Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Leprechaun Event: Visit the Wishing Well

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Mar 01, 2016 06:37AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod

Visit the Wishing Well

Using book titles or covers, visit the wishing well and make a wish to earn some Leprechaun Coins! Use at least 4 books in your wish.

Example of a wish:
With the Toss of a Coin I wish to enter the Carnival of Souls and Warm Bodies and give my Lover Eternal The Wicked Kiss so he can see through the Web of Lies and together we will save The Kingdom from being Frost Burned. Only then we can wish for the end of the Shadowfever and have our Lover Awakened.

Prizes:
- For each book read: 2 Leprechaun Coins.
- When the wish is all completed: An additional 3 Leprechaun Coins.

Once you have read your wish you may repeat the challenge for additional coins. Challenge must be completed before starting another round.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Mar 29, 2016 08:37AM) (new)

Melissa | 2767 comments Completed Wish 1 - 11 LC
With the use of A Darker Shade of Magic, I wish to request the help of The Iron Queen and the The Iron Knight to save the Vanishing Girls and bring order back to the kingdom.

Darker Shade of Magic - completed 3/17
The Iron Queen - completed 3/6
The Iron Knight - completed 3/10
Vanishing Girls - completed 3/1

Completed Wish 2 - 14 LC
I am called the Rebel Queen and I weep for my power which has been Stolen: A Letter to My Captor written in Ink and Bone begs for its release. I hope he chooses wisely. If not, I wish A Gathering of Shadows will settle upon the Kingdom for A Thousand Nights bringing Panic and death.

Rebel Queen completed 3/28
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor completed 3/8
Ink and Bone completed 3/15
A Gathering of Shadows completed 3/24
A Thousand Nights completed 3/19
Panic completed 3/25

message 6: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments Melissa wrote: "With the use of A Darker Shade of Magic, I wish to request the help of The Iron Queen and the Heir of Fire to save the Vanishing Girls..."

Nice wish. But I think you have to read the books in March.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2767 comments Reva wrote: "Melissa wrote: "With the use of A Darker Shade of Magic, I wish to request the help of The Iron Queen and the Heir of Fire to save the [book:Vanishing..."

I am planning on reading these ones in March :)

Are we not supposed to write out our wish first? Or do we have to read the books before we post our wish?

message 8: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments Melissa wrote: "Reva wrote: "Melissa wrote: "With the use of A Darker Shade of Magic, I wish to request the help of The Iron Queen and the Heir of Fire to save the [b..."

You might want to check with the mods re: this.

message 9: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Usually you read your books first, but it can work both ways. You just won't get any coins before you read your wish-books

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2767 comments ❀Tea❀ wrote: "Usually you read your books first, but it can work both ways. You just won't get any coins before you read your wish-books"

Ok - thanks for clarifying! I'll just leave it for now but next time I'll make sure I read the books before posting.

Reva - thanks to you too :)

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2802 comments I'll Play

With The Gracekeepers

The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan 3/2/16

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 4205 comments I love this type of challenge! Count me in! I'll have to see what books I can come up with.

message 13: by Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (last edited Mar 25, 2016 03:02PM) (new)

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 4205 comments Visit The Wishing Well
Wishes Made: 4
Coins Earned: 44

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

✗ - WISH #1 - Completed: Mar 6, 2016 / Deposited Coins: Mar 8, 2016
Coins: 8 (4 books) + 3 (1 wish) = 11 Points
(view spoiler)
Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3) by Cindy Gerard Diamond Bay by Linda Howard Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Veiled (Alex Verus, #6) by Benedict Jacka
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

✗ - WISH #2 - Completed: March 11, 2016
Coins: 8 (4 books) + 3 (1 wish) = 11 COINS
(view spoiler)
The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1) by Geralyn Dawson On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Black Rose (In the Garden trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

✗ - WISH #3 Completed: March 14, 2016
(view spoiler)
Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop Red Lily (In the Garden, #3) by Nora Roberts Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

✗ - WISH #4
(view spoiler)
The Escape (John Puller, #3) by David Baldacci Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

WISH #5

"Wish Under Construction"
✔︎ 1. Then Came You by Jill Shalvis |★★★★| Mar 20
✔︎ 2. Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews |★★★★★| Mar 23
✔︎ 3. Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs |★★★★| Mar 22
✔︎ 4. Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble |★★★★| Mar 25

Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5) by Jill Shalvis Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs Blue Moon Promise (Under Texas Stars, #1) by Colleen Coble
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 1469 comments Visit the Wishing Well

Wish #1

message 15: by Natasha (last edited Mar 28, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Natasha | 816 comments Visit the Wishing Well

Wish #1

1. The Lazarus Game
2. Inherit the Stars
3. A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

message 16: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 187 comments Visit the Wishing Well

