Contemporary YA discussion

The 100 (The 100, #1)
This topic is about The 100
YA Books Made into TV Shows > The 100 by Kass Morgan Books into TV

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

Ever since a devastating nuclear war, humanity has lived on spaceships far above Earth's radioactive surface. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents -- considered expendable by society -- are being sent on a dangerous mission: to recolonize the planet. It could be their second chance at life...or it could be a suicide mission.

CLARKE was arrested for treason, though she's haunted by the memory of what she really did. WELLS, the chancellor's son, came to Earth for the girl he loves -- but will she ever forgive him? Reckless BELLAMY fought his way onto the transport pod to protect his sister, the other half of the only pair of siblings in the universe. And GLASS managed to escape back onto the ship, only to find that life there is just as dangerous as she feared it would be on Earth.

Confronted with a savage land and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the hundred must fight to survive. They were never meant to be heroes, but they may be mankind's last hope.

Post your comments about The 100 here. We may have different opinions so be nice and respectful, but most of all... have fun.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
This is one of the few examples were the adaptation is WAY better than the original material. I love the tv show and despite being a little bit behind in the new season, I always look forward to see what will happen next. The show is action packed, sure, but it also focus on the relationships between the characters, the fight for survival and the moral struggle entailed in doing certain things to ensure the survival of the group. It has amazing character development and a great plot, with engaging characters. When I found out there was a book series, I bought the trilogy without thinking and dived into it the first chance I got.

I'm sad to say that the books are the opposite of what the show offers. The book itself is small, but it's not a fast read, dragging at parts, with a little bit of action only at parts, mainly the very end of each book, focusing way more than it should in teen romance than in the actual building of relationships among the 100, it barely show any struggle for survival till at least mid-book 2, there is barely any character development and lots of unnecessary drama. And let's not comment on the love triangle.

I've only read the first two books and am only going to read the final one because book 2 ended in a cliffhanger and Octavia is a major part of book 3, or so I'm told and she's the only salvageable character in the entire thing. Not exactly badass, Grounder!Octavia from the tv series, but she's more complex and interesting than the rest of the characters.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

The 100 has been renewed for season 4. I'm going to try to make time to watch season 3 this week.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
I'm behind on s3 as well (damn you, college!), but I have only a test next friday and then I'M GLORIOUSLY FREE FOR 2 WHOLE WEEKS! I'm catching up on my tv shows and books then, so hopefully I'll get to finish this season.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Natália wrote: "I'm behind on s3 as well (damn you, college!), but I have only a test next friday and then I'M GLORIOUSLY FREE FOR 2 WHOLE WEEKS! I'm catching up on my tv shows and books then, so hopefully I'll ge..."

Studies always come first. 2 Weeks Free sounds amazing! I'm taking the first 2 weeks of July off and I can't wait. My parents, siblings, 5 nephews and 1 (perfect) niece all get together for the 4th of July and two weeks of summer fun every year.

Too many good books that I want to listen to now are in the way of catching up on my TV so I haven't started season 3 yet. I have an all day conference on Sat. so maybe Sunday??

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Chai Romruen has been cast for a recurring role in the fourth season of the CW’s "The 100."

Romruen will play Ilan, a Grounder haunted by the horrors he committed while under Alie’s (Erica Cerra) control.

Romruen is best known for his role on Netflix series Mako Mermaids, which just debuted its fourth season, and he recently wrapped the movie "We Were Tomorrow."