Random Readalongs discussion

The Forbidden Wish > Chapters 19-25

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane (thebooklife) | 30 comments Mod
Discuss chapters 19-25 here! You are free to discuss the chapters in detail, but please do not spoil anything past chapter 25.

message 2: by Sarah-Jane (last edited Mar 24, 2016 01:33AM) (new)

Sarah-Jane (thebooklife) | 30 comments Mod
Really enjoying it, it's so nice to read a book that I can just fly through. I'm still not that invested in Aladdin, I can't seem to get invested in him.

Couple of things though - did anyone else feel there wasn't a big enough reason stopping Zhara telling Aladdin about her freedom and also the rescue of the other jinni? Because, okay it was her idea and she got him into that mess - I get that, but, Aladdins big issue is that he wants her free. And, she could have said to him, part of the reason we're here is because I need to free this other jinni, and when I do, I will be free?

I guess I just feel the conflict between them regarding this secret isn't as big of a deal as maybe it's being made out to be? Could be just me!

But, I'm loving the book!

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thoughtsontomes) | 51 comments Mod
Ah that's so cool that she was the old queen from Nessa's book!!! I did not see that coming at all. I feel so bad for her.

I still think Sulifer is one note, and Darian was a bit predictable as well, but I think the other characters more than make up for it.

I guessed her and Zhian were "betrothed". I'm glad Caspida finally believes her and sees how the story has been manipulated all this time.

I want to like her romance with Aladdin but I still don't buy it. A 4,000 year old magical being does not fall in love with a human in a month! Why can't they just be friends?!? Sad face.

I love all of the other characters though and even Aladdin has grown on me a bit. But I love that the power houses in this story are the girls.