Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Killer Hair (Crime of Fashion, #1)
This topic is about Killer Hair
Featured Series and Cozies > Crime of Fashion by Ellen Byerrum

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Mar 01, 2016 05:08AM) (new)

Nell | 2660 comments Mod
The theme for March is Clothes/Fashion and the featured series is Crime of Fashion by Ellen Byerrum. Lacey Smithsonian is a fashion reporter in Washington, DC. She writes a column titled "Crimes of Fashion". The first book in the series is Killer Hair.
Killer Hair (Crime of Fashion, #1) by Ellen Byerrum

Other books in the series are:
Designer Knockoff (Crime of Fashion, #2) by Ellen Byerrum Hostile Makeover (Crime of Fashion, #3) by Ellen Byerrum Raiders of the Lost Corset (Crime of Fashion, #4) by Ellen Byerrum Grave Apparel (Crime of Fashion, #5) by Ellen Byerrum Armed and Glamorous (Crime of Fashion, #6) by Ellen Byerrum Shot Through Velvet (Crime of Fashion, #7) by Ellen Byerrum Death on Heels (A Crime of Fashion Mystery #8) by Ellen Byerrum Veiled Revenge (A Crime of Fashion Mystery, #9) by Ellen Byerrum Lethal Black Dress (A Crime of Fashion Mystery, #10) by Ellen Byerrum

Designer Knockoff
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Grave Apparel
Armed and Glamorous
Shot Through Velvet
Death on Heels
Veiled Revenge
Lethal Black Dress

Discuss any books in the series here.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert (rdowens) Well, it looks like I won't be reading this book.

I read almost exclusively on my Kindle. I love it. One of the benefits is being able to adjust the font size. As I age, I recognize reading mass-produced paperbacks is a struggle.

Regarding Killer Hair, it's not available electronically. :( So, for the first time in I don't know how long, I ordered a physical book from Amazon. It arrived today.

Yeah, there's no way my eyes will accommodate reading this.

If anyone is interested in a brand new copy of this, let me know. :)

jaxnsmom | 2440 comments Mod
This is one series where I enjoy the fashion descriptions of the vintage clothing, as well as the fashion crimes in DC. I lived in the DC area for over 15 years - and admit I probably committed some of those crimes - and laugh at the memories of noticing those helmets and bad fashion sense.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert (rdowens) So, not wanting to miss out on this read, I searched and found that the last book in the series, Lethal Black Dress, is available for the Kindle. As a bonus, it is available for free as a Prime member.

I liked this book!

I think the MC, Lacey Smithsonian, is an interesting character and is developed nicely. I really enjoyed the murder. It was cleverly completed and provided an interesting web to untangle to determine the murderer. I am happy to say I pegged the culprit before the denouement.

There were plenty of suspect with good motives. While I thought there were a lot of characters to keep track of, the author did a good job of explaining/developing each so the reader did not become confused.

I would enjoy reading more from this series. Maybe I'll pull out a magnifying glass and tackle the others. :)