Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > Historical Fiction - March 2016

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
In March we will be reading the Historical Fiction winner, The Nightingale, as a group. Have you read any of the other nominees for the Historical Fiction winner award? Which have you read and what did you think? Did it deserve to be nominated? Which was your favorite? Do you plan to read any of them in the future? Discuss here!

message 3: by Reija (new)

Reija | 101 comments I have read only A God in Ruins some reason I found hard to like it (so much I expected to like it) which is little bit weird because Life after life is one of my favorite books ever. Maybe characters were not that nice but I really like the worlds that she creates and how she handles time and especially how she write.

message 4: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2044 comments Mod
I haven't read any of those but I love historical fiction and many of the nominees are added to my TBR.
For my in person book club I have to read In the unlikely event. So I will definitely read that one.
I loved many of Michelle Moran's books so I will also read The rebel queen.
Other options: Secrets of a charmed life, Circling the sun, Mademoiselle Chanel and Girl waits with guns.

One I'm sure I won't read is The taming of the Queen. I tried reading two of Philippa Gregory's books and couldn't finish them. Actually I think, The constant princess was my first DNF ever!

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
I haven't read any either, but have a few on my TBR. I would like to read Secrets of a Charmed Life and I just bought The Gilded Hour & The Lake House. A few maybes for me are At the Water's Edge, Circling the Sun, & The Boston Girl.