The Challenge Factory discussion

Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Rock Addiction
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Elena - Rock Addiction

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5519 comments Mod
Krissy & Elena - Rock Addiction

Elena | 1382 comments Want to start with this one?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments I already have the audiobook checked out of the library so anytime works for me. I have it for 2 weeks so as long as we finish it before the 14th I'm good

Elena | 1382 comments I will start tonight :) that ok?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Perfect

Elena | 1382 comments So far - pretty hot!

I'm about 3 hours in...

The guy is hottt, and he seems too good to be true so far... I mean - a super nice and sexy rock star who doesn't want to get "used" by a woman, but wants a relationship? Really?! :D lol, right!

As for her... I'm always a little weary about these shy-standoffish-don't-want-to-get-hurt-again types of heroines, because I find them unrealistic. In real life, if an amazing guy was all over you - I don't know a single girl who would turn him down just because "she doesn't want to get hurt again!" ... I could be wrong, but in romance novels they use this ALL THE TIME, and I just find it a very far-fetched and non-existent excuse in real life. As I said, no woman I've ever met has ever said "I don't want to fall in love because I'm afraid of getting hurt", while this is a common thing with romance novel heroines. Not my favorite "plot" because, in my own opinion, it's not realistic...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments 18% and we have barely left the bed yet :/ I hope this book has a little more to offer. I've never read this author before so I'm not familiar with her writing style

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments I completely agree with your statement. Especially about the heroine. And of course she's a virgin. Or at least was a virgin. He took care of that pretty quickly

Elena | 1382 comments hahaha yes - he took care of that the first night they met and against a wall...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments 55%
So far it's okay. Nothing I haven't read a hundred other times before though.

Elena | 1382 comments same here.. about 50% ...
yeah, the whole issue with her dad's scandal... ok -sure , it was wrong and gross, but really to me it doesn't seem like such a HUGE deal that would ruin her whole adult life... but then again maybe I'm wrong...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments No, I'm right there with you. Is that enough to give up completely on any kind of love life for the rest of your life? Seems a little extreme to me. And she keeps reiterating that she can't trust ANYBODY yet she has no problem having and trusting friends. So what gives? So far I'm getting an over dramatic vibe from her. She needs to calm her tits.

Elena | 1382 comments yup... drama queen with baggage... :S
description

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Lol! And I just love the part when she got pissed at Fox because he didn't understand her need to not be photographed by the paparazzi when he invited her to the BBQ. Yet she never told him why she was so freaked out about the paparazzi. I guess he was just supposed to know. So how dare he not take it seriously enough. His esp must have been defective that day.

Elena | 1382 comments ... and then gets super pissed at him at the hotel because she saw him standing with a groupie.... > wow, is she in for a surprise if she can't handle one chick ogling her famous boyfriend..I mean, what did she think would happen?! Of course chicks are going to be all over a famous rock star!!! Could she not have been a little bit cool?! - did she have to go into full jealous mode before even talking to him about it and getting the full story?! Why would she jump at conclusions so fast when the poor guy did everything to have her come and join him in Sydney?! trust issues...

Elena | 1382 comments And then AGAIN - a jealous fit over that "redhead" that the newspaper wrote about... Yeah, believe everything you read in a tabloid... Is this chick retarded?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments And the redhead after she swore to him that she would trust him and not jump into an unnecessary jealous rage after the last incident. Fox needs to take his sexy ass somewhere else. Ain't nobody got time for that drama.

message 18: by Elena (last edited Mar 02, 2016 11:46AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1382 comments .....and then having to talk to Noah (band mate) in order to prove Fox's innocence! how embarrassing for Fox to be "dating" such an insecure mess!!!!!

