The Mermaid Murders (The Art of Murder, #1) The Mermaid Murders discussion

The Mermaid Murders - BR 2nd March 2016 Therese, Rosa, Ingela & Sofia

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Therese (last edited Mar 01, 2016 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Therese description

Therese Hopefully our detective will be a bit more good looking (no offense dude):-)

Sofia Photoshop?

You can imagine your detectives however you like Therese : D

message 5: by Ingie (last edited Mar 01, 2016 10:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Wow, interesting photo. :)

On the bus on my way to work and I just sneak read the first page. This will be great. Sofia or Therese, you two always remember all those details and second characters from earlier books. Please remind me about these two.

Therese So, this being a week BR, I might be a bit slow, but startin out now!
At 5%,
(view spoiler)

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Wow, interesting photo. :)

On the bus on my way to work and I just sneak read the first page. This will be great. Sofia or Therese, you two always remember all those details and second characters ..."

we met Kennedy in Winter Kill - but that is still in the future in the time of the second book in this series (out next year) - there is a little note before the first chapter about this.

Therese @ 6%, i get a bit Adrien English (the dark tide) flashback.
spoiler for bad guy in that one:
(view spoiler)

Sofia @ 23% - what can I say I woke up very early this morning. Can only read a little bit this evening though.

Therese - I like the contrast between them - we still know very little about Kennedy (view spoiler)

Therese Boxner... His name is as he looks I guess, mr. Square.
Looking forward to see what that is all about. This book has started out very strong for me:-)

Sofia Me too Therese, I started reading around 6 am and only stopped when I had to leave for work.

message 12: by Sofia (last edited Mar 02, 2016 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia 25% i was suspecting there was something more. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Therese (last edited Mar 02, 2016 11:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Therese I was starting to get confused about all the art/painting references, like, why are they here, then I realized that that is what Jason's job is actually about *slaps forehead*. I need to sleep...

Therese Hmm, I can't update my status % on GR, is that something new...?

Sofia If it is showing page you can press on the word page to change it to percent.

I did an % update this morning.

Ingie It was a long work day today. At last back home. I'm at 14% (view spoiler) Will read a chapter or two before it's time for bed. Hope for a better reading-day tomorrow.

Like the start. :D

Thanks Sofia. I guessed we had heard his name in some book earlier.

Sofia Hope you get your reading time tomorrow Ingie.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Thank you for the invite, Honeybunny! :D

I haven't started yet. Looks like i need to! Lol

How is everyone?

Ingie Still time to join Andrea. We isn't that far and you're quick. Have a good feeling about this one so far.

I saw on the other BR-page that you are going to travel over here to Europe soon. Visiting Scotland, Ireland, a vacation or a work trip or what?

Sofia Waving at you from here to Andrea : D and happy trip of course (plus of course you'll be happy closer to us : P)

Liking this very much. Trying to make an effort not to gobble yp like i want to.

@56% what can I say, glacier do melt so nicely : D

message 21: by Therese (last edited Mar 03, 2016 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Therese @70% , so much for having no time to read... i just COULD NOT put it down yesterday evening!! Mah, I just say (view spoiler)

As for Glaciers (view spoiler)

Therese Ah yes, now I should really make breakfast for my poor neglected baby...

Sofia Therese wrote: "@70% , so much for having no time to read... i just COULD NOT put it down yesterday evening!! Mah, I just say [spoilers removed]

As for Glaciers up until first their hook up, I had almost forgott..."

will read your other spoiler later but Glaciers (view spoiler)

a well fed baby leaves it's mother to read :D

message 24: by Rosa, really (new) - added it

Rosa, really Helloooo ladies. I haven't started yet. Sofia's probably done by now. ;D

I will be starting this afternoon. Really looking forward to it!

Therese Rosa, really wrote: "Helloooo ladies. I haven't started yet. Sofia's probably done by now. ;D

I will be starting this afternoon. Really looking forward to it!"

Yay! Go Rosa! Well, I'm still in the race;-). Haven't had any time to read at all today:-(.

Sofia Rosa, really wrote: "Helloooo ladies. I haven't started yet. Sofia's probably done by now. ;D

I will be starting this afternoon. Really looking forward to it!"