Wish #1

message 17: by Jacki (last edited Mar 14, 2016 10:48AM) (new)

Jacki | 236 comments Visit the Wishing Well

Wish #1

1. Joyland-3/4/2016 ★1/2
2. Glass Sword - 3/5/2016 ★★★ 1/2
3. The Cure for Dreaming-3/8/2016 ★★★
4. Armada-3/13/2016 ★★

"My deepest wish is to take control of the entire armada using only my glass sword - we would then sail to Joyland to uncover the cure for dreaming"

Joyland by Stephen King Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters Armada by Ernest Cline

message 18: by Corinne (last edited Mar 10, 2016 08:50PM) (new)

Corinne | 86 comments Visit the Wishing Well

1. Fahrenheit 451 ~ Finished 3/3
2. The Jungle Book ~ Finished 3/6
3. Why Not Me? ~ Finished 3/9
4. 11/22/63 ~ Finished 3/10

A week before 11/22/63 and the tragedy that day would bring, on a day that felt like it was Fahrenheit 451 and I was stuck in The Jungle Book, I stared into the well. I thought of all the wishes that had been made: all those that were broken and all those that had come true. And I couldn't help but wish for my true love's kiss, because if anyone's wishes were to become a reality... Why Not Me?

message 19: by Daphne (last edited Mar 06, 2016 07:51PM) (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments Visting the Wishing Well

Wish #1 - 19 Coins
I wish to visit The Rowan and her trusty trio of advisors, Yendi, Teckla, and Taltos at The House That Jack Built. Once there, I will prove I have The Right Attitude to Rain in the hopes that they will give me a map and Notes from a Small Island. This fabled map and collection of notes is said to lead treasures of knowledge in the Temple of Secrets.

1: Yendi 3/1
2: Teckla 3/1
3: The House That Jack Built 3/2
4: The Right Attitude to Rain 3/3
5: Temple of Secrets 3/4
6: Taltos 3/4
7: The Rowan 3/5
8: Notes from a Small Island 3/5

"Karsyn is the BEST Leprechaun mod!"

message 20: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Mar 08, 2016 07:44PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments I need the help of the King and a Fair Coin to take away The 5th Wave and bring back All the Bright Places so we can have our Mods back to normal.

Books Read: 2/4
King 3/7 4☆ 2 coins
Fair Coin
The 5th Wave
All the Bright Places 3/3 4☆ 2 coins

message 21: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments I like that wish Carmen! :)

message 23: by Jo-Jo (last edited Mar 14, 2016 10:23PM) (new)

Jo-Jo | 686 comments Wish 1 Books Read: 4/4
Deposited 11 LC

I wish that Dovey Coe and the River Boy would be exposed as the imposters they are so that I could announce my identity as The Lost Heiress and a Rebirth of peace could begin.
lol
Rebirth
Dovey Coe
The Lost Heiress
River Boy

Wish 2 Books Read: 3/4
The Tudor Secret
The Diary of Ma Yan: The Struggles and Hopes of a Chinese Schoolgirl
Ready Player One

message 24: by Rylie (last edited Mar 06, 2016 03:15PM) (new)

Rylie | 298 comments Wishing well, I wish for a Green Angel with a hearty disposition and powerful wings because I want to be flown to the highest point in the world. From there, I will be in a prime position to spot the Moon-Flash, if I pay close enough attention, which has been predicted to bring incredible fortune to anyone who catches a glimpse of it.
If it is too difficult to find me a green angel, you could also transport me to the legendary Paradise of the Blind, where it is said that they don't have to see the moon flash with their eyes, but they can feel it with their hearts. Because they all specialize in the Things Not Seen, and they can passively experience the moon flash instead of having to pay really really close attention to it, they live in incredible good fortune where no one gets sick, and Hunger doesn't plague them.
If I could only see the moon flash with my own eyes, or harness the powers of those living in the Paradise of the blind, then I could be the Luckiest Girl Alive and I could help myself and so many others in the world gain Everything, Everything we could possibly desire.
I know it's only a prophesy, but wishing well, I would like to quest after it anyway!

Books read: 7-7
LC: 17!

message 25: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments Rylie wrote: "Wishing well, I wish for a Green Angel with a hearty disposition and powerful wings because I want to be flown to the highest point in the world. From there, I will be in a prime posi..."

I loved reading your wish Rylie! I will have to step up my game for my 2nd quest

message 26: by Daphne (last edited Mar 11, 2016 05:57PM) (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments Wish #2 - 23 Coins

I wish to go on an epic adventure with the infamous Rogue Male pirate, Lucky Jim. Here's to hoping for fair winds, smooth sailing, and no kraken attacks Beneath Still Waters. Once we dock, I'd like to treck through the jungles to The Great Zoo of China. Maybe we'll be able to ride a dragon!

