Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Challenge Archives > March madness, St Patty's, and Spring.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
March madness, St Patty's, and Spring.

So what is march madness? Basketball, so hoops, sports, ball, basket, competition, very tall people. St Patty's Day? Irish, Green, Leprauchan, 3 or 4 leaf clover, luck(y), saint of animals, Ireland has no snakes. And Spring, flowers, rain, colors, equinox.

So
1. Read a book with a tall character
2. Read a book with a sport or competition somewhere in the storyline, or a ball, hoops or basket somewhere in it (whether sport related or not), or a very physically fit character.
3. Read a book with a central animal not a snake (shapeshifters can be used, this is a paranormal group :-P)
4. Read a book with a green cover or the words luck, green, or 3rd or 4th in a series. Or even better a leprechaun as a character.
5. Read a book centered in Spring, or with flowers, Rain, or spring colors on the cover.
6. Because I think of Fae or fairy, when I hear Irish, Read a book with Fae, Fairies or Elves.

And the bonus
Read a book with a short character.

So
levels
get to 3- mini me
get all 6- the big kahuna

message 2: by Kissie (last edited Mar 03, 2016 06:24AM) (new)

Kissie Harris (kissakiwi69) | 37 comments I'm going with a mini-me since I have a books with animals, fae, green covers and spring. But no sports (that I know of but if anyone has recommendations and no tall charcters either. :)
Here are my books.
1. Tall, Dark and Panther (Paranormal Dating Agency #5) by Milly Taiden I found a tall book afterall! And an animal!
2. Fae The Wild Hunt (Riven Wyrde Saga #1) by Graham Austin-King Fae!
3. Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga, #1) by S.M. Boyce Green
4. Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) by Eve Langlais flower!

Getting started with Green!

message 3: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Really, it was hard to find tall? I guess I read too many romances and they like to have tall men with average to short women. Never makes sense to me but hey... 6' and above is the norm.

message 4: by Kissie (new)

Kissie Harris (kissakiwi69) | 37 comments Amyiw wrote: "Really, it was hard to find tall? I guess I read too many romances and they like to have tall men with average to short women. Never makes sense to me but hey... 6' and above is the norm."you're right Amyiw...LOL...I have plenty of regular romance novels with a tall leading character....and tiny tiny short waif like women...LOL! I was trying to find one in this genre...I did! Tall , dark and Panther....yummy!

message 5: by Cheryl (last edited Mar 28, 2016 05:48PM) (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 17 comments Finished!

March Madness

Level 6: The Big Kahuna

✔1. Read a book with a tall character.
Amon The Exiled Queen 9 March
✔2. Read a book with a sport somewhere in the storyline.
For a second, he was paralyzed by the memory of her playing basketball with them in a too-short school uniform skirt. Seducing the Playboy 19 March
✔3. Read a book with a central animal not a snake (shapeshifters can be used, this is a paranormal group :-P)
Dead and Kicking 5 March (Werewolf – Cian Nash)
✔4. Read a book 3rd or 4th in a series.
Bound in Black 16 March
✔5. Read a book with spring colors on the cover.
Shadow Game Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan 2 March
✔6. Because I think of Fae or fairy, when I hear Irish, Read a book with Fae, Fairies or Elves.
Hidden Huntress 12 March

And the bonus
Read a book with a short character. Tess
Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan Dead and Kicking (The Harry Russo Diaries, #1) by Lisa Emme The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima Hidden Huntress (The Malediction Trilogy, #2) by Danielle L. Jensen Bound in Black (The Vessel Trilogy, #3) by Juliette Cross Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2) by Amanda Usen

message 6: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (last edited Mar 19, 2016 09:56AM) (new)

Wow, a week into March and I haven't updated my post. I'll push to remember tomorrow.

1. tall character - Alien Mate
2. sport or competition -in Kicking It, "The Parlor" by Lucienne Diver, Gladiatorial fighting ring.
3. Read a book with a central animal Grave Memory not a snake (shapeshifters can be used, this is a paranormal group :-P)
4. Read a book with a green cover or the words luck, green, or 3rd or 4th in a series. Or even better a leprechaun as a character. The Stolen Mackenzie Bride
5. Read a book centered in Spring, or with flowers Beast, Rain, or spring colors on the cover.
6. Fae, Fairies or Elves. -Fury's Kiss

And the bonus
Read a book with a short character.

Read
Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1) by Eve Langlais Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25) by Faith Hunter Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8) by Jennifer Ashley Beast by Judith Ivory Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3) by Karen Chance