Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Leprechaun Event: The Green Room (Leprechaun Chat)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 284 (284 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31132 comments Mod

The Green Room

A place to hang out and chat with your fellow leprechaun lovers.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 6: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 7: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments To be sure, don't you know, I'm Sprinkles Mc Woozy. Glad to be meeting everyone. :-D

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2813 comments Glad to meet you Sprinkles McWoozy!!

I am also Sprinkles McWoozy!!!

This should be fun :D

message 9: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (laparks) | 729 comments I'm Stumpy McFeverish!!!

Looking forward to playing along!!

message 10: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments ...I'm Warty McSmelly...

...I'm one sexy leprechaun.

message 11: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments Daphne wrote: "...I'm Warty McSmelly...

...I'm one sexy leprechaun."

The belle of the Irish Ball.

message 12: by Reva (last edited Mar 01, 2016 07:32AM) (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments I like the pot of gold. :-)

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1101 comments I'm Clumsy O'Rainbow.....lol. I think Sprinkles McWoozy is a doozy of a name :)

message 14: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments Jenn wrote: "I'm Clumsy O'Rainbow.....lol. I think Sprinkles McWoozy is a doozy of a name :)"

Thanks. There's two of us so double the dooziness.

message 15: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments This is SOOOO cool. I'm still trying to take it all in. I know we were promised something big and interesting for March, but this exceeds all expectations. :)

message 16: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments For the goal books for On the Road...Do we just keep track for ourselves?

Or

Will one of the mods keep a spreadsheet. -- in which case do we post the books read here?

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2813 comments I think I read in one of the threads that a tracking thread will be posted in a day or so.

message 18: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Daphne wrote: "This is SOOOO cool. I'm still trying to take it all in. I know we were promised something big and interesting for March, but this exceeds all expectations. :)"

So glad you like it, and it's just beginning!! We've got a bunch of things in store for y'all!! :)

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Good'ay everyone! My name is Sprinkles O'Knuckles!!
(Kind of wishing I hadn't legally changed my last name yet haha)

message 20: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Reva wrote: "For the goal books for On the Road...Do we just keep track for ourselves?

Or

Will one of the mods keep a spreadsheet. -- in which case do we post the books read here?"

We're still working that out, it will likely be a speadsheet and we will have it and a thread for it up within a day or two.

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Quick Question, it says "Click "Notify me when people comment" at the bottom of the thread to be notified when updates are posted. " in the Puzzles and Challenges thread...but since it's frozen we can't do that....or am I not seeing it.

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1101 comments RebeccaS wrote: "Good'ay everyone! My name is Sprinkles O'Knuckles!!
(Kind of wishing I hadn't legally changed my last name yet haha)"

Hmm....the last name sounds like you like to fight....but the sprinkles makes it seem like girly.

message 23: by Reva (new)

Reva (revans) | 2481 comments I'm confused about the multiple use of books. Can you please explain more thoroughly.

The experience points that we're earning, are those for the Novel Kingdom?

also
If, for example, I use a dark blue cover for a dark cover-- can I also use it for a blue cover the Rainbow Quest?

message 24: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (faeriesfolly) | 522 comments Greenie O'Rainbow

:D Works for me since my favorite color is green!

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane HELLO ALL, Sprinkles O'Bourbon here. Cousin from under the hill to all ye other Sprinkles'!

message 26: by Karen D (new)

Karen D | 785 comments Greenie McMuffin here!

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2813 comments Alyssa wrote: "HELLO ALL, Sprinkles O'Bourbon here. Cousin from under the hill to all ye other Sprinkles'!"

Glad to see you again cousin!! :)

message 28: by Rylie (new)

Rylie | 298 comments *says in an airy-fairy voice*
I'm Dreamy McCloud. It's a dream to meet you all!

I had to repost; my post disappeared...or I hit the wrong button. :D

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Alyssa wrote: "HELLO ALL, Sprinkles O'Bourbon here. Cousin from under the hill to all ye other Sprinkles'!"

Welcome Sprinkles cousin!

message 30: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane So, is this like, a group activity? Or are we really all individually trying to read 20 books this March just for this alone?
I'm not sure what you all are talking about about On the Road and a thread to track our books/progress? I think I'm missing something ._.

message 31: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane Oh wait.. now I'm seeing all the other pages. I'm so caught up in our RPG I didn't realize this was in its way, so separate. haha

message 32: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane I do second Reva's question though - If we're playing this as part of the RPG, do books used for these quests just count for these quests (I'm guessing yes, since the pot of gold is a prize towards that game.)
And then do these Leprechaun coins not mean much to us specifically if we're not participating in the whole Leprechaun take-over challenge, or will those coins be used for something RPG related too.?
Thanks!

message 33: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Some answers ~

1: We thought you could be notified even if the thread was locked. Sorry about that. The thread has been unlocked now, so you can click to be notified. Hopefully it'll stay fairly clear of other chatter so you are only getting the daily updates.

