Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2016 Archives > March Book Haul

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Okay everyone tell us what you guys have been borrowing from the library or even what you bought.

message 3: by Crystal (last edited Mar 08, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

message 4: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
I just started to buy and I can tell it's going to be another big haul...

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare , UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman , Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo , The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon , Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark , The Nethergrim (The Nethergrim Trilogy, #1) by Matthew Jobin , The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell

Don't use bookoutlet! It's a trap!!! XD

message 5: by Andrea (new)

It's a beautiful site. I have a coupon that needs to get used soon.

message 6: by Leela (new)

I haven't gotten a coupon yet!!!!

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Order enough and they will stick them in there. They are random.

message 8: by Leela (new)

In the past few weeks I have ordered from them al least 6 times!!!! T.T

message 9: by Andrea (new)

I have a five off of thirty five if you want it.

message 10: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) I just bought
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
last week.

message 11: by Leela (new)

No no, Andrea! That would just make me broke. XD lol.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

lol, I have until next month to use it.

message 13: by Leela (new)

They last a while. Lol. But you use that. That way I'm not the only splurging on books and I'll feel less guilty. XD

message 14: by Andrea (new)

I won't be buying anything else until after our Disney Trip.

message 15: by Leela (new)

Oh that's right your trips soon! Excited?

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Yes we are excited. The kids don't know yet so the husband and I are really excited. It's their first surprise visit to Disney World. Normally we tell them we are going but this year they think we are going to their Aunt Kaleigh's house.

message 17: by Leela (new)

Aw that's so cute!!!! Take tons of pictures of the surprised little faces!!'

message 18: by Andrea (new)

We plan to. Speaking of surprised faces I guess I need to go get in the car pool line for one of them. I'll be back later.

message 19: by Leela (new)

Be safe!

message 20: by Leo (new)

Leo (owlseeyoulater) | 48 comments So far this month I've bought the Harry Potter Hardcover box set Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7) by J.K. Rowling to replace my lost collection, and Harry Potter The Creature Vault The Creatures and Plants of the Harry Potter Films by Jody Revenson as well as The Hogwarts Library by J.K. Rowling while I was at it. I also picked up The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern randomly when I was at a Target.

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Leo wrote: "So far this month I've bought the Harry Potter Hardcover box setHarry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7) by J.K. Rowling to replace my lost collection, and [bookcover:Harry Potter: The Creature Vault: The Creatures ..."

All very wonderful choices of books!

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Leela wrote: "Be safe!"

I am always pretty safe when driving fifteen minutes to pick him up or take him to school.

message 23: by Leela (new)

My husband says I'm a reckless driver. -.-

message 24: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 122 comments This month I had fun buying myself some books as a birthday present to myself! Lol I've bought Fear Street Super Thriller Party Games / Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #1-2) by R.L. Stine , The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong , Dark Places by Gillian Flynn , then UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman on audible. (:

message 25: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 122 comments And I just bought A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro because I have no self control.

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Leela wrote: "My husband says I'm a reckless driver. -.-"

My husband would say the same thing about me but I'm sure I'm safe I have some pretty precious cargo in the vehicle with me.

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Jacquelyn wrote: "This month I had fun buying myself some books as a birthday present to myself! Lol I've bought Fear Street Super Thriller Party Games / Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #1-2) by R.L. Stine, [bookcover:The Mask..."

I think we are all bad when it comes to our birthdays because no one knows what we want but we know what we would like.

message 28: by Leela (new)

XD that's true you do. <3

message 29: by Andrea (new)

I got a box delivered this morning. I don't know who sent it but it had The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3) by Danielle Paige in side the box. Yellow Brick War is a signed copy. I squealed when I saw that.

message 30: by Andrea (new)

So a few additional books that I got are:

Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) by Meg Cabot Emma by Jane Austen Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Eona The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia Gray Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray Fairest by Gail Carson Levine Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer

message 31: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) I just bought It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini at the Goodwill Bookstore

message 32: by Andrea (new)

I love going to thrift stores etc because you can find great books there. It is why my collection is kind of big this month.

message 33: by Asha (new)

Asha (ashascott12) I bought The Poisonwood Bible, Brave New World, and Naked Lunch as an early birthday present to myself. And I plan on buying more as a late birthday present to myself. That's a thing, right?

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Totally a thing. I do it. That is why there were 50 books in my February Book Haul. People were giving me money and books so I was spending the money on books as birthday presents early,and late to myself.