Better Read Than Dead Book Club discussion

Book Related Discussions > March 2016 What We Saw

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (gabmore) | 257 comments Mod
For those of you who don't know, this book is based on the Steubenville rape case from 2012. I've heard it's a hard book to read, but also that it's a very important read. Are you excited?

message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments I just realized that I forgot to buy this!

message 3: by Gabriella (new)

My copy shipped last week and it doesn't have tracking so I'm going nuts waiting for it. Lol.

message 4: by Gabriella (new)

Do you have a Barnes and Noble membership? Comes in handy. It's $25 for a whole year. You'll get 10% in stores, free shipping online, and loads of coupons.

message 5: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments I do have their membership and it's awesome!

message 6: by Gabriella (new)

Right?! I buy so many freaking books and they're so much cheaper online! Yesterday I ordered the second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book because of the leap day coupon. Do you shop the bargain books? You can find so many hidden gems.

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Has anyone else started reading it? I forgot to update y'all as I went, but holy hell this is an important book. Did anyone else get a funny feeling about Ben the second he was introduced or was that just me? While this book wasn't as hard for me to read as some have made it seem, it was unsettling knowing that it's based on real events. I followed the case a few years back and this book made me angry all over again. Not saying no does not equal consent.

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace Lucy | 58 comments Mod
I am going to pick up my copy of this novel from the library today! I am intrigued by this one.

message 9: by Gabriella (new)

Yay! I'm so excited for you Grace!

message 10: by Grace (new)

So I am about 100 pages in, and this book has me hooked. The incident has only just been mentioned, so I haven't gotten to the super fine detail yet, but I already sympathise so much with Stacey. And I agree Gab, there has to be something Ben is not telling us... I have a feeling he saw it happen and didn't do anything to stop it. Just a theory based on a hunch though, haha

message 11: by Gabriella (new)

Ugh, I'm glad you're making progress because I NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT. But don't the surrounding people make you mad with all their tweets and shit? AHHHHHHH. I wanted to punch them all in the throat. Violence is not the answer, but still.

message 12: by Gabriella (new)

The month is almost over, anyone else planning to read it before then?

message 13: by Grace (new)

Even if you didn't get around to reading the book this month, you should definitely read it in the future.

If you need convincing, here's my review: http://gracelucyreviews.blogspot.com....