Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please combine and correct (Liv Ullmann)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fendor (new)

Fendor | 7 comments Hi!

I'm trying to improve the details of two books of Liv Ullmann in different editions, but I can't upload images or edit information about them.

Choices (isbn: 0553171828; isbn 13: 9780553171822) - I have a real image of the book cover and a description to add:
Bantam Books
1986 April
Paperback
description: With the publication of CHANGING in 1977, Liv Ullmann the actress became - through her subtly powerful and beautifully written book - Liv Ullmann the woman, whose private self has touched and inspired thousand of readers. Now, in CHOICES, she continues her story and reveals her most personal thoughts and feelings about her stage and film work, about being in love, about her daughter, about entering middle age - and about a turning point in her life.
Describing her travels as UNICEF's Ambassador of Good Will (the first woman ever to hold the title) from Cambodia to Ethiopia, from Manila to Ecuador, she vividly and movingly recalls the stories and lives of the people she encounters. She examines, too, the profound changes within her as she begins to understand how important the element of choice is in life - the deprived children of the world have none - and how she has denied herself the 'essence of what it is to be human' be always living up to someone else's image of her as an actress, a wife or lover, a mother, or a public figure.
At last her true self can emerge.
(English)

Senderos (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)
It does not have any information about isbn, number of pages or a translated description of the book in spanish.

KR,
Fendor

message 2: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5188 comments info added for the first book...
if you have the book, you can scan the cover and upload in your page so any librarian can added that...

I don't know about the second book, but there is another spanish edition without cover...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Fendor (last edited Mar 02, 2016 03:46AM) (new)

Fendor | 7 comments Hi!
Thanks!

Here I uploaded Choices cover: https://d.gr-assets.com/photos/145691...

Also, about Senderos: both books coincide in number of pages (294), though my link doesn't have pages.
The edition I have is from 1979, with isbn: 8428602832. The publisher is Pomaire and there is not info about it here.
The edition you link is 'Published 1985 by Javier' (probably not true, because it is the name of a person and in Spain this book is only known from one edition), and the cover I have in my book is the same of the link I gave, so I don't know if both spanish editions should be combined or not, but it seems both separated aren't giving full info and I couldn't just choose one.

message 4: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5188 comments 1. cover added...

2. ISBN, publisher & pub. year added, using yours...
can you provide page count, format and description in Spanish ?

message 5: by Fendor (new)

Fendor | 7 comments Thanks again!

Page count: 294

Format: Paperback

Description: Senderos es la autobiografía de la actriz noruega mejor conocida por sus papeles protagonistas en películas de Ingmar Bergman y por recorrer el mundo como Nora en Casa de muñecas de Henrik Ibsen.

No son las memorias de una actriz. No es el recorrido triunfal, ampuloso y ególatra por las mecas del cine, en los lujosos ambientes, entre grandes y poderosos personajes. Son, simplemente, las confesiones de una mujer que no busca otra cosa que el reino perdido de la infancia. Este libro es la narración de sus transformaciones y luchas, de sus éxitos y fracasos, de sus amores y de su soledad. Vivir no es tarea simple para nadie. Liv Ullmann se enfrenta a cada episodio de su existencia con alegría y lucidez.

message 6: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1363 comments Done. Do you know the translator's name?

message 7: by Fendor (new)

Fendor | 7 comments María Pilar Donoso.

message 8: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1363 comments Translator added.

message 9: by Fendor (new)

Fendor | 7 comments By the way, I forgot to provide information about number of pages for Choices (isbn: 0553171828; isbn 13: 9780553171822):

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Added page count after checking on worldcat