message 1: by JP (last edited Apr 30, 2014 10:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 785 comments Mod
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews

Our May Series Read Along is:

MAGIC STRIKES by Ilona Andrews
Kate Daniels #3

Please read and discuss below

message 2: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. | 95 comments Magic Strikes is one of my favorites in the series. I love finding out more about Kate and Jim's childhood. I have re-read this one several times because I love the Midnight Games and the evolution of Kate and Curran's relationship.

Christy (christy_kennedy) | 19 comments This is hands down the best series in Urban Fantasy - imo. The way the world building and character development is written keep me enthralled. Love Kate and Curran. So completely believable as fictional characters and even the secondary characters are well fleshed out. It's hard to choose a favorite, but I think Magic Rises is the best with Magic Bleeds a very close second. Dark, snarky, brutal, this series has it all.

Vera Maslow I am officially sucked into this series. Love it more with each book I read. Just the right amount of humor, love the characters, getting to understand the world a ton more.
I find myself wanting to reread parts where Kate and Curran interact, it's wonderful. (view spoiler)

message 5: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 785 comments Mod
Yes I would probably have to say Kate and Curran are my favorite UF couple

Audrey Jane | 29 comments Yes, Magic Strikes is my favourite out of the series too. Lots of readers say it's the book where the series really takes off. One of my favourite characters is Derek so I felt for him in this one. I hope he gets his hea.
Btw I'm counting the days till the release of Magic Breaks! I really need a time machine.

Bear Randolph I just read this entire series in the past week I really couldn't put it down. Magic Strikes is defiantly one of my favorites

message 8: by Rio (last edited May 24, 2014 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rio (riodejaneiro) | 9 comments Kate Daniels is one of the few series that I enjoyed so much that I actually reread it - which is rare for me. It was just as good the second time around!

message 9: by Rio (last edited May 24, 2014 04:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rio (riodejaneiro) | 9 comments JP wrote: "Yes I would probably have to say Kate and Curran are my favorite UF couple"
I love Kate and Curran as a couple too! BTW- there's some great Kate and Curran fan art on DA like this ---->
Little_cat by ChrisTais on deviantART