After a full day of adventures, we will visit The Castle ruled, rather haphazardly if I'm being honest, by Prince of Fools. A great feast will be had - full of busty wenches and a banquet of Every Dead Thing the realm has to offer. It shall be Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal.

Unfortunately, I fear Lucky Jim is a bit too free with his hands on the wenches after a long night of feasting and drinking. We will have to flee in the dead of night, and seek Asylum in a musty barn. Hopefully the hangover and horrid sleeping arrangements will teach Lucky Jim a few lessons and he will learn The Importance of Being Earnest and lead a more respectable pirate tour guide life after our adventure.

1: Beneath Still Waters 3/7/16
2: Asylum 3/7/16
3: Lucky Jim 3/7/16
4: The Great Zoo of China 3/8/16
5: Prince of Fools 3/8/16
6: Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal 3/8/16
7: The Importance of Being Earnest 3/9/16
8: Rogue Male 3/10/16
9: Every Dead Thing 3/11/16
10: The Castle 3/11/16

message 27: by Rylie (new)

Rylie | 298 comments Daphne wrote: "Rylie wrote: "Wishing well, I wish for a Green Angel with a hearty disposition and powerful wings because I want to be flown to the highest point in the world. From there, I will be i..."

Thank you! The whole thing started with your idea, for Luckiest Girl Alive. :) Then it all just flowed from there.

message 28: by Samantha (last edited Mar 08, 2016 12:22AM) (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 795 comments Ok, let's give this a shot:
V for Vendetta (3/4/16)
The Outsiders (3/5/16)
Seduce Me at Sunrise (3/7/16)
Red Queen (3/7/16)

I wish to be one with The Outsiders, with an overflowing of love: L for the long nights walking on the beach, O for the overwhelming amount or tenderness that can't compare to the Red Queen's kindness, V for Vendetta that I wish to take on all those who broke my heart before, and E for the everlasting future outside of the norm. I wish that my outsider will Seduce Me at Sunrise, so I may treasure every morning with the love in his eyes.

message 29: by JoLene (last edited Mar 08, 2016 04:42PM) (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 705 comments Haven't done anything like this before:

Oh wishing well, I need to find The Poison Artist who is hidden in McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories before he causes a Death at Wentwater Court In Cold Blood.

Books completed:
The Poison Artist - 3/5
McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories - 3/1
Death at Wentwater Court - 3/7
In Cold Blood - 3/2

Coins: 2 x 4 +3 = 11

message 30: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 705 comments How do you do this using covers???

message 31: by Rylie (new)

Rylie | 298 comments I just love reading everyone's wishes. :) Possibly one of my favorite challenges to check on for all of the creativity.

message 32: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments JoLene wrote: "How do you do this using covers???"

What do you mean?

Rylie wrote: "I just love reading everyone's wishes. :) Possibly one of my favorite challenges to check on for all of the creativity. ?"

Totally agree!

message 33: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 705 comments At the first post, it says using titles or covers.

message 34: by Rylie (new)

Rylie | 298 comments JoLene wrote: "At the first post, it says using titles or covers."

Given my visual impairment, and the fact that because of it, I'll never use covers for this challenge, I honestly have no idea how covers could be used in something like this. I'm a bit curious myself...

message 35: by Sonia (last edited Mar 09, 2016 03:28AM) (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments I should have thought of a cover to use the example... Okay, so my creativity is a little low, let's see what I can manage.

I wish for a pair of glass slippers and a fabulous white dress to attend the Witch Ball. It is said that whoever gets the crown at the end of the ball, will have a Year of Wonders.

using book covers for glass slippers, white dress, crown, the wish will be like this:

I wish for a pair of The Glass Slipper Project by Dara Girard and a fabulous The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass to attend the Witch Ball. It is said that whoever gets the Project Princess (The Princess Diaries, #4.5) by Meg Cabot at the end of the ball, will have a Year of Wonders.

message 36: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments Basically is using the items on the cover to make for a word or expression.

message 37: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments For those who are curious, it was a challenge idea first created by Lisarenee, and it has been a success since then.

message 38: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "I need the help of the King and a Fair Coin to take away The 5th Wave and bring back All the Bright Places so we can have our Mods ba..."

awwww so cute!

Love it :)

message 39: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 705 comments Cool --- I get the cover thing now --- may have to try on my next wish. Hopefully all my books wouldn't be about murders and mayhem like the first ones read this month.

message 40: by Lesley (last edited Mar 27, 2016 06:58AM) (new)

Lesley (laparks) | 729 comments Wish #1

Oh wishing well, I have Unfinished Business with you, as the wish I made on the Angel Moon last night has not come true yet. Since I have such An Igniting Attraction to young, handsome men, my sole wish is for a Trophy Husband of my own.

