The Challenge Factory discussion

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
This topic is about Romancing the Duke
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy, Karen & Elena - Romancing the Duke

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 3 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5585 comments Mod
Krissy, Karen & Elena - Romancing the Duke

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Checking in!

Elena | 1382 comments When do you guys wanna start this one?? :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Soon? I can start between the 3rd to 7th then anytime after 9th.

Elena | 1382 comments works for me .... around 3rd or after 9th are both ok...
Krissy?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Great , so whatever works for Krissy!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments After the 9th then. I don't get my audible credits until the 5th.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok :)

Elena | 1382 comments Ok!

Elena | 1382 comments Ok so I have just started this one...
So far - very , very cute!!!
I love the main character and the "beastly" duke is magnificent :D

Elena | 1382 comments I just realized we said we would start after the 9th, so if you guys aren't ready yet, I shall wait for you - i'll read something else in the meantime :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments I plan on starting in the morning

Elena | 1382 comments KK I will wait :)
I like parallel commenting :)

Elena | 1382 comments any thoughts yet? anyone started?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments (view spoiler)

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments Finished!

I adored this book. (view spoiler)

Elena | 1382 comments Yes!! I loved the fact that it was her!!!

(And totally agree - thebat scene was gross!)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments I freaking hate bats.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments Have you ever seen Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls? That is totally me.

Elena | 1382 comments Just finished now - loved it! Soooo cute!! This is my kind of fairytale!! :))
The only bone i'd even bother to pick with this book was that a few things he said sounded wayyy too modern! Unfortunately i now can't think of an example since i was not by my computer or phone at the time, but 2-3 times i cought myself thinking "im sure they didn't talk like this back then..." Ah well - overall - supercute!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3135 comments That kind of stuff doesn't really bother me. As long as I'm enjoying the book I don't care how historically accurate the facts (or dialogue) are. But I do know it really bothers some people. Which is understandable.

Elena | 1382 comments Hahahaha yes, I saw Ace Venture hahahah , I know what you mean... I hate snakes and spiders... Bats I don't really care much about ...

Elena | 1382 comments It doesn't bother me that much - I just notice it... but this was sill a solid 4* for me... I read a few reviews just now of people who gave it a 1* for all the historical inaccuracies... HAHAHA !
But I get it - if it bothers you that much, you can't really enjoy the book ...
As you said - as long as I'm enjoying the book,. it's fine, although it does take me out of the moment a little bit :) (I think I may even frown when this happens, since my husband asked me yesterday "why are you frowning" a bunch of times:D:D:D:D )

Elena | 1382 comments I remembered one example now . The duke telling one of the Moranglians "you probably still live with your mother!" > haha I don't think this would have been an insult at the time... didn't they all live in their family castles/estates/homes until parents died and kids inherited?! :D

lol, anyways...
I still loved it!!! :D
description

Elena | 1382 comments I wish it were a little longer in the end - for us to find more about evil cousin who swindled him out of his money and castle... we never really find out if the duke got his revenge, etc... I mean, that was a thread that was just left dangling and I would have loved to read a bit more...