Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > March Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1949 comments Mod
What romance are you listening to?

message 2: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 158 comments ANY DUCHESS WILL DO by Tessa Dare

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4033 comments Mod
I'm listening to What You Need by Lorelei James. There are two narrators performing.
What You Need (Need You, #1) by Lorelei James

message 4: by Yaya (new)

Yaya | 135 comments Just finished My American Duchess. The heiress Merry Pelford, although likable seemed too modern for the time period. Kate Reading narrates.
Just started The Bourbon Kings.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments between all my non-romance shenanigans - i have Trust lined up - nominee in the erotica category at the audies

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments I'm listening to Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis read by Karen White.... I'm thoroughly enjoying it!!!!! Only have just over an hour to go... I love Jill's books and Karen's narration. They are a fantastic combination.

message 7: by Kym (new)

Kym | 99 comments Just finished When You're Ready. When You're Ready (Ready, #1) by J.L. Berg
Carly Robins and Scott Aiello narrated. Both are new to me, and I found their talents very enjoyable.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments An old favorite (the whole series) Fast Track- Just love Julie Garwood - historicals and contemporaries

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) FinishedLaw Man Law Man (Dream Man, #3) by Kristen Ashley - I'm enjoying this series very much. Sweet heroine and a sexy hero with very little angst in their relationship. My only issue us the length, which could be 100 pages less.

Kate Russell's narration is growing on me.

message 11: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 128 comments I just finished Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley Heaven and Hell. When I read it, I rated it 4 stars, but I'm giving the audiobook 5 stars. Loved Kia's voice and the narrator, Felicity Munroe, did a great job with the accents. Hated for it to end and when the author is KA, that is usually very hard to say =)

message 12: by KatieV (new)

KatieV | 98 comments Listening to The Secret The Secret (Highlands' Lairds #1) by Julie Garwood by Julie Garwood. So far I'm really enjoying it. Garwood is such a great comfort read. Also, Susan Duerden is always a great narrator.

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 102 comments KatieV wrote: "Listening to The Secret The Secret (Highlands' Lairds #1) by Julie Garwood by Julie Garwood. So far I'm really enjoying it. Garwood is such a great comfort read. Also, Susan Duerden is always a great narr..."

Love that book and that narrator, amazing combo! Enjoy

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 102 comments Even though I was not a fan of the original books, I gave Grey (Fifty Shades, #4) by E.L. James a shot cause it was at my library. I liked it better than the original books. Lol if that makes any sense.

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Listening to Persuasion by Jane Austen , narrated by Juliet Stevenson. A favorite of mine and the narration is excellent.

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ashley narrated by Angela Dawe for a listening challenge. The book that started a series that is now 10 novels long and 4 decent length novellas.

message 17: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Linda wrote: "I'm listening to Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis read by Karen White.... I'm thoroughly enjoying it!!!!! Only have just over an hour to go... I love Jill's books and Karen's narration. They are a ..."
Agree on both.. Jill & Karen are quite the duo when paired, I feel the same with Julie James/Karen White narrations.

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments I've not listened to any Julie James/Karen White pairings, but, now I will ... as soon as I've listened to all the Jill/Karen pairings I already have... Thank you for posting about Julie/Karen!

message 19: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Linda wrote: "I've not listened to any Julie James/Karen White pairings, but, now I will ... as soon as I've listened to all the Jill/Karen pairings I already have... Thank you for posting about Julie/Karen!" You are welcome and I guarantee fandom ... If I may suggest a standalone to start Just the Sexiest Man Alive Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James which makes me laugh out loud even though I have my headphones on. Also Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James Practice Makes Perfect both standalone and both Julie James/Karen White pairings.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to What You Need by Lorelei James, Need You #1, and found it interesting but not a strong start of the series. Here's my review.

I'm now listening to Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare, I-Team #3.
What You Need (Need You, #1) by Lorelei James Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "I've not listened to any Julie James/Karen White pairings, but, now I will ... as soon as I've listened to all the Jill/Karen pairings I already have... Thank you for posting about Ju..."

I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only audio of Julie's that they have... Have you listened to it? It's the first in a series... and sounds good!

message 22: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only audio of Julie's that they have... Have you listened to it? It's the first in a series... and sounds good! "

I'm not Sue, but I'll chime in here. Something About You is a great book, it will definitely turn you on to Julie James/Karen White. You really can't go wrong with any of her books, but the ones mentioned so far are some of my favorites.

message 23: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments Thank you, JaneA!

message 24: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Linda wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only audio of Julie's that they have... Have you listened to it? It's the first in a series... and sounds good!..."

It's very good... I love the series, the first 2 novels are R/S heavy on R but then as the entire series moves forward it becomes mostly R. Jack is hot!

Enjoy

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments Thank you, Sue!

message 26: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only audio of Julie'..."

What is R/S?

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

Romantic suspense.

message 28: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Trish wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only aud..."

Oh, OK. Thanks. That's my favorite kind of reading. Plain old love stories have become too boring for me. Gimme some murder or kidnapping or blackmail or a stalker. Something other than page after page of angst and misunderstandings.

message 29: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Trish wrote: "Trish wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "Sue wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It'..."