Elena | 1382 comments agreed!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments I guarantee this will not be the last time she flips out before finding out the truth. We are barely over the halfway point. There is still a lot of time left in the book. More Molly tantrums are inevitable. Can't wait.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments This book has officially made it on my "female MC I want to stab with a spork" shelf

message 22: by Elena (last edited Mar 02, 2016 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1382 comments hhaha yes!
I am actually more interested in T-rex and Charlotte! I think I'm gonna have to read an office romance soon :D
Hot CEO , yum... and a feisty secretary?! Lol - so '80s!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Me too!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Truthiest statement that has ever been stated right here:

Molly~ "I'll make an issue out of anything I please"

Yes, Molly. We are well aware of that.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Wait... wait... wait...

She gets pissy if he wants to spend a little $$ on her here and there but then accepts a 15 million dollar trust fund without complaint??

Elena | 1382 comments Krissy wrote: "Truthiest statement that has ever been stated right here:

Molly~ "I'll make an issue out of anything I please"

Yes, Molly. We are well aware of that."

hahahahahahahahahahaha yea, Molly , we know!

Elena | 1382 comments although now I'm at the part where they decided it is going to be more than a month - and he's insisting she leave Australia and go home (where? US? not sure where he lives...) with him . And he keeps being kinda douchy about it ... He keeps repeating "no half
"measures"! Like - dude, wtf?!

She keeps saying "my life and friends are here!"
He - "I'm not!"

Well... ok... but - try to compromise a bit!!

Elena | 1382 comments Krissy wrote: "Wait... wait... wait...

She gets pissy if he wants to spend a little $$ on her here and there but then accepts a 15 million dollar trust fund without complaint??"

whaaaaa??! I'm not there yet, I'm not there yet!!!
hahahahahahahaha I'm speeding up my ipod to double speed now :D

Elena | 1382 comments (I had a meeting, so I had to act professional and actually leave my ipod at my desk for an hour , lol )

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Damn real life and its interfering ways!!

Elena | 1382 comments i know , right?!?! :D

message 32: by Elena (last edited Mar 02, 2016 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1382 comments oh yeah.... $15million trust fund... why not!?
he pays her to feel safe ... gag ...
"why not , i'll use it for shopping for dresses when I go out with you..."

lol... oook

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Lolol

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Now I want Noah and Kit's story too! Sounds like Fox and Molly is the least interesting couple

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments Finished. It was okay. Molly irritated the fuck out of me. And the last 40% of the book felt more like introductions into the rest of the books of the series. We were getting everybody else's story instead of staying with Molly and Fox. (view spoiler). I'm still going to continue the series because I'm really interested in everybody else. Just not so much Molly and Fox

Elena | 1382 comments Yeah, me too! I wanna see how Kit and Noah get together!
Although I thought it was a bit over the top how Kit reacted and now hates Noah... I get it - she caught him having sex with a chick - but Kit and him weren't dating! They were just friends - maybe he didn't know she liked him?! I mean - there has to be a way for him to redeem himself:)

Im almost done, but falling asleep - long day! I didn't have time to finish listening at work (lol!!) and it's a lot harder at home with stuff to do , kid to deal with and people talking to you nonstop :))))))

message 37: by Elena (last edited Mar 03, 2016 10:10AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1382 comments Ok I'm done! Finally :)
Yeah - meh - not amazed by anything I read...
Molly kept being annoying 'till the end.... although she did get a little more mature and less drama-queeney towards the end .. (Even though she did THROW UP when she heard that their sex tape leaked... But I admit, that IS pretty bad, I'd probably wanna throw up too :) ) ... lol....
Overall - meh!

I was also confused by the intro of the half sister - what is the point when we will not be getting into this issue further?! I think maybe the point was to show us that Molly will stand up for her man and not let even his family "bully him" ... Since she totally told him to blow off his sister...

I really want to read about Kit and Noah and T-Rex and Charlotte... I don't have the books yet, but I hope I get them soon.... I don't really care about David and Thea's story... it seems kinda boring, so I think for now I'm skipping that novella...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3112 comments I agree 100%! Maybe we can buddy read book 2 in April?

Elena | 1382 comments Yes!! Deal!