2: I personally can't speak for the Novel Kingdom / Quest side, but from what I read, your experience here with the Leprechaun Quest WILL transfer over to your overall Novel Kingdom Quest.

3: You can not use the same book in the same challenge/quest. You can use one book for both "Road to" and a Quest, but not one book for two different "Road to" days. I assume that it's the same for quests, however give me some time to check with Mistress Kelly about that.

4: This is for the group, Alyssa, but not done as a team or anything. It is for individuals and what you have to do is pick and choose what you want to do. This is just the start, so we're not expecting you to read what amounts to, so far, at least 50 books. Much more will be coming. You choose what you want to do, as little or as much as you want. Tracking will be to track what you are doing as well as the coins you receive for what you do. The coins will be tallied up and there will be "winners". Not all coins will be earned through reading books. There will also be games, puzzles and other things to help you earn coins.

Hope this helps?

message 34: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane It did! We've been directing the same questions at Kelly in our Local Tavern as well :) I wasn't sure if this was similar to the plague we had last year or not at first, but now I think I've got it figured out.
Thank you that was very helpful!

message 35: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Alyssa wrote: "It did! We've been directing the same questions at Kelly in our Local Tavern as well :) I wasn't sure if this was similar to the plague we had last year or not at first, but now I think I've got it..."

Ok good, I've let Kelly know y'all have questions I can't answer. Sorry about that. I know Kelly is at work, so just be patient with her if she can't answer y'all right away.

Glad I could help some!

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane Oh we understand. It's no rush! This stuff is awesome I'm very excited to work on it this month. :D

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Melissa wrote: "Glad to meet you Sprinkles McWoozy!!

This should be fun :D"

This was almost my name too!! Good thing I've recently changed my last name, so we won't be confused by our twin names ;)

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Ok, trying to get through all the NRPG/LRPG questions. Let me know if I miss any.

Experience points that you earn are for Novel RPG. The quests will continue to live after March but Leprechaun Coins will be useless after the Leprechaun Event. (I'll probably go through and clean them up after this event ends.)

You can only use a single book for a single quest in the LRPG. However, a book you use in LRPG could also be used in some of the other challenges going on (like Leprechaun dress up). So you can't use the same book for two different LRPG quests.

The Leprechan Coins will only be for the March event. They won't be used specifically for RPG (that's where your xp and pot of gold come in.)

And for comments on the multiplayer vs single player :P There's still plans in the works for another multi-player RPG event but that is not this one :)

message 39: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane Perfect! That was very thorough thank you! And I'm excited for a multi-player event since I missed last years so I can't wait for it! Thanks again Kelly for all that you do this is all wonderful.

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2813 comments Thank you all for the explanations!

I am so excited to start this. :)

message 41: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2813 comments RebeccaS wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Glad to meet you Sprinkles McWoozy!!

This should be fun :D"

This was almost my name too!! Good thing I've recently changed my last name, so we won'..."

There is already two of us! We could have been triplets.

message 42: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 854 comments I'm Sprinkles McSullied.

message 43: by Sara Ⓥ (new)

Sara Ⓥ | 1273 comments Hi everyone! Goldie McFeverish here :D

message 44: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 937 comments *pours a drink for Sprinkles and Goldie*

message 45: by Cathy M. (new)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Daphne wrote: "...I'm Warty McSmelly...

...I'm one sexy leprechaun."

Hey we have the same name! I too am called Warty McSmelly :D

This looks so fun! Looking forward to playing this!

message 46: by Rylie (new)

Rylie | 298 comments OK sooo...

I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Is there a leprechaun name generator or something that I'm not seeing? Everyone is getting the same names and then you're all like, eh, I guess that'll work, or that'll be fun, like you aren't making them up yourselves.
I just thought everyone was making up names, but more and more it seems as though there's a piece of this puzzle that I'm missing...

message 47: by Sara Ⓥ (new)

Sara Ⓥ | 1273 comments Nice to see so many familiar leprechauns ;-)

message 48: by Cathy M. (new)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Rylie it's here (under Leprechaun Role-Playing Game)!

message 49: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Rylie wrote: "OK sooo...

I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Is there a leprechaun name generator or something that I'm not seeing? Everyone is getting the same names and then you're all like, eh, I ..."

Rylie there is image in Leprechaun RPG thread that goes by your initials. Each letter has a name next to it.
Since you are having troubles with images (☺), you can also use
leprechaun name generator :)

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Lane Rylie, it's an image where you get two words, one for the last initial of your first name, and another for your first initial of your last name? What's your last name initial and I can get your name for you if you'd like. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6