2-3-4 Challenge discussion

The Soul Catcher (Maggie O'Dell, #3)
This topic is about The Soul Catcher
Archives - Group Reads > The Soul Catcher by Alex Kava (Maggie O'Dell #3) - March 2016

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 18, 2016 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10940 comments Mod
In a secluded cabin six young men stage a deadly standoff with FBI agents.

In a wooded area near the FDR Memorial in Washington, the body of a senator's daughter is discovered.

For FBI Special Agent Maggie O'Dell, there is nothing routine about being called in to work these two cases. As an expert criminal profiler, Maggie provides psychological insight on cases that involve suspected serial killers. She can't understand, then, why she has been assigned to two seemingly unrelated crimes.

But as Maggie and her partner, Special Agent R. J. Tully, delve deeper into the cases, they discover there is a connection: Reverend Joseph Everett, the charismatic leader of a high-profile religious sect. The men holed up in the cabin were members of Everett's church, and the murder of the young woman took place following one of Everett's rallies.

Is Everett a psychotic madman who uses his power to perform heinous crimes? Or is he merely the scapegoat for a killer more cunning than he? Maggie realizes the only way to find out is by using her own mother, a member of Everett's church, as a pawn in a deadly trap.

Discussion Questions

Robin (robinmy) | 2378 comments Started this one last night. Good so far.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments I'm expecting a lot to go on in this book, since the blurb above cannot be a spoiler -- Jonetta would never do that to us!

What are you talking about? This is the book blurb I copied from Goodreads.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Robin- Glad you are enjoying this one so far :)

Jonetta - this one was intense, well for me anyway.

Charlene - none of those are spoilers.

Phrynne | 300 comments Enjoying it so far though I still wish Maggie would get her act together and stop wimping about the past. Maybe she will soon:)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "Robin- Glad you are enjoying this one so far :)

Jonetta - this one was intense, well for me anyway.

Charlene - none of those are spoilers."

No, I was not suggesting otherwise! I was not criticizing Jonetta. Please forgive if I gave wrong impression.

Phrynne | 300 comments Maggie whined all the way to the end. I did not really enjoy this one sadly.

Oh, that's not good.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4296 comments Mod
I liked the mystery in this one. It reminded me of an episode of The X-Files - (view spoiler)

Phrynne | 300 comments I have enjoyed the mystery part in each one so far. It's just that I expect more from my main character. Maggie doesn't actually do anything. Events just happen to her!

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) Phrynne wrote: "I have enjoyed the mystery part in each one so far. It's just that I expect more from my main character. Maggie doesn't actually do anything. Events just happen to her!"

I agree.... she's not that good of an FBI agent in my opinion.

I just finished and will give it 3 stars.

The Discussion Questions are now posted!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments Thanks again for leading our discussion, Jonetta. I've added my two cents and will watch for others' responses.

You're welcome!