collection of high-spirited, talented, pirate-loving authors make up this zany crew. Follow the Giveaway Hop, enter their giveaways, and meet them.

On to the next Crew Member!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by C.L. (last edited Apr 05, 2016 10:58AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Start the adventure with Magic-Price

For ten years Ian Troy has been running from the blood in his veins and on his hands.

Born of the Shinree, a fallen race reviled for their inborn addiction to magic, Ian is no stranger to scorn. His people, drugged to quell their magic, are bred and sold as slaves. Some are granted conditional freedom, but only to serve the ruling races. Possessing the magic of a soldier, Ian was conscripted into the Rellan army at a young age and made to fight in their longstanding war against the brutal Langorian invaders. As the years dragged on and the death toll climbed, he tried to believe as his Queen did, that they could win without magic. She was wrong. Defeat was imminent.

Pushed to the brink, Ian turned to the Crown of Stones, an ancient Shinree relic of untold power. Unaware of the crown’s true purpose, he harnessed its magic and brought peace to the realms—but at an unthinkable price.

Magic-Price is the first book in the Crown of Stones trilogy.

**Special Convention Sale**
Download Magic-Price to your Kindle for only .99! http://bit.ly/COSBk1Kindle

message 4: by C.L. (last edited Apr 05, 2016 11:04AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Continue the journey in Magic-Scars

Captured by his old enemy, King Draken of Langor, Shinree magic user Ian Troy was sentenced to prison. Tortured and drugged, robbed of his will, his memories, and his magic, Ian was made to do unspeakable things. Rescued, as his body slowly rids itself of the drug, Ian realizes he has returned to an unfamiliar world gripped with fear. In the wake of his fall, those he cared for were left to their own grim fates. Draken has seized control of the realms and named himself High King. His brutal rein has sparked a desperate rebellion that Ian now finds himself a part of. His one task: recover and repair the Crown of Stones, in hopes it will tip the balance in the revolution that is brewing. In pursuit of the reason behind the artifact’s strange loss of magic, Ian is driven to release an explosion of retribution and power that leaves him irrevocably scarred.

Struggling to reconcile the man he has become with the man he once was, Ian strives to understand the growing number of magic-scars adorning his body. He searches for the truth behind his link to the Crown of Stones and uncovers shocking secrets buried for generations beneath the sand. To become the weapon the resistance needs, he must assume responsibility for his magical inheritance. But can he curb the destructive appetite that comes with it?

The price of Ian's magic and his addiction have never been higher.

Continue the adventure. Download Magic-Scars to your Kindle today! http://bit.ly/ScarsKindle

message 5: by C.L. (last edited Mar 29, 2016 08:40AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Discover the fate of Ian Troy in Magic-Borne

In one fell swoop, the resistance was shattered. Lives were taken. Hope was lost. Peace slipped like grains of sand through his fingers. So did the Crown of Stones. Now, forced into hiding, Ian Troy grapples for a way to save the realm—and free its people—from the sadistic clutches of Jem Reth; Mirra’kelan’s new self-appointed emperor. Plagued with the knowledge of a tragic future, he strives to influence events and save those he cares for. But his magic has betrayed him, and Fate has other plans.

Scarred by the crown, hindered by the transformation spell contained within, each cast brings Ian one step closer to becoming more beast than man. Each move brings the death and destruction foretold in his vision inexplicably nearer. With Langor on the brink of war, and King Malaq’s plan for peace hanging in the balance, Ian returns to the ancient past; seeking an end to the eldring spell and a means to thwart Jem’s growing domination. What he finds there sets off a chain of revelations that leads Ian places he never thought to go.

Entrusted with the future of his race, Ian becomes the linchpin for lasting change. But how much weight can one man carry? And how much is he willing to sacrifice in the name of peace?

See how it all ends! Download Magic-Borne, the final installment in The Crown of Stones. http://bit.ly/Bk3Kindle

message 6: by C.L. (last edited Apr 10, 2016 09:53AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Enter the world of Mirra'kelan...

