Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Archives > Kudos

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy | 103 comments Just a quick thank you to the moderators who have tirelessly designed and maintained such an awesome group for us, and thanks also to all of the members who post faithfully to help keep the group so active. I had surgery on Feb. 9 and had some complications, so I am off work for a minimum of 6 weeks. No matter how bored I get of other things, I know I can come here and find something fresh and exciting to discuss. I'm already hoping that we do it again next year!

message 2: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3784 comments Mod
I love moderating the group! It's really been a way to unwind for me :) But I appreciate the "thanks"!

I personally would be totally on board for having the group next year. I think the timeline for the polls worked really well last year. So if there ends up being general group interest then we would likely start formulating a list sometime in June.

message 3: by Zaz (new)

Zaz | 2983 comments I'm for a new challenge next year too as I enjoy the discussions and to discover what everyone is reading! I don't think I'll have as much time (but I'll be overbusy the next 6 months) but I'll participate anyway :)

Have a nice "holiday" Joy, I hope you'll feel better quickly (and anyway, free time is always welcome).

message 4: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3470 comments Even though we have over 2000 members, I still feel that I can say I love our little group! It was so lovely last year, and it's continued that way this year. It's such a great group of people. which you really don't find often on the Internet. Thanks guys!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2745 comments I would also love to have another challenge made by the group next year! I can't believe how much time was devoted to putting together the list of suggestions, and narrowing them down to make this year's challenge. I really love having a place to discuss what I'm reading.

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 837 comments I agree, this is a great group and it is largely due to the amazing job the moderators are doing. Always a step ahead, leading discussions and organizing the boards - really well done, the best I have seen. Kudos and thanks :)

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2854 comments It is a great group and I would gladly continue with you all next year! Thank you mods, you're amazing and definitely contributing to the good ambiance between all of us.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) I definitely would love to continue into next year. Being a mod the last half of last year and this year (so far) has been amazing and I love seeing all the posts from you guys. Like Laura said earlier, if there is a huge demand to continue next year we will start the suggestions for our list around June...I'll be excited to see what new topics we can come up with!

message 9: by Ana A (new)

Ana A (anabana_a) | 494 comments I'm definitely joining next year if there is one. Although the reading challenge is fun, what's more important for me now is the people who keep the discussions flowing. Thank you again, mods!

message 10: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | -4 comments I agree with all the comments - this is my favourite group and challenge by far, and its due to the mods. Thank you!
The new header/logo looks amazing - love it!

message 11: by Sophie (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:23AM) (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2854 comments I love the new design too, who did such a good job?

message 12: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 546 comments This is definitely one of the more fun, relaxed challenges I've participated in. Thank you for all the work it took to put it together!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) Agreed! The moderators are doing an amazing job! I am definitely on board for the challenge next, and the year after and the year after that and so on, lol.

message 14: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 780 comments I've absolutely loved participating in this group last year and this year. The environment is relaxed and friendly. There's no pressure put on anyone, and everyone is just so warm and welcoming. This is probably the one place on the internet where I have never encountered someone that was rude or mean. Everyone here is lovely and open minded. I would love for there to be another group next year and another challenge.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I agree with everyone! The mods here are awesome, and everyone is so helpful and nice. I have never felt judged by what I am reading, or what I want to read. It's such a breath of fresh air to see only positive comments. Kudos to the mods and to my fellow members that make this goodreads group such a positive experience!

message 16: by Zaz (new)

Zaz | 2983 comments I agree Nicole, the members are great and really open-minded (which can be rare on the internet these days...).

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Mar 11, 2016 09:02AM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments I'd love to see us keep this going next year too. I am really proud to be a part of this group and am convinced our members are second to none! Thanks for sharing the love and support! Some of the best ideas we've put together for the group have been from your suggestions and ideas! You guys rock!

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 801 comments I agree with everyone as well, the mods are wonderful and the members are great. I love hearing about all the different books everyone is reading, I have added quite a few to my tbr list. I appreciate how welcoming and respectful everyone is towards each other.I loved creating our own challenge, I'm in for 2017.

message 19: by Aglaea (new)

Aglaea | 371 comments I've felt so welcomed as a new member so thanks not only to our fabulous mods (I've only just seen this thread) but to everyone participating in making it a great place for wonderful bookish talk!

I'd love to continue in 2017!

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (megabou) | 36 comments I haven't been participating for a while. When I changed jobs, my schedule changed drastically. I also moved to a new city shortly afterward. I finally managed to get to the local library (it's huge!!) and get a card so I am getting back on the wagon. I'm just so glad that this group is still just as active and I love reading the discussions! Thank you all!

message 21: by Michelle (last edited Apr 20, 2016 09:48PM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Megan, welcome back! :) I hope you're adjusting to your new city and new job.