Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > March Purchases 2016

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Is your book buying going to start like a lion or a lamb this March? Share your March purchases here.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just received my order from amazon:

Warrior Goddess Training Become the Woman You Are Meant to Be by Heather Ash Amara Outrageous Openness Letting the Divine Take the Lead by Tosha Silver

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Mar 03, 2016 05:27AM) (new)

Got a couple more from Time-Life series books from Thriftbooks: Mound Builders and Cliff Dwellers by Time-Life Books and Ramses II Magnificence on the Nile by Time-Life Books

message 4: by Thom (new)

Mariel (TheCrownedGoddessReads) (marieru) | 88 comments I made an order the first day of march after a three months ban!
Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2) by Scott Lynch

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Mind and Beyond by Time-Life Books Alien Encounters (Mysteries of the Unknown) by Time-Life Books

message 7: by Erin (last edited Mar 08, 2016 06:27AM) (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) | 97 comments The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder by William Anderson

Looking forward to this.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just bought Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10) by S.L. Viehl . I already own a copy, but when I saw this at the Dollar store, I couldn't resist.

message 9: by Shauna (new)

message 10: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Hit the book jack pot today! My husband purchased on Amazon a paperback of "America's First Daughter" by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie. Also got "The Liar" by Nora Roberts in paper, "The Bone Tree" by Greg Isles. Went to a library book fair, spent $15.00 "Around the World in Eighty Days" by Jules Verne miniature collector library edition hardback, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Victor Hugo miniature collector library hardback, "Edge of Eternity" by Ken Follett hardback, "Devil's Punchbowl" by Greg Isles hardback, "Madame Tussaud" by Michelle Moran hardback, "The Courtiers" by Lucy Wolsey hardback, "Long After Midnight by Ray Bradbury hardback, "Visions in Death " By J D Robb hardback, "Innocent in Death" by J D Robb hardback, "Strangers in Death" by J D Robb hardback, " A Patriots Handbook" edited by Caroline Kennedy hardback, " An Offer from a Gentleman" by Julia Quinn paper, "Together Again" by Debbie Macomber paper, " The Lost Years" by Mary Higgens Clark paper, " Shattered Silk" by Barbara Michaels paper. Wow

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments Ordered from Amazon: The Skinjacker Trilogy Everlost / Everwild / Everfound (Skinjacker, #1-3) by Neal Shusterman Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey, #3) by Richard Paul Evans The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1) by Richard Paul Evans Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5) by Richard Paul Evans Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4) by Richard Paul Evans Death Weavers (Five Kingdoms, #4) by Brandon Mull

message 13: by Joseph (new)

I had a blast this weekend at C2E2, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. I came home with 5 free ARCs: Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire #1) by Michael J. Sullivan A Hundred Thousand Worlds by Bob Proehl Hilo Book 2 Saving the Whole Wide World by Judd Winick Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1) by Scott Sigler
4 free books: A New Dawn (Star Wars) by John Jackson Miller The Devourers by Indra Das The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin Clash of Eagles (The Clash of Eagles Trilogy #1) by Alan Smale
and 3 books I bought: A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro Working Stiff (Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. #5) by Kevin J. Anderson Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry

message 14: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie
I said I won't buy anything for a while since I have no more room for books but I failed. I bought one, just an hour ago, the temptation was just to big :(

message 15: by Joseph (new)

Lára wrote: "The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie
I said I won't buy anything for a while since I have no more room for books but I failed. I bought one, just an hour ago, the temptation was just to big :("

Lára, there is always room for books. Just get rid of things in the way like the sofa or bed. ;-)

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments I agree with Joseph!

message 17: by Wendy (new)

Wendy  (breezy259) | 11 comments I just bought 22 books for under $50 at Better World Books online. All are in excellent condition and 11 are hard copies! PLUS Better World Books makes a donation to world literacy for every book purchased! It's a win-win! If you haven't checked them out, I hope you will go to www.betterworldbooks.com and do so.

message 18: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments I knew you people would understand me.

message 19: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Wow... I haven't bought anything all month... I think something's wrong with me.

message 20: by Karen M (last edited Mar 26, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments As usual I'm buying more than I'm reading:

Trust No One by Gregg Hurwitz
Coyote Waits by Tony Hillerman
Some Lie and Some Die by Ruth Rendell
The Ballad of Frankie Silver by Sharyn McCrumb
Come to Grief by Dick Francis
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin

I realized I hadn't used a B&N gift card from Christmas so it was like Christmas all over again! Technically this purchase was 2/29 but it felt like March. :)

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just received my amazon order: The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets by Barbara G. Walker

message 22: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie aha there we go, picked up a hardcover copy of I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga from BetterWorldBooks :)

message 23: by Cammie (new)

Cammie | 108 comments March purchases

Where Trust Lies (Return to the Canadian West, #2) by Janette Oke So Not Happening (The Charmed Life, #1) by Jenny B. Jones And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers Good at Games by Jill Mansell The Wedding Chapel by Rachel Hauck I'll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones