Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > The Diamond Age: Roll Call and First Impressions **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Please let us know if you have read or are planning to read The Diamond Age: or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer by Neal Stephenson.

Please: No spoilers in this thread!

message 2: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments I will definitely be reading this in a week or so. I have it right here on my desk, and I've been being urged towards it for years...so it's time!

message 3: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3115 comments Mod
I read this in February in anticipation for this month's discussion. Looking forward to it!

message 4: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2150 comments Mod
Read it about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it - I'm not sure how much I remember but I'll do my best to chime in!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 69 comments Im about 1/3 of the way through. Not really liking it much, having a hard time drumming up any interest in the characters so far.

message 6: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinejustine) | 563 comments I read this quite a long time ago; I liked it right up until the end and then I didn't like the end as much. I actually didn't read another Stephenson book after this one until this year when I read Seveneves. I won't be re-reading it, but I'm interested to follow the discussion.

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbtrek) | 40 comments I read this quite a while ago. I thought it was unique & enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing other's opinions.

message 8: by Byron 'Giggsy' (new)

Byron  'Giggsy' Paul (giggsy) | 8 comments sometimes I wonder if Stephenson writes for the readers or simply writes to impress himself

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) I started reading this on my Kindle before bed. Maybe that was the wrong time, because I was usually tired. It felt like an out of body experience, like I had no idea what was going on or what I had already read. I was reading words and sentences that had lost all meaning. Needless to say, I didn't make it very far before giving up.

message 10: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments I'm finally starting! I'll weigh in when I have more of a sense of the world and characters.