Unfinished Business Nora Roberts 3/7/16
Angel Moon Kerri Mortenson 3/6/16
An Igniting Attraction Stef Ann Holm 3/10/16
Trophy Husband Lauren Blakely 3/5/16

4 books x 2 coins =8 plus 3 for completing = 11 Leprechaun coins

Wish #2
Oh wishing well, This Time Around for my wish #2, my Hope Ignites that it will come true and remain true Until the End. I wish to never repeat The 8 Mistakes of Amy Maxwell.

This Time Around Ellie Grace 3/26/16
Hope Ignites Jaci Burton 3/13/16
Until the End Abbi Glines 3/20/16
The 8 Mistakes of Amy Maxwell Heather Balog 3/20/16

Wish #2: 4 books x 2 coins =8 plus 3 for completing = 11 Leprechaun coins

Wish #3
Oh wishing well, wishing well, I fear that for wish #3, I'm already In Too Deep. I am still freaked out from finding Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse at the bakery yesterday, so today I will find solace by Finding Southern Comfort with a boy who is Too Wilde to Tame

In Too Deep Tracey Alvarez 3/26/16
Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse Harper Lin 3/25/16
Finding Southern Comfort Barbara Lohr 3/27/16
Too Wilde to Tame Janelle Denison 3/17/16

Wish #3: 4 books x 2 coins =8 plus 3 for completing = 11 Leprechaun coins

message 41: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 86 comments Finished my first wish... now! Wish #2

Visit the Wishing Well

1. Splintered ~ reading

message 42: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Greenie O'Knuckles makes Wish #1:

I wish for The Shadow Queen to stop those who have been Supernaturally Deadshifted from learning the Secrets of the Dragon Tomb. :-)

That's four books, so that's one wish, yes? So I get 2x4 + 3 coins? 11 coins total? :-)

The Shadow Queen - Finished 03/02/2016.
Supernaturally - Finished 03/03/2016.
Deadshifted - Finished 03/05/2016.
Secrets of the Dragon Tomb - Finished 03/08/2016.

message 43: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments Jen wrote: "Greenie O'Knuckles makes Wish #1:

I wish for The Shadow Queen to stop those who have been Supernaturally Deadshifted from learning the [book:Secrets ..."

Yep.

message 44: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Thanks, Sonia. I'm always glad to learn I'm doing something right. ;-)

message 45: by Reva (last edited Mar 12, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments Wish #1 = 23 LC

Having met Rodrigo in February and spent virtually a Holiday with a Stranger Romancing the Chef, I find myself Caught In His Gilded World .

I wish to go back to Brazil in May where given enough time I might find myself satisfying The Innocent's Sinful Craving After You spend time Unwrapping The Castelli Secret and Waking Up Wed and available For His Eyes Only forever more.

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 795 comments Wish #2: 11 LC
I wish to hear The Last Lecture of the founder of the Dead Poets Society. He grew to be a wise man full of life and knowledge, withstanding The Crucible of his time, the Holocaust. I wish for this because it is so far from me now. His life lessons are now between The Old Man and the Sea, where he spent his last days.

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Wish #1 = 11 LCs

Sprinkles O'Knuckles, A Great and Terrible Beauty, throws a bunch of Bloodroot flowers and a ribbon wrapped package of Letters to the Lost into the wishing well and wishes all her enemies would be served a nice big Quiche of Death.

message 48: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Wish #2 = 11 LCs
Sprinkles O'Knuckles, sneaks away from her Crowned and moldering Antiques Chop to visit the wishing well and wishes that Mrs. Dalloway will succeed in her Ender's Game.

message 49: by Imagination (new)

Imagination Meg (imaginationmeg) | 60 comments Wish #1 = 11 LCs
I call upon the Voice of Gods to grant me this wish: save the Red Queen on the next Unclouded Day, for the The Princes Of Panajin: Volume I attack the next time the sun doth appear.

message 50: by Jen (last edited Mar 15, 2016 10:32PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Greenie O'Knuckles makes Wish #2:

Oh, great and mighty wishing well, please grant me Morrigan's Cross so that I can travel to the Dance of the Gods and be saved from being Bloodshifted due to the fact that there's Much Ado about Magic going on right now. :-)

That's four more books, so that's another wish. So I get 2x4 + 3 coins = 11 coins total. :-)

Morrigan's Cross - Finished 03/12/2016.
Dance of the Gods - Finished 03/14/2016.
Bloodshifted - Finished 03/10/2016.
Much Ado about Magic - Finished 03/07/2016.

« previous 1