YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Riders (Riders, #1)
This topic is about Riders
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Riders by Veronica Rossi - Start date: March 7, 2016

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Nothing but death can keep eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.

While recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can’t remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen—Conquest, Famine, and Death—are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.

They fail.

Now—bound, bloodied, and drugged—Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he’s fallen for—not to mention all of humankind—he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.

message 2: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Starting this today :)

message 3: by HT (new) - rated it 4 stars

HT (hufsat) | 8 comments Just got to chapter 6. It's slowly starting to get supernatural, but just barely.

message 4: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Chapters 1 - 9
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments It's taking me time to make progress on this.
I'm on chapter 12

(view spoiler)

message 6: by HT (new) - rated it 4 stars

HT (hufsat) | 8 comments I know what you mean. I picked up a bunch of other books last week and finished those, but when I finally sat down with this, it went much faster.

I almost feel like there are too many chapters. Like Chapters 1 and 2 are just the interrogation, Chapter 3 is his story. It's broken up kind of unnecessarily almost. And it's only by chapter 11 that he really meets anyone.

message 7: by HT (new) - rated it 4 stars

HT (hufsat) | 8 comments I like Gideon as a character. He's a little too much about the testosterone, but I'd prefer that over a super poetic kind of guy like we often see in YA.