YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
This topic is about Anew
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine--Starting March 5th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice.

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer.

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.

Feel free to join Gillian and I for this read!

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Thanks

message 3: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments Can I join this? Is it ok if I start today?

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Cinthia wrote: "Can I join this? Is it ok if I start today?"

Of course you can join! And sure, feel free to start whenever--I'll read through your thoughts as I read later! :D

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Alright ladies, I'm starting this today! :D

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 3%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 22%:

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Gillian (last edited Mar 04, 2016 04:56PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments had to go buy another copy mine vanished

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments starting today :)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments chapter 21 (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments chapter 29 (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments chapter 36 (view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Chapter 8 (22%):

(view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Chapter 8 (22%):

--Is anyone else bothered by the lack of diverse sentences/sentence structure in this book? I think so far, MOST of the sentences have started with either "Scarlet" or "She"...an..."

I would imagine this was her 1st book and she will develop given time i hope.

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Gillian wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Chapter 8 (22%):

--Is anyone else bothered by the lack of diverse sentences/sentence structure in this book? I think so far, MOST of the sentences have started with either "Scar..."

Gillian wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Chapter 8 (22%):

--Is anyone else bothered by the lack of diverse sentences/sentence structure in this book? I think so far, MOST of the sentences have started with either "Scar..."

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments All done (view spoiler) this book would be great for a very young teenager :)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Gillian wrote: "chapter 21 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Ending:

(view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Ending:

--WHAT THE HECK kind of dumb ending was THAT?! No, okay, it wasn't dumb, but...GAAAAH I hate cliff-hanger endings, and this was one of the worst ones EVER. Like honestly...way to make som..."

lol I'm sure they did that so we would read the next one