You should Rosa - delicious

stormy waters at 84%

Ingie Okay girls — don't you need to work these days??? — I'm way after you two. @28% and on my way to the sofa for some reading. See you later.

Therese Ingela wrote: "Okay girls — don't you need to work these days??? — I'm way after you two. @28% and on my way to the sofa for some reading. See you later."

I will have to go back to work in April:-(.....Home on maternity leave at the moment. But nights are always free:-))

Therese And I had big troubles putting this one down after a certain event;-)

Sofia Therese wrote: "And I had big troubles putting this one down after a certain event;-)"

me too

and now I'm sad because I finished and I have to wait till next year for more of these guys - very hot together.

Sofia and work has got back to normal Ingie so I can shove it around a bit when I meet certain books.

Therese Sofia, since you are finished, you have reached 70 %....What did you think of (view spoiler)

Sofia (view spoiler)

Therese Sofia wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Sofia (last edited Mar 03, 2016 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia I would even stay away because of the cold Therese, i wait for the sun to warm the water first, let alone the other stuff. On the other hand I've driven in storms with danger of flood, so not so sensible there. :-)

message 36: by Ingie (last edited Mar 03, 2016 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie @41% and starting to hope for some tiny small romantic signs. Will there be any in this book?

message 37: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Kicks RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Kicks Ingela wrote: "Cindy wrote: "DEEZNUTS!!!!!"

Excuse me?!?!"

OMG INGELA IS HACKING AND SHE SAID DEEZNUTS!!!!!

Sofia Ingela wrote: "@41% and starting to hope for some tiny small romantic signs. Will there be any in this book?"

Patience my friend, the ice needs to start melting : P

message 40: by Rosa, really (new) - added it

Rosa, really Okay, it's 330, I'm on the couch, I'm ready to go.

Oh shit, I need tea.

Okay, it's 336, I'm on the couch, I've got my tea, I'm ready to go.

Ingie Fell a sleep after 43%. Will continue on the bus. See you all tonight.

Any thoughts yet Rosa?

message 42: by Ingie (last edited Mar 03, 2016 10:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie I feel I want to know much more abou K. What is he thinking? I truly don't have a clue about him yet halfway done.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "I feel I want to know much more abou K. What is he thinking? I truly don't have a clue about him yet halfway done."

that's what I mean with the melting, slow drip really. I want to know more too Ingie.

Sofia Rosa, really wrote: "Okay, it's 330, I'm on the couch, I'm ready to go.

Oh shit, I need tea.

Okay, it's 336, I'm on the couch, I've got my tea, I'm ready to go."

336 pages? It seemed much shorter.

message 45: by Rosa, really (new) - added it

Rosa, really No, sorry, Sof, I was referring to the time. It was 3:36pm. Or 15:36. However Europeans tell time. ;D

I'm at about 21%? 24% Kindle's in the other room. I'm enjoying the whole Jason (view spoiler) He's a a little Adrien English (of course). And Kennedy is Jake. NATURALLY. :D I'm not feeling the romance much either at this point, except that Jason very reluctantly finds Kennedy attractive and he notices things like the sauce from the Chinese food making Kennedy's lower lip shine. That's romance novel talk for I'M GONNA BONE YOU SO HARD. Or you're gonna bone me. Either/or.

I just finished the scene where Jason goes to that bar (view spoiler) and runs into Boxner. His insinuations worry me. DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

Ingie Boxner isn't a favorite. I just feel ( actually KNOW) it is something odd with him.

Ingie You're better reading those smexy signs than me Rosa :)))))

Ingie Sofia, I smile every time opening this thread watching that beautiful mermaid painting you added. It is just lovely ... I feel her.

message 49: by Rosa, really (new) - added it

Rosa, really Ingela wrote: "You're better reading those smexy signs than me Rosa :)))))"

It's like in an MF romance...if the dude notices the highlights in a woman's hair, it's gonna be luuuuurve.

Sofia I love the colours too Ingie :D

I'm reading your updates Ro and Ingie and I want to tell you so much and I cannot :P

I got the similarities you mentioned Ro but after a while they became themselves. Let's see how you feel later. Anywhich way even if they sometimes remind me of some trait of A & J, I like that because I like those guys too.

« previous 1