Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Is this an author?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments In doing clean-up of author listings (initials without periods), I ran into complications with some of the J.A. Fielding listings. Some of her books include BWWM Club and Bwwm Romance Dot Com as coauthor. Further research shows that BWWM Club is coauthor on 29 works, and Bwwm Romance Dot Com is coauthor on 2 works. These coauthorships include multiple writers, not just Fielding.

The Amazon listings that I checked showed the coauthorship, but the print books listed in WorldCat did not. My Russian Baby is an example:
http://www.amazon.com/Russian-Baby-Bi...
http://www.worldcat.org/title/my-russ...

I didn't find anything in the Goodreads Librarian Manual that addresses this issue. Do I remove those entities as coauthors? Leave them alone? I need help. I need direction. I need chocolate.

Thanks!

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments They should be removed

message 3: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments Thanks, Paula! I'll get started on that.

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments I've removed BWWM Club and Bwwm Romance Dot Com as author on these books, and in doing so I noticed something else. Each of the books included "launch sale" promo ads at the beginning of the book description. I deleted all those as well. I do hope that was correct.

And ... I found another one: Shifter Club. Working on that now as well.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20820 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "Each of the books included "launch sale" promo ads at the beginning of the book description. I deleted all those as well. I do hope that was correct."

Promo and price information are not allowed in the description. Neither are reviews or praise.

message 6: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments Excellent; thanks, Arenda.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Russian Baby (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.A. Fielding (other topics)