Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > Suldrun's Garden: Roll Call and First Impressions **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Please let us know if you have read or are planning to read Suldrun's Garden by Jack Vance.

Please: No spoilers in this thread!

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3150 comments Mod
I read this a few years ago and don't plan to reread, but I will follow the discussion and join in, assuming I can remember something from the book!

message 3: by Jaro (last edited Mar 01, 2016 10:17AM) (new)

Jaro (aplaceofmarvels) I will reread it. This will be my third time. Hope to start soon.

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Wow! Lots of re-readers of this Vance novel. He is a favorite, but I have not read this one before.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments I had to dig in a TBR box of trade paperbacks to realize I do have a copy. While I've read some Vance SF, I've never read fantasy by him. so since I'm sorta between books (finished the fourth Andre Norton Time Traders book and am mid way into Ambrose's one volume condensation of his Eisenhower opus), I think I'll give this one a go.

message 6: by Sumant (new)

Sumant I have the whole trilogy on my kindle will enjoying reading it with group. The initial impression is definitely of typical fantasy series.

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil Jensen | 57 comments Sumant wrote: "I have the whole trilogy on my kindle will enjoying reading it with group. The initial impression is definitely of typical fantasy series."

Vance was definitely a cult author with lots of unique traits. This was kind of his version of a "typical fantasy" series, but I think you will find that it far more surprising than anything Terry Brooks has written.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Suldrun's Garden (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jack Vance (other topics)