Adventures in YA discussion

Podcast Episodes > Adventures in YA Episode 17: Book Series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adventures in YA (last edited Mar 01, 2016 10:09AM) (new)

Adventures in YA (adventuresinya) | 41 comments Mod
You can listen to the episode here

What are some of your favorite series?
Do you have a certain genre you like to read?
What series are on your TBR pile?
Are there any series you need to finish?

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahb83) | 9 comments My favorite YA series is the Hex Hall trilogy and it's spin-off book. I also like her characters in the Rebel Belle series. Rachel Hawkins' books have filled the void in my heart that was left when Buffy the Vampire Slayer went off the air. Her characters have that snappy, sarcastic dialogue I love and her plots combine the creepy/supernatural elements with humor and adventure. I just wish we'd get at least one more book to tie up some lose ends in School Spirits! Ok, I'll stop gushing about how much I love her books.

I like fantasy and sci/fi, but I'm especially drawn to the supernatural and horror genre, whether its campy/funny or terrifying. I'm easily scared, but I love it. The Asylum series (Madeline Roux) and the Devouring series (Simon Holt) were great reads. They creeped me out so much that I couldn't read them at night.

After hearing great things about Kristin Cashore's Graceling series on this podcast, I've added the first book to my TBR list. I also want to start the Shadow Falls series (C.C. Hunter). I've seen a couple of lists that have suggested it if you enjoyed the Hex Hall books. The Skinjacker trilogy (Neal Shusterman) is at the top of my TBR list as well.

I've only read the first book in both The Monstromologist series (Rick Yancey) and the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy (Susan Dennard). I was drawn into both stories and I'd like to finish them. I've read the first two books in Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series and I've really enjoyed them. I definitely want to finish that series and then jump into her Finishing School and Custard Protocol books next.