LOL... I knew that book sounded familiar. I just took a look on Amazon and I've read that one and the other 4 in the series and own the 6 one but haven't read it yet. DUH!

message 30: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments My library had an Overdrive kindle copy of the 2nd book in the same series... I was able to reserve it and then purchase the audio for $3.99... so I'll listen to it once I listen to Something About You. :-))) Thanks for the recommendations!

message 31: by Sue (last edited Mar 06, 2016 05:29AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments JaneA wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just found Something About You in audio by Julie James and voiced by Karen White at my library and have entered a hold on it. It's the only audio of Julie's that they have... Have y..."

JaneA another fan of the duo... love'm. She'll go nearly 2 years since her last book was published... she slowed down. She had been publishing 1 per year but is skipping 2016. I only wish she's go and write another Just the sexiest man alive again... celeb/everyday girl. Or the reverse.... That book was just so freaking funny.

*waves* to Trish, I've read them all and relistened to Just the sexiest man alive more than once. It still makes me laugh.

message 32: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments I believe Something About You was my introduction to the crack that is Julie James. I love that whole series. Weirdly, I am one of the few who really don't care for Sexiest Man Alive.

message 33: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Lee wrote: "I believe Something About You was my introduction to the crack that is Julie James. I love that whole series. Weirdly, I am one of the few who really don't care for Sexiest Man Alive."

That is weird! LOL

message 34: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Sue wrote: "JaneA another fan of the duo... love'm. She'll go nearly 2 years since her last book was published... she slowed down. She had been publishing 1 per year but is skipping 2016."

Just so long as she doesn't stop writing! And hopefully KW will always be her narrator.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 764 comments Ok you all - you made me have to go look Julie James up to see if mt library had any of her books - and low and behold they have the first 4 with the audio books! - so now my TBR pile has just been increased...thanks... they look pretty good

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

You won't regret it, Paris!

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 764 comments Jonetta wrote: "You won't regret it, Paris!"

Good to hear

message 38: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments You're so lucky, Paris!

message 39: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Ok you all - you made me have to go look Julie James up to see if mt library had any of her books - and low and behold they have the first 4 with the audio books! - so now my TBR pile has just been..." Welcome to the club of admirers... KW does such a good job narrating her work.

I agree... I really hope JJ doesn't lose KW as her narrator, that would really be a shame.

message 40: by Kym (new)

Kym | 99 comments I'm listening to Summer Nights

I got this and the 2 that are part of a trilogy within the Fool's Gold series when they came out, but I'm just now getting around to them. I'd pretty much binge-listened to the first few Fool's Gold books, but then kind of got over Susan Mallery - too much skipping around with the POV. But since I have the 3, I'll listen, but I doubt I'll use credits for any more.

message 41: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments I'm listening to Born of Defiance (The League, #9) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Defiance. I have a bad habit of not listening to books in order, and this may actually be okay in this case because although it's Book 9 in her League series it's set during the same time frame as Books 1 & 2. I'm enjoying this one so I'll go back to listen to those next.

It's been a long time since I've read a Sherrilyn Kenyon book, I'm burnt out on her Dark-Hunter series, but I love Sci-Fi Romance so I figured I'd give this a try. On a side note, I love my library!

message 42: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments finished Worth the Risk (The McKinney Brothers, #2) by Claudia Connor and was underwhelmed. Book 1 was way better.

Now, I am listening to Lost Lake (Lost Lake, #1) by Sarah Addison Allen

message 43: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments I'm listening to The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer , my first Heyer mystery audiobook.

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare, I-Team #3, narrated by Kaleo Griffith, and it's my favorite to date in the series. Here's my review.
Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare

message 45: by Kym (new)

Kym | 99 comments I just started listening to Growl (Feral Passions, #1) by Eve Langlais narrated by Alexandra Shawnee. The book is 3 novellas, all shifter romance. I'll listen to the first, then switch to Rescue Me (Lovett, Texas, #3) by Rachel Gibson then go back to Growl for the second novella. I'll probably listen to The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ashley before listening to the last 1/3 of Growl.

message 46: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Consolation (The Consolation Duet, #1) by Corinne Michaels has been a Debbie Downer and I am in Chapter 29 of 40. I only have 2 hrs 38 mins left.
I just don't see it getting better

message 47: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i started Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover on the treadmill last night - i'll probably rotate between it and the urban fantasy i have going in the car right now

message 48: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 102 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Consolation (The Consolation Duet, #1) by Corinne Michaels has been a Debbie Downer and I am in Chapter 29 of 40. I only have 2 hrs 38 mins left.
I just don't see it getting better"

Thanks for the info. I've been on the fence about this one for awhile and it being a downer is what I was afraid of.

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1949 comments Mod
I'm listening to Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare.

message 50: by Susan (new)

Susan (bzsusan79gmailcom) | 329 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Consolation (The Consolation Duet, #1) by Corinne Michaels has been a Debbie Downer and I am in Chapter 29 of 40. I only have 2 hrs 38 mins left.

Stacey wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Consolation (The Consolation Duet, #1) by Corinne Michaels has been a Debbie Downer and I am in Chapter 29 of 40. I only have 2 hrs 38 mins left.

Thanks for the info. I'v..."

Ezi, could you add a link to the title when you post? Even expanded, I can't tell this from the cover, and it's easier and quicker if you do. Thanks!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.