The Challenge Factory discussion

Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
This topic is about Marked in Flesh
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Angie & Nichole - Marked in Flesh

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5594 comments Mod
Angie & Nichole - Marked in Flesh

Nichole | 1862 comments Checking in!

Nichole | 1862 comments So I was thinking of reading this one first. I need a shifter book before Friday and since I'm pretty sure this # won't get called for SS I thought I'd take a chance :) I might be able to start it tomorrow night but most likely it will be Wednesday for me. How does that sound for you? I can hold off a little longer if you want. It's not like I don't have 2784725 other shifter books I can read, lol.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Oh that's too funny because I probably have about the same number if not more. I've got my copy. There are 57 chapters with a prologue at the beginning of the book. How many chapters were you thinking of doing? We could do between 6-8 chapters a day if that suits you?

Nichole | 1862 comments Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll be able to limit myself once I start, lol. I can try :) Since I have the audio though, I do usually put any spoilers under a chapter # vs. % so that might help. I still have a few hours left on my current audio and I'm going to finish that first since it's for a team challenge. I should start this tonight or in the morning.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Honestly the chapter numbers were a suggestion not a guideline. I feel the same way about limiting myself especially if the story captures my attention.

Nichole | 1862 comments Okay, I just started! I've only listened to the first chapter and I probably won't get too far tonight but it makes me smile.

Chapter 1- The humans explored and the Others ate them, lol. It just makes me laugh the way they summed it up :)

Nichole | 1862 comments Just started Ch. 5- (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments about halfway through Ch. 16-(view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments I finished yesterday. I've been pretty busy so I wasn't able to stop and make comments like I wanted to :( My in-laws are here through Sunday (Sigh!).

I'll try to come back and make comments after work today.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I finished this a couple of days ago but have not yet done my review for it. Because I'm wavering on how much detail to put in it.

HFL is beyond stupid. The Others will only tolerate disrespect for so long before they take action. I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to do so. Meg and Simon are super cute together.

I especially liked how Meg howled along with Sam and Skippy. Only to be called out on it by The Others. I had to laugh at how frightened Simon became when he found out.

Nichole | 1862 comments Yeah, I'm wondering what the next book will be like now that so many places were wiped out and since communications are at a minimum. We didn't really get enough info about what all is left now and if the Elders are finished with clean-up or was that just the first wave. I want more deets!! :D

Obviously we haven't seen the last of the Elders since we know they're curious about the not-wolf, lol. Although, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I love Simon and Meg together. I'm glad that she's starting to want to take the next steps in their relationship. It seemed like he was pining for her for most of the book. Poor guy, lol. What makes it so sweet is that he is so Other and doesn't think about it the way a human would. He just wants Meg and not in an horndog way. Don't get me wrong, I'll be cheering when/if they ever do the deed!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I do believe The Elders are here to stay. Being that Meg is The Not Wolf for The Elders will definitely have last consequences not yet discovered.