Watch the Crown of Stones Trilogy Trailer http://bit.ly/COSTrailer

message 7: by C.L. (last edited Apr 05, 2016 06:41AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Ever wondered how the Crown of Stones was created?

Read the beginning of the prologue of Magic-Borne, the 3rd and final installment in trilogy.

**Prologue**

A’nalia placed the stones in a tight circle on the altar. There were nine, uncut and on the small side; celestite, sapphire, magnetite, ruby, spinel, diamond, topaz, amber, and obsidian. Touching each in turn, her aged fingers flowed across the jagged tops from one to the next. A pulse of color followed, making the air between the stones seem to blur and the hues to merge.

Glancing behind her, A’nalia regarded the eight hooded figures standing silently off to the side. Their consent was not required for her to continue. She was, after all, their equal. But choices of weight, decisions affecting the whole of the empire, were not meant for the shoulders of a single man or woman. And no greater choice had been made in the history of the Shinree as this one.

The eight nodded in approval, one after the other, so there would be no mistake. A’nalia returned the gesture. Her sandals shifted in the layer of silt on the cave floor as she turned back to face the crowd. The weight of the moment would lend a quiver to her voice. Yet, A’nalia made no attempt to calm her nerves. Let them assume age is the culprit, she thought. Better that than betray the true precipice in which their nation stood. Society had passed judgment enough on the Ruling House. She would have it no more.

A’nalia beckoned with her hands. “Come forward. All of you.”

The eyes on her flitted elsewhere, hands clenched, feet shifted.

A’nalia wasn’t surprised. Being chosen by the House was an honor, yet their hesitation for the ritual was understandable. Magic, blood, and souls would be taken. From this day, the future of the Shinree would be forever changed. For if it is not, it will continue to crumble under the influence of corruption and anarchy.

Such an end was unthinkable. The ability to channel magic was a gift of the gods. A responsibility bestowed at the beginning of time to the Shinree alone. Given in this holy place, A’nalia knew, as she glanced proudly about the waterfall-ringed room. Her eyes landed on the well in it center. Though what lived inside was not visible from her angle, A’nalia envisioned the auras that swam inside. Imagination was unnecessary for what dwelled within the cavern walls. Their glow seeped out from the gaps between the cascades. Watching it gave her strength, and a confident, determined smile emerged.

There could be no other course. The oracles have spoken. Fate has guided their visions.

And Death will guide my hand.

message 8: by C.L. (last edited Apr 11, 2016 06:45AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments ***FLASH GIVEAWAY*** CLOSED

Ian Troy loves his wine. He is never far from a bottle or a flask-or a tavern. Design a wine inspired by the character of Ian Troy. What would it taste like? What would it be called? You can even describe the label if you like.

Winner: Virginia Gray

message 9: by C.L. (last edited Apr 09, 2016 09:06AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Want to know more about Ian Troy?
Ian was interviewed for the Brain to Books Blog Tour!
See what Ian has to say about his past, his fears, his nemesis, and his author!

Check it out! http://devorahfox.com/index.php/2016/...

message 10: by Joselyn (new)

Joselyn  Moreno Burke (joselynraquel) C.L. wrote: "*Pulls out megaphone*

Then chew your popcorn a little quieter and have a li..."

Looks awesome definitely going to any event you have =)

message 11: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Joselyn wrote: "C.L. wrote: "*Pulls out megaphone*

Then chew your popcorn a little quieter ..."

Thank you, Joselyn! That's so sweet. In addition to my booth here I'll be hosting an hour on FB the morning of 4/8. Would love to have you stop by :)

message 12: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 46 comments *sits on the floor in front of your booth, plops chin into hands, and waits impatiently* :)

message 13: by C.L. (last edited Apr 02, 2016 09:24PM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Kylie wrote: "*sits on the floor in front of your booth, plops chin into hands, and waits impatiently* :)"

I'll get some popcorn and join you!

message 14: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments The Crown of Stones Booth is open! But I'll be heading over to the Facebook event at 11 am EST. I have some games & prizes lined up during my hour, so pop over & join in! http://bit.ly/B2BFBevent

I'll be back here after to overdose on some of that cotton candy I keep hearing about...

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 54 comments Hi, CL - great to see booth, huge :)

Wanted to ask a question before I head off to sleep in a little while - any chance there's a Magic-Price paperback giveaway this year?

message 16: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Clemons | 64 comments I added and followed @bnc12d and Belinda Cemons

message 17: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Ashley wrote: "Hi, CL - great to see booth, huge :)

Wanted to ask a question before I head off to sleep in a little while - any chance there's a Magic-Price paperback giveaway this year?"

Yes, actually! I'll be posting a game tomorrow for a signed paperback :)

message 18: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Belinda wrote: "I added and followed @bnc12d and Belinda Cemons"

Thank you, Belinda! Followed you back :)

message 19: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 46 comments *Stalks you across Goodreads* ;)

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 54 comments C.L. wrote: "Yes, actually! I'll be posting a game tomorrow for a signed paperback :) "

Superb! I'm there (will get out my world-clock first) - have the kindle version but I tend to prefer paperback, so will definitely give the game a shot :)

message 21: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Ashley wrote: "C.L. wrote: "Yes, actually! I'll be posting a game tomorrow for a signed paperback :) "

Superb! I'm there (will get out my world-clock first) - have the kindle version but I tend to prefer paperba..."

Awesome! Sweet dreams :)

message 22: by Markie (new)

Markie (httpsgoodreadscommarkie_madden) | 60 comments Hi Cindy! *waving from both*

message 23: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Marguerite wrote: "Hi Cindy! *waving from both*"

Hey! How are you? I'm just settling in after an hour on FB. Hope to get a chance to look around the fair later today or tomorrow. I'll stop by!

message 24: by C.L. (last edited Apr 09, 2016 07:59AM) (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments FLASH GIVEAWAY!!!
This GIVEAWAY is CLOSED
A random winner was selected from all the correct entries, and the winner of the Ian Troy mousepad is... Kylie Jude!

Stay tuned for more Flash Giveaways throughout the weekend!

message 25: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 27 comments Looking good, and an interesting concept.

message 26: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Riley wrote: "Looking good, and an interesting concept."

Thank you, Riley! Appreciate you stopping by. How are you enjoying the convention?

message 27: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 27 comments It's been interesting so far. Having a lot of fun going through and seeing other authors works. It's amazing to me the scope of people's imaginations.

message 28: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (chessdesalls) | 103 comments Hey there! Booth looks great, C!

message 29: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Riley wrote: "It's been interesting so far. Having a lot of fun going through and seeing other authors works. It's amazing to me the scope of people's imaginations."

Yes, I agree. I'm looking forward to checking out some of the other booths myself :)

message 30: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Chess wrote: "Hey there! Booth looks great, C!"

Why thank you, my dear! I'll pop over to yours this weekend. I caught a peek at it when I was setting mine up. Thought it looked fab! Made me work harder on mine :)

message 31: by Stan (new)

Stan Sudan (stansudan) | 3 comments Nothing beats getting lost in the forest. But when the trees are words, my bald pate begins to bleed from scratching it. The woods are deep here today, but lo and behold! It's Crown of Stones I see! Hope the B2B Cybercon is treating you well Cindy. Been looking across the web today and haven't yet connected with any live ones. Your faire site looks great. Saw you earlier on FB posting-hosting away. Ordered up my draft print cover today for Dancers of Light See you round. Bestest.

message 32: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Stan wrote: "Nothing beats getting lost in the forest. But when the trees are words, my bald pate begins to bleed from scratching it. The woods are deep here today, but lo and behold! It's Crown of Stones I see..."

Stan! Thanks so much for stopping by! So glad you found me through all the trees :) Congrats on Dancers of Light. Let's catch up soon!

message 33: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 53 comments Popping in to say "HI!"

Having a wander around the fair ground, and bobbing back and forth to facebook.

message 34: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments C.L. wrote: "***Day 1 Giveaway***
GIVEAWAY CLOSED - Winner TBA

Stalk me & you could win a signed paperback of The Crown of Stones!
Follow me on Twitter, & Google+, like me on FB, follow my Amazon Author Pa..."

The winner of the Day 1 Giveaway is Belinda Cemons!
Congrats, Belinda!

message 35: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Belinda wrote: "I added and followed @bnc12d and Belinda Cemons"

You won! Message me when you get a chance :)

message 36: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Rainne wrote: "Popping in to say "HI!"

Having a wander around the fair ground, and bobbing back and forth to facebook."

Hello! Enjoying the fair? Have you found any 'must-see' booths I should visit? Haven't had a chance yet to wander around :)

message 37: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments David wrote: "what a blessed talented writer you are cl I love your books"

Awww, thank you, David! That's so great to hear 1st thing in morning. Have you read the whole trilogy yet?

I'll be posting some giveaways today and tomorrow. Check back and maybe you could win a swag pack or signed paperback!

message 38: by Tim (new)

Tim Hemlin (timhemlin) | 50 comments Hey, looks really cool over here. Good luck!

message 39: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Kylie wrote: "*Stalks you across Goodreads* ;)"

You won the mousepad! Message me when you get a chance :)

message 40: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Tim wrote: "Hey, looks really cool over here. Good luck!"

Thank you, Tim! I have to actually run out for a bit this afternoon. But later tonight I hope to have time to stroll around the fair. I'll stop by and say hello :)

message 41: by Tim (new)

Tim Hemlin (timhemlin) | 50 comments C.L. wrote: "Tim wrote: "Hey, looks really cool over here. Good luck!"

Thank you, Tim! I have to actually run out for a bit this afternoon. But later tonight I hope to have time to stroll around the fair. I'll..."

Please do stop by. By tonight we'll tap the keg or uncork the wine (or brew the coffee or steep the tea . . . ) I'll be in and out as well.

message 42: by Marco (new)

Marco Marek (marcomarek) | 34 comments Hi Cindy, popping here to say hello, love your book covers :)

message 43: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Marco wrote: "Hi Cindy, popping here to say hello, love your book covers :)"

Hey Marco! Thank you :) I'll be taking time tonight to pop over to everyone's booth. Looking forward to seeing yours!

message 44: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments David wrote: "the net makes stalking easier I guess lols now wheres the food booth at I'm lost lols"

If you find the food, let me know. I'm starving!

message 45: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments David wrote: "haven't read the trilogy but entered hope to win some nice swag lols"

Sending you good luck vibes!!!

message 46: by Marco (new)

Marco Marek (marcomarek) | 34 comments You welcome Cindy, you can pop in my booth when you want :)

message 47: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Tim wrote: "C.L. wrote: "Tim wrote: "Hey, looks really cool over here. Good luck!"

Thank you, Tim! I have to actually run out for a bit this afternoon. But later tonight I hope to have time to stroll around t..."

Wine works for me, Tim!

message 48: by Stan (new)

Stan Sudan (stansudan) | 3 comments C.L. wrote: "David wrote: "the net makes stalking easier I guess lols now wheres the food booth at I'm lost lols"

If you find the food, let me know. I'm starving!"

Aww. Just made a mess of my screen trying to pass you my bowl of yogurt and blueberries...

message 49: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Stan wrote: "C.L. wrote: "David wrote: "the net makes stalking easier I guess lols now wheres the food booth at I'm lost lols"

If you find the food, let me know. I'm starving!"

Aww. Just made a mess of my scr..."

Yogurt & blueberries? Last year you had cotton candy, Stan. What gives????

message 50: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Schneider (goodreadscomclschneider) | 82 comments Marco wrote: "You welcome Cindy, you can pop in my booth when you want :)"

Thanks, Marco. I definitely will ;)

« previous 1

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic-Price (other topics)
Magic-Scars (other topics)
Magic-Borne (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

C.L. Schneider (other topics)