Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > March Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
Listening to something other than romance, please share.

message 2: by Melissa (last edited Mar 01, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments Just finished Hidden Bodies Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes

You is one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to. I know it’s wrong to like a story about a lewd, serial killing psychopath but with the incredible, seductive narration by Santino Fontana, I couldn’t help it. *Guilty*

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4417 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Just finished Hidden Bodies Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes

You is one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to. I know it’s wrong to like a story about a le..."

Thank you for this feedback, Melissa! It's on my listening plan this month.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments I liked Hidden Bodies Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes but I loved You You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I was oddly drawn to You:)

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i finished up Lycan Fallout 2: Fall Of Man today - it was an audie nominee that i was listening to - something different but strangely intriguing - new to me author and narrator

got a couple of non-fictions i'm going to dive into, as well as attempting to listen to Les Mis (going to do a little bit each day)

Islam: A Very Short Introduction
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Les Misérables
The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love - CD at work in my old school discman...haha!

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyvioletke) | 317 comments I'm listening to The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens The Life We Bury. Narrator is Zach Villa. Very good so far!

message 8: by Lauren (last edited Mar 03, 2016 05:43AM) (new)

message 9: by Melissa (last edited Mar 04, 2016 07:37AM) (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments Finished The Carnival at Bray The Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley an Audie nominee. This book was very personal to me and I found myself weeping several times.

Currently listening to A Curious Beginning A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell Mystery, #1) by Deanna Raybourn . I am really liking it so far (about half way through it)

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to NYPD Red 3 NYPD Red 3 (NYPD Red, #3) by James Patterson

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I'm listening to The Widow by Fiona Barton.
The Widow by Fiona Barton

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Widow by Fiona Barton, an interesting yet disturbing story. Here's my review.

I'm now listening to Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes, You #2.
The Widow by Fiona Barton Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes

message 13: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Finished Nothing to Lose (Jack Reacher, #12) by Lee Child . Not the best of Reacher's books but entertaining enough.

Now I'm listening to Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, #13) by Lee Child . Once I start listening to Reacher books, I tend to read several in a row. These books are like chips!

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 486 comments Finished Embrace the Night Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance - Cynthia Holloway's narration is terrible :0(

It wouldn't be too awful if the writing wasn't drawn out and the story didn't drag...

The last 25% was good though with lots of twists and turns. So I will continue with the series because I do want to know what happens next.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

So sorry you've got Holloway narrating this series. I was so happy when Chicagoland Vampires replaced her.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 486 comments Jonetta wrote: "So sorry you've got Holloway narrating this series. I was so happy when Chicagoland Vampires replaced her."

Yeah, it's annoying that she is the narrator for so many great UF series :0(

message 17: by Jewlzy (new)

Jewlzy | 110 comments Jonetta wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Just finished Hidden Bodies Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes

You is one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to. I know it’s wrong to like a ..."

I completely agree with you!

message 18: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyvioletke) | 317 comments I just finished up The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson The Kind Worth Killing. It was really good! I liked it soooo much better than the celebrated The Girl on the Train.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes, You #2, and it was great! Here's my review. Totally agree with you, Melissa:)
Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm listening to Hounacier - urban fantasy with no romance - this one has a voodoo storyline to it - discovered this author during the audies last year and the second book in the series was nominated this year

also lsitening to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - loving cassandra campbell's narration

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments Jonetta wrote: " I just finished listening to Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes, You #2 and it was great!...Totally agree with you, Melissa:) "

Glad you enjoyed it too (-:

Here's my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 486 comments Finished A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) by Seanan McGuire - The story kept me guessing right up until the end and I really enjoy Mary Robinette Kowal's narration. She has a wonderful lilting accent for the Irish characters and her voice for Tybalt is deep and resonating.

Now listening to The Dead Will Tell (Kate Burkholder, #6) by Linda Castillo

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments I just finished The Robe, which was excellent.

message 24: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments I'm listening to Seveneves by Neal Stephenson and am loving it.

message 25: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Right now I'm listening to Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1) by Anne Bishop . The world was tough to figure out but thankfully I had the ebook handy so I've been able to re-read parts when I don't understand stuff. :)

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments Just finished Jane Steele Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye . I liked it and thought the narration was very good.

Now I'm listening to 11/22/63 11/22/63 by Stephen King . This has been on my tbr list for awhile and at 30 hours it's a big commitment. I'm only 7 hours in, but so far so good (-:

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 486 comments Mara wrote: "The Dead Will Tell (Kate Burkholder, #6) by Linda Castillo by Linda Castillo"

Just finished that one and it was excellent.

message 29: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Started the new Graveyard Queen book The Visitor by Amanda Stevens and am loving it. I was lucky enough not to discover this series until a couple months ago, so I didn't have too long of wait for the